Comments

• dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the article says is that it won't be on this year due to lack of timing for when they want it to start. I wouldn't be surprised if it's back next year.
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being Big Brother ‏@beingbigbrother 14m14 minutes ago

#BBAU EXCLUSIVE: Channel 9 have started negotiating a renewal which would see the show on air until 2018. On par with #BBUK
  • Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    Being Big Brother ‏@beingbigbrother 14m14 minutes ago

#BBAU EXCLUSIVE: Channel 9 have started negotiating a renewal which would see the show on air until 2018. On par with #BBUK

I need BBAU. It's the only BB actually worth watching.
  • Artemis1Artemis1 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ☹ I am very sad - I was looking forward to bbau so much.

It was a case of bb UK filling in the time between bbau series.

The only thing is bbusa starts at the end of June.😊
  • PinkminxyPinkminxy Posts: 3,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What!! No more BB Aus? :o I'll be gutted if that's the case.
  • munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just wanted a regular one. Gutted.
  • Red DevilRed Devil Posts: 13,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gutted! BB Australia is my favourite! :(
  • munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only watch the Brit ones and the Aussie, the US and Canada ones are awful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bbspy ‏@bbspy 8s8 seconds ago

Big Brother Australia has lost its executive producer as its future hangs in the balance: http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bbau/news/0619/big-brother-australia-loses-its-executive-producer-alex-mavroidakis … #bbau
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last one was pretty bad. They have got cheaper giving even fewer updates. The comparison to CH5 is clear.
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    Channel Nine is the one with like 20 different renovation shows on it, I think, plus their version of The Voice (they even get Jessie J this series). I guess they think they have enough other material to hold them over.
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best hope for it is that it moves back to where it started, the same with the UK version really.
  • OakOak Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite disappointed because I really enjoyed watching the last 2 seasons of BBAUS
  • InthedeepInthedeep Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Big Brother Australia sucks in it's recent incarnation. They make it way too tame and family friendly and some episodes nothing really ever happens. I have watched every UK, USA and Canada season but cannot manage to get into it since moving here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inthedeep wrote: »
    Big Brother Australia sucks in it's recent incarnation. They make it way too tame and family friendly and some episodes nothing really ever happens. I have watched every UK, USA and Canada season but cannot manage to get into it since moving here.

They have to make it family friendly since it is on TV during dinnertime :P
  • InthedeepInthedeep Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    They have to make it family friendly since it is on TV during dinnertime :P

Exactly. That's why it sucks!
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked BBAU only saw last years I still enjoyed it I heard it wasn't as good. I liked how it was more fun not all about constant arguments.
    I may have to start watching some of the old series after bbuk ends.
  • Artemis1Artemis1 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mysty211 wrote: »
    I really liked BBAU only saw last years I still enjoyed it I heard it wasn't as good. I liked how it was more fun not all about constant arguments.

BB Australia 2013 Imo the best bb ever ever.

102 days long - a daily show not cut down to 3 days per week like 2014.

I think it encompasses everything we want from bb - it must have cost the network a fortune and plenty of fun rolled in .

I remember thinking I just wanted to live in that luxurious house.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artemis1 wrote: »
    ☹ I am very sad - I was looking forward to bbau so much.

It was a case of bb UK filling in the time between bbau series.

The only thing is bbusa starts at the end of June.😊

Agreed - I am really disappointed at this news. Maybe the writing was on the wall when they ended the wonderful Friday Night Live (I loved watching those daft games they had to go through :D )
    Inthedeep wrote: »
    Exactly. That's why it sucks!

Some of us prefer the programme with no effing and jeffing, no threats of fisticuffs and no snivelling that they don't want to be in there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked BBAU

That's what I did and I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. I really like their Big Brother - a sense of humour but very strict. I remember one episode where some of the HMs were playing a guessing game and were stuck on the answer - then Big Brother pipes up with his response; so funny. Brilliantly made version of BB in my opinion. One scene always stands out in my memory when Stacy made a 'special dip' for BB but the dog, Delilah, reached up and ate the dip; Delilah was summoned to the Diary Roomby BB to account for her actions (and she looked suitably ashamed lol).
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll definite start watching those as soon as this ends or after cbb.
    The house looked amazing last year it'd be interesting to see how the other years are.
    Which years are the best series? Is it just the 2013?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The house looked amazing last year it'd be interesting to see how the other years are.

2013 BBAU widely considered as one of the best series ever anywhere in the world
  • ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Don't get your hopes up; I found 2013 dreadfully dull and gave up around a month into it (although I did stick with the eviction episodes). I wouldn't have even bothered with the eviction episodes if it wasn't for Mikkayla; the only decent housemate.

There's some really 'nice' housemates and it's a pretty likeable cast overall, but dull.

I guess it comes down to what you want out of a series, personally I don't understand the fuss.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    2013 BBAU widely considered as one of the best series ever anywhere in the world

I agree - very funny (but I suppose that depends on your sense of humour and what you want from BB).

Just had a look on youtube and BBAU10 (2013) has been taken down but BBAU will upload if you message them according to their message.

Just browsing through, there was a photo of Drew (phwoar) and his BB girlfriend Tully - that looked much the same as what's happening now in BBUK! (Except Nick isn't phwoar material - sorry Nick.)

If you enjoy bickering, arguing, nudity, constant sniping and backstabbing then BBAU is not for you.