The John and Edward Appreciation Thread (Part 19)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disnae wrote: »
    If they were to do another reality show in Uk I'd hope for Dancing on Ice because people would see how committed and hard working they are. They could even show case their music by dancing to it. The only problem is, there is two of them and they'd have to enter seperately. unless they both shared a partner and danced in a threesome, which would be rather difficult.

Please... no more voting shows... except Eurovision.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just have this vision in my head of them gliding round the ice to Hold the World. It would be beautiful. :)If people heard that song on prime time tv I'm sure they'd go out and buy it!:cool: It's a shame that the fact there's two of them makes it problematic.

I would imagine they would be contracted much the same as CBB... none of their music was allowed to be used. So, thinking they could use the show as a platform to promote their music would probably not work.

No more voting shows, please! Unless everyone wants J&E to become reality tv stars like Kerry Katona.. then by all means... get your skates out!
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pithywitch wrote: »
    Please... no more voting shows... except Eurovision.

Agreed!

Panto was fab btw
  • DisnaeDisnae Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    pithywitch wrote: »
    I would imagine they would be contracted much the same as CBB... none of their music was allowed to be used. So, thinking they could use the show as a platform to promote their music would probably not work.

No more voting shows, please! Unless everyone wants J&E to become reality tv stars like Kerry Katona.. then by all means... get your skates out!
    Vanilla I ce skated to Ice Ice Baby though, so I think they'd ebe allowed to skate to their own music. Maybe only one song though. BB rarely broadcasts any music because they have to pay royalties if it is broadcast. C5 even posted videos during the main series with the sound blocked because of the music . Anyway, I'm with you re the voting . If they do Eurosong and Eurovision, that's plenty!
    Forum Member
    River_Tam wrote: »
    Agreed!

Panto was fab btw
    Glad you enjoyed it! I've watched back quite a few of the videos andit looked fab!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vanilla I ce skated to Ice Ice Baby though, so I think they'd ebe allowed to skate to their own music. Maybe only one song though. BB rarely broadcasts any music because they have to pay royalties if it is broadcast. C5 even posted videos during the main series with the sound blocked because of the music . Anyway, I'm with you re the voting . If they do Eurosong and Eurovision, that's plenty!

I guess it simply depends on what the twins want. They have said themselves that they want to do all of the reality shows, so I am assuming that is their chosen direction - to be tv personalities or reality stars. I don't agree with the whole idea of 'being famous for being famous' (and I believe this is the perception of J&E in the UK), but it is not my life or my career... so whichever path they choose, good on them!
    Forum Member
    I know the twins haven't even competed in Eurosong yet, but if anyone fancies a flutter on them to win Eurovision, you can get 18/1 at Paddypower! (They're 1/4 to represent Ireland...almost dead certs!) http://www.mediacontact.ie/mediahq/paddypower/25584/jedward-tipped-to-go-baku-to-eurovision.html
  • rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can vote for Wow Oh Wow as the best Music video of 2011 on Muzu TV

http://www.muzu.tv/ie/muzucharts/best-of-2011-ie/

You just have to click on it to vote (I think)
  • OG48OG48 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No more voting please! We have trouble keeping up with you know the one.......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Important message from Edward:

Could everyone fly over to Ireland to vote for them in Eurosong.

End message.

Alternatively those in the UK can just use the NI number like last year - whatever!
    Forum Member
    I think I remember something about some fans who did actually go over to Ireland to vote last year
  • MarcPaulBMarcPaulB Posts: 4,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

End message.

Alternatively those in the UK can just use the NI number like last year - whatever!

Important message to Edward:

Yes.....if he's paying :)

End of message.

Surely they're not worried about Eurosong? Unless the song's poor - and why would it be? - or someone else comes up with a cracker, I can't see them being beat.
  • ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://t.co/85MeIAF6 Jedward clearly have own brand of rock 'n roll

and okay we vote like crazy the Virgin poll though nobody know if this is an important voting, maybe we should concentrate on more important one like the http://www.muzu.tv/ie/muzucharts/best-of-2011-ie/ MUZU TV voting(more important because we vote for their muic) and LAFTA http://t.co/zyXRLogm here we know when it ends &it is not a boring never-ending story like the Virgin Poll(though I vote it non stop but many people are tired of it) . I would be very annoyed when they lose important votings only because a just-for-fun voting
  • rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

End message.

Ok Edward..I'll book my ticket now :D: if only I could I would :o ....the NI number sounds like more a possibility for me ;)
    Forum Member
    JedGEn have just posted this article about Jedward and Eurosong. They are still the only confirmed entry with just a few weeks to go.http://eurovisiontimes.wordpress.com/2012/01/03/ireland-will-anyone-challenge-jedward-this-year/

I wonder if there might still be a possibility that RTE could change the format and make the competition about choosing the song for Jedward.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Do we know who's in Dancing on Ice this year?

