Emmerdale - Past and Present (Part 7)

1116117118119120122»

Comments

• lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Can you believe Slugden saying that her dress 'looks a bit young for you'?!! :eek::eek:

Personally, I think Kerreh would be fine if she just accepted that she's at least one size larger than she thinks she is, but even so, I would have ripped Slugden's face off if he'd said that to me. :mad::mad:

Oh yeah I forgot about that, that was a bit shocking wasn't it? :eek: She's not even that old! And the dress wasn't even that young IMO! If anything she was well covered up for her.

If MrL said that to me now at MY age I'd be incensed and he would know about it!!! :mad:

I wonder why they did that? I know Andy isn't the most subtle/bright of blokes but surely he knows that he's walking on thin ice saying stuff like that? Are they going to make a big issue of their smallish age gap now, which let's face it, wouldn't even be mentioned if it was an older man and younger woman :mad:

And like you say, like many women she won't admit to herself that she's put on weight and is still squeezing into the size she probably was at 18 :D I bet the actress looks really nice in proper fitting clothes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »

I wonder why they did that? I know Andy isn't the most subtle/bright of blokes but surely he knows that he's walking on thin ice saying stuff like that? Are they going to make a big issue of their smallish age gap now, which let's face it, wouldn't even be mentioned if it was an older man and younger woman :mad:

Most likely to plant the seed that Slugden isnt quite taken to this relationship anymore paving the way for his wondering eye to take control! :rolleyes: That being said it was something that needed to be said Kerry a women in her late 30's dressing younger than her daughter no no no no she needs to start dressing her age and tone it down!
  • 80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wonder why they did that? I know Andy isn't the most subtle/bright of blokes but surely he knows that he's walking on thin ice saying stuff like that? Are they going to make a big issue of their smallish age gap now, which let's face it, wouldn't even be mentioned if it was an older man and younger woman :mad: .

He was out of order saying that :( and I have seen Kerry look much worse - remember Vanessa's party ;)

I think this will probably be related to next week when she misbehaves at Adam's party - I assume that Andy will be less than thrilled to see his girlfriend showing him up at his mates birthday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most likely to plant the seed that Slugden isnt quite taken to this relationship anymore paving the way for his wondering eye to take control! :rolleyes: That being said it was something that needed to be said Kerry a women in her late 30's dressing younger than her daughter no no no no she needs to start dressing her age and tone it down!

If anyone should be saying anything it should be her daughter. A man is taking his life in his own hands saying such things :eek::D
    80's Gal wrote: »
    He was out of order saying that :( and I have seen Kerry look much worse - remember Vanessa's party ;)

I think this will probably be related to next week when she misbehaves at Adam's party - I assume that Andy will be less than thrilled to see his girlfriend showing him up at his mates birthday.

I think you're right ;) I'm cringing already just thinking of what Kerry gets up to next week! :eek:
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, I think you're right that this was purely down to signposting the Slugden/Amy thing, but trust me here, JR - NO man should EVER say that to his g/f, whether needed or not.:eek: (Her daughter or a very close female friend might get away with it, but NEVER a boyfriend).

Anyway, as Lotteh said, there have been loads of examples of Kerreh dressing like a teenage slapper and Slugden never said a word. Suddenly last night, when the only thing wrong with the dress was that it was a size too small, he decides to call her out on it? Pathetic :rolleyes::mad:
  • Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,383
    Forum Member
    Oh yeah I forgot about that, that was a bit shocking wasn't it? :eek: She's not even that old! And the dress wasn't even that young IMO! If anything she was well covered up for her.

If MrL said that to me now at MY age I'd be incensed and he would know about it!!! :mad:

And like you say, like many women she won't admit to herself that she's put on weight and is still squeezing into the size she probably was at 18 :D I bet the actress looks really nice in proper fitting clothes.

She was in Inside Soap a little while ago doing an interview and I was quite shocked how different she looks when she's not Kerry. - she's a lovely looking girl when her make up hasn't been applied with a paint ball gun. :)
  • DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QUOTE: Lotty. Dixon - Katie was nice last night! Yay!:D
    More like the girl i recognise.

Nice to see a positive comment on Katie.:)
    However. Last night made me think back to the Christening eppy when Katie (and Debbie) took a Wrecking Ball to the day.
    While i obviuosly love seeing 'nice Katie' again, i can't help think that 'vile Katie' was more fun to watch that day.
    As EEK as she was that day, she was so EEK she made me lol.
    Then i was laughing even more at the truly horrendous abuse fm's were giving her - the most vile people ever seen on any tv show. Should be beaten with a Baseball bat, flogged, shot through the head, etc etc etc.

I guess i want my cake and eat it as well.

