Should I buy a IPod Touch now? or wait until a new version arrives?

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there will be a newer version of the Ipod Touch coming out soon, seeing as there will be a new IPhone coming out shortly.

I am about to buy a IPod Touch but if a newer version is only just around the corner I will wait.

Many thanks.

Comments

• EuphoricaLEuphoricaL Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    For apple stuff I always check http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

Which says: "Buy only if you need it - Approaching the end of a cycle".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Cheers for that EuphoricaL! Good spot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,928
    Forum Member
    apple are giving away ipod touches to students who are buying macs in the us at the moment. that may be an indication that they are clearing inventory for a new model.

also, there is a new software version for ipod touch coming out on july 11 which will cost $9.99 (don't know the uk price) for touches bought before that date.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking of selling my iPod touch, so PM me if you don't mind a 2nd hand one in near mint condition, email software update + griffin hard shell case. I bought mine in February then had it replaced early this month with a brand new box, so it's actually only a month old (receipts to prove it).

I use another player for music and I thought I'd be able to judge when I'd need to go out with either player, but I end up too much picking the wrong one or them both (storage being the issue, I have an 80gb mp3 player and an 8gb touch). I'm a gadget freak so couldn't resist...

I have a 100% ebay/paypal record so let me know if you'd be interested in it with a decent offer.
  • alflavoralflavor Posts: 1,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am thinking of a new ipod, but figured that in the past 3 years they have launched a whole new range in Sept, so am hanging on till then, or whenever the range is revamped.
  • dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    I asked this same question on the iLounge forums and someone gave me a very good reply which is actually made me decide to just go ahead and buy one now.. im not falling into Apple's little net every year.

"Simple, if you really want it, buy it. Life cannot revolve around having the latest and greatest in my opinion.

No one really knows what a new update will hold in store for us. So if you want one buy it, if youre skeptical, then dont.

Theres three levels of the touch available now, choose the best and you have the best for now. I seriously doubt you will get teased because your ipod touch is not the latest model come Christmas time....And you're not the only one with bad luck when Apple updates products, we all have that problem, it affects everyone. Buy and be happy or continue sitting on the sidelines like a backup QB for the Patriots."

"There will ALWAYS be something new. The more you wait and wait and wait and hold off and hold off, you'd be dead before you decide to buy anything."

"The iPod touch will probably be updated in September. But my guess is that it won't be ahuge update. Maybe like 802.11n and a 64 gb model and price drops. And with the 2.0 software, the current model won't be outdated anytime soon"