The twins were amazing on Eurovision last year! :)
    Forum Member
    sallywms07 wrote: »
    Do we know who's in Dancing on Ice this year?

The twins were amazing on Eurovision last year! :)
    Yeah, the lineup has been anounced. http://www.handbag.com/celebrity/the-gossip-mill/dancing-on-ice-2011-lineup-030112
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would fly to Ireland to vote for them if I could LOL. I'll vote for them like crazy on Eurovision tho :)

My US friends went today to panto and got to meet John afterwards. They're totally delighted!!! I can't wait to hear more from them, I'm well jel :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rosemary wrote: »
    Ok Edward..I'll book my ticket now :D: if only I could I would :o ....the NI number sounds like more a possibility for me ;)

a few people did fly over for Eurosong last year.
    But the NI number makes more sense financially although it would be great to be there!

But I'm just passing on Edward's message OK!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would fly to Ireland to vote for them if I could LOL. I'll vote for them like crazy on Eurovision tho :)

My US friends went today to panto and got to meet John afterwards. They're totally delighted!!! I can't wait to hear more from them, I'm well jel :D

I met some girls from the US while I was in Dublin!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

End message.

Lol. If it's a decent song, I doubt they'll need worry about topping the public vote on Irish votes alone. Honestly, it was like they had taken over the country over the Christmas break: they were never off the tv screens and the continuity announcer on RTÉ was plugging their show at almost every interval. :cool: :)

Also, I hope everyone who went to Panto over Christmas had a great time and enjoyed Dublin. Ireland had a nice balmy(ish) Christmas this year :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still establishing my "Jedward are nowaday's Marx Brothers"-theory, I've been pleasantly surprised by listening to the following interview. I know there are a few people around who encourage that comparison and I tell you: Matt Edmondson receiving Jedward for Christmas is pure Marx Bros style! :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0P8uDeaZLs

It's a good comparison. I wonder if they've seen any Marx Bros films? (I don't think they've ever mentioned any - but, hey, they keep plenty of interests well hidden!) I recall TG4 (Irish language station) used to run Marx Bros films quite regularly on weekend mornings when I was growing up, so John and Edward would definitely have had the opportunity to come across them.

Actually, in a similar vein, I was watching some silent film over the Christmas break and I was struck by how much various aspects of the twins' persona (particularly, the more physical manifestations of their humour) seem to echo the style of early cinema comedy (though I could, of course, be imagining it - I know way less than I would like to know about early cinema :o).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met some girls from the US while I was in Dublin!
    It's amazing how they get some fans travelling so much just for seeing them :)

BTW I must congratulate John and Edward for taking the time between their panto performances to meet the fans outside the theatre. I don't know if they do it after all the shows but seems they do it at least once everyday and it's amazing.

Edit: How GOOD does this look? :cool: http://youtu.be/pEWZOkPmH_8
  • Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silverhand wrote: »
    It's a good comparison. I wonder if they've seen any Marx Bros films? (I don't think they've ever mentioned any - but, hey, they keep plenty of interests well hidden!) I recall TG4 (Irish language station) used to run Marx Bros films quite regularly on weekend mornings when I was growing up, so John and Edward would definitely have had the opportunity to come across them.

Actually, in a similar vein, I was watching some silent film over the Christmas break and I was struck by how much various aspects of the twins' persona (particularly, the more physical manifestations of their humour) seem to echo the style of early cinema comedy (though I could, of course, be imagining it - I know way less than I would like to know about early cinema :o).

BIB - I agree, although I'm thinking more Jackie Chan who himself was influenced by the silent film comedians - mainly Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton. That form of physical comedy/slapstick had no language barriers. I've noticed a few similarities between the twins and Jackie Chan and given the number of times they refer to ninjas and 'stuntsmen' I'm hoping their a fan. John in particular seems very capable of doing many of the gynmastic type movements - I'm not saying Edward can't either its just I've not spotted them all yet.

The thing that made me think about it was a photo where John is supporting (climbing) himself vertically in a doorway - Jackie Chan does a similar trick in an early film - and it require's significant amount of core body strength, plus that handstand press up thing he demonstrated to Bobby in the CBB house.

Back to the Marx Brothers comparision I thought the recent panto vid of John and Edward having difficulty in getting into their onesies and sliding all over the stage was a great example of that. Norman Wisdom/Lee Evans also sprang to mind.
  • flowerduckflowerduck Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silverhand wrote: »

I don't think so Silverhand, I agree :)
    For some reason this CBB clip always reminds me of early silent films or Marx Bros humour :) I love it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkOQ9c7eYIo
This discussion has been closed.