Btw. Wtf was that red thing she was wrapped in last night??? Talk about unflattering!
    Made her look like a half finished Mummy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brenda breaking Gennie's heart apart they were easily the best episodes of the week so thanks for the advice :)

Quite a few character driven scenes :):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brenda breaking Gennie's heart apart they were easily the best episodes of the week so thanks for the advice :)

Quite a few character driven scenes :):)

It was worth it just to see Nikhil as an Oompah Loopah! :D:cool:
  • GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've enjoyed seeing people just being friendly to each other again this week, on the stag and hen nights, and then the girls being giggly before the wedding. It makes such a nice change. Although seeing Debbie getting put straight by Cain was entertaining as well. Quite scarily, Cain appears to be the voice of reason in the Dingle family these days:eek:
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Min ep Synopsis.

The Wedding failed.
    Brenda is an idiot
    Bob was less Spineless
    Sean has a dog.
    Alicia doesn't know the difference between Chesnes Hawkes and Adele.
    Debbie Neglected Sarah
    Moira is Pregnant
    And the wedding failed, did I say the wedding was a disaster.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've enjoyed seeing people just being friendly to each other again this week, on the stag and hen nights, and then the girls being giggly before the wedding. It makes such a nice change. Although seeing Debbie getting put straight by Cain was entertaining as well. Quite scarily, Cain appears to be the voice of reason in the Dingle family these days:eek:

I agree Glenda, I loved the stag and hen do's! Particularly the stag do: Nik as a oompah loompah, the blokes faces when they were supposed to be watching that pole dancer, the artful dodger chasing an ooompah loompah down the street etc :D And I always love the scenes where there's loads of female characters characters together, I always think ED do these better than the other soaps. Well, certainly better than EE anyway who could definitely learn a thing or two about writing/filming these occasions.
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Min ep Synopsis.

The Wedding failed.
    Brenda is an idiot
    Bob was less Spineless
    Sean has a dog.
    Alicia doesn't know the difference between Chesnes Hawkes and Adele.
    Debbie Neglected Sarah
    Moira is Pregnant
    And the wedding failed, did I say the wedding was a disaster.

I think Alicia needs a bit more practice in this wedding planning :D I'm glad they had things going wrong for her though and her panicking a bit as it wouldn't have been realistic for her to sail through when she's had no previous experience.

I wrote this mini-rant on t'daileh in response to a post by Sheepie. Anyway, it sums up how I feel about both Gennie AND Brenda and as I can't be bothered to write it all out again I'm copying and pasting!:

Well I certainly didn't feel sorry for Gennie, I thought she was a disgrace to be frank. Of course she can be rightfully upset that her seriously ill mother is missing her big day but this is twice now she's ruined something for Nikhil because 'someone special' wasn't there. Firstly Katie at the christening (which he ended up bending over backwards to put right for her later on after she was the one who had absconded to find Katie when the ceremony could still have gone ahead without Katie!) and now the ultimate, his wedding!!! She doesn't seem to think of him and the fact that he might be upset at all :mad: Who was she supposed to be marrying? Her mother or Nik? If her heart wasn't in it she shouldn't have agreed to marry him until her mother's illness was sorted out one way or another. Sometimes in life you don't get the 'fairy tale' and I can't help thinking that if she REALLY loved Nik she wouldn't have done that at the altar.

Brenda ultimately caused this though. If she had had the operation and not dilly dallied I doubt there'd have been a wedding yesterday. They only brought it forward (from whenever it was supposed to be, when was that?) so that Brenda would be there as she was digging her heels in about having surgical/medical treatment so they didn't think she'd last much longer!

I'm sorry but as a mother Brenda's bleats of "everyone will be looking at me", "it might be my last happy day" etc for not attending were outrageously selfish. If your child wants you there - you go, no matter what. You can put up with people looking at you so your daughter can have her big day with YOU there - you'd grit your teeth and get through it as best you could especially under the circumstances. Ultimately I'm sure Gennie would have rather had her mother there funny turn/fit or not. At least she'd know that Brenda cared enough to go, to make the effort.

I agree though, Brenda's tale has been very badly told. It started off so well and I still think that Lesley Dunlop is excellent but it's a great shame they had to take Brenda down this route :(

(EDIT: Sheepie wasn't feeling sorry for Gennie by the way, the beginning of my post makes it sound like he was. He was making a point about many posters feeling for Gennie but calling Brenda a bitch etc.)
  • pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wrote this mini rant on t'daileh in response to a post by Sheepie. Anyway, it sums up how I feel about both Gennie AND Brenda and as I can't be bothered to write it all out again I'm copying and pasting!:

Well I certainly didn't feel sorry for Gennie, I thought she was a disgrace to be frank. Of course she can be rightfully upset that her seriously ill mother is missing her big day but this is twice now she's ruined something for Nikhil because 'someone special' wasn't there. Firstly Katie at the christening (which he ended up bending over backwards to put right for her later on after she was the one who had absconded to find Katie when the ceremony could still have gone ahead without Katie!) and now the ultimate, his wedding!!! She doesn't seem to think of him and the fact that he might be upset at all :mad: Who was she supposed to be marrying? Her mother or Nik? If her heart wasn't in it she shouldn't have agreed to marry him until her mother's illness was sorted out one way or another. Sometimes in life you don't get the 'fairy tale' and I can't help thinking that if she REALLY loved Nik she wouldn't have done that at the altar.

