Digital picture frames

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
Forum Member
Can anyone recommend a good digital photo frame?

Comments

• Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought my Mum a Kodak Easyshare SV710 for something like £50-60 from Argos, 7 inches I think it is. Works really well! No videos though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    Thanks.. I'll check it out. there are so many to choose from!
  • Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,894
    Forum Member
    I have the Kodak Easyshare EX1011 which is the 10 inch version of the one mentioned above. It's wireless too. Really pleased with the picture quality but would have liked a "random" picture feature rather than playing them in the same order all the time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,102
    Forum Member
    Smiley433 wrote: »
    I have the Kodak Easyshare EX1011 which is the 10 inch version of the one mentioned above. It's wireless too. Really pleased with the picture quality but would have liked a "random" picture feature rather than playing them in the same order all the time.
    Has to be noted, this one is DRM restricted, and the Wi-Fi only appears to be functional if you have a Windows PC and Media Player v11 installed.
  • Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,894
    Forum Member
    I don't have any DRM issues displaying pictures I've taken with my own camera on the picture frame. Yes the picture frame can play music and videos, but that's not what I bought it for.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Novatech seem to have the best selection at the moment.

Wifi ones and high res ones too.

The high res wifi one is £60.
    Probably better is the 8" high res one with 5 free interchangeable frames that plays movies too at £46
  • fraserafrasera Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    mainly look at the resolution.

so many look horrible because of their low resolution. what good is it if your pictures look like garbage.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Yoonix wrote: »
    Has to be noted, this one is DRM restricted, and the Wi-Fi only appears to be functional if you have a Windows PC and Media Player v11 installed.

I don't think that true, I think you need to install a upnp media server (like ushare or mediatomb) on your pc, and it will work from what I hear.

I looking for a wifi picture frame where you can copy pictures to its local memory from your computer. All of the wifi frames I've found seem to require your PC to be on when using the wifi function, and/or you need to upload your photos to some particular picture site.

I just want a wifi frame that acts as a windows share, which I be able to able to update the photos from my pc from time to time. That would be far simpler, but then there is no lock-in.