Brenda ultimately caused this though. If she had had the operation and not dilly dallied I doubt there'd have been a wedding yesterday. They only brought it forward (from whenever it was supposed to be, when was that?) so that Brenda would be there as she was digging her heels in about having surgical/medical treatment so they didn't think she'd last much longer!

I'm sorry but as a mother Brenda's bleats of "everyone will be looking at me", "it might be my last happy day" etc for not attending were outrageously selfish. If your child wants you there - you go, no matter what. You can put up with people looking at you so your daughter can have her big day with YOU there - you'd grit your teeth and get through it as best you could especially under the circumstances. Ultimately I'm sure Gennie would have rather had her mother there funny turn/fit or not. At least she'd know that Brenda cared enough to go, to make the effort.

I agree though, Brenda's tale has been very badly told. It started off so well and I still think that Lesley Dunlop is excellent but it's a great shame they had to take Brenda down this route :(

(EDIT: Sheepie wasn't feeling sorry for Gennie by the way, the beginning of my post makes it sound like he was. He was making a point about many posters feeling for Gennie but calling Brenda a bitch etc.)

Mini rant Lotty! I'd hate to see a big rant :D

I agree though, both Gennie and Brenda were acting selfishly, but I do feel sorry for both of them in a way, but who I feel most sorry for is Nikhil, he brought the wedding to make Gennie happy, and in way to make Brenda happy to, however neither of them seem happy at all, and then she refuses to marry him at the alter, and to top it off, he has his brother and best friend falling out over who should be best man :cool:

Even though I suppose that
    they do get married on Monday, so I suppose either Brenda shows up, or Gennie changes her mind
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Overall, for me, i'd say it was a pretty decent week.

I quite liked the Steve story earlier in the week, then the Stag and Hen and wedding stuff.
    Seemed to have more of a steady flow about it, rather than random crap that was filling much of Blackburns eppys.
    Too much Spencers and the dreary Brenda story were the only negatives for me.

Certainly better than it has been lately, that's for sure!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dixon wrote: »
    Overall, for me, i'd say it was a pretty decent week.

I quite liked the Steve story earlier in the week, then the Stag and Hen and wedding stuff.
    Seemed to have more of a steady flow about it, rather than random crap that was filling much of Blackburns eppys.
    Too much Spencers and the dreary Brenda story were the only negatives for me.

Certainly better than it has been lately, that's for sure!

Agreed, overall it wasn't a bad week.

For a while now we seem to have had a lot of filler eps so this was definitely an improvement.

I've watched the ITV previews for next week and they look pretty good too. Friday's ep looks like its going to have some pretty decent acting in it :)
  • pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had to save this thread from page 4! This should not be allowed :mad::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had to save this thread from page 4! This should not be allowed :mad::D

Good save :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I very rarely watch BGT, but i did catch some of last night show and was glad that i did, because that Hungarian act was a genuinely moving, beautiful peice of art.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I very rarely watch BGT, but i did catch some of last night show and was glad that i did, because that Hungarian act was a genuinely moving, beautiful peice of art.

Yes, it was a good show last night. The Shadow people were truly awesome. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Yes, it was a good show last night. The Shadow people were truly awesome. :cool:

One can imagine the amount of hours they must put in to perfect their work.
    The split second timing, posistioning and getting the shapes exactly right was just breathtakingly brilliant!

That young comedian with those horrendously naff jokes needed a good slapping though!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Couldn't agree more. I feel no shame in admitting that I was wiping a tear from my eye by the end. Superb.

Well, I wonder what delights are in store for us this week on ED?!

I think I'll try and do 'positive' posts this week.

They'll probably be very short posts :D

EDIT: Page 4!!!! Tut Tut P&P'ers *wags finger*
    Good save Pixie :)
  • GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That wasn't a bad episode tonight. This Cain and Moira story could make for an interesting development in their relationship and their individual characters. Even Debbie's descent into the pits of evil came across as high camp and melodramatic.

And yes I am repeating what I said on the Daily thread. The things that I'll do to save us from the ignominy of Page 4 for the second time in one day:eek::eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That wasn't a bad episode tonight. This Cain and Moira story could make for an interesting development in their relationship and their individual characters. Even Debbie's descent into the pits of evil came across as high camp and melodramatic.

And yes I am repeating what I said on the Daily thread. The things that I'll do to save us from the ignominy of Page 4 for the second time in one day:eek::eek:

Yes, I really enjoyed it tonight. But then I really enjoyed Corrie as well and everybody else said it was rubbish. :o

Hard to find anything new to add to the P&P thread, because the same sls seem to be going on forever and everything's already been said. :(
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,793
    Administrator
      Admin Notice: This thread is continued here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=65399400#post65399400
    This discussion has been closed.