The Medusa Touch

dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone remember 'The Medusa Touch'? have just downloaded it, i remember as a kid wishing i could do what Richard Burton could do in this film

Comments

• BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely remember it, in fact I mentioned it in a thread a few weeks ago. I seem to recall it being on itv Sunday nights a few times in the 80s.
    Please PM where you downloaded it from.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fantastic under rated JEM of a movie, burton plays it so unbelievably scary AND realistic ..... and when gordon jackson reacts at the end

O
    M
    G

the movie has a top class cast too!
  • dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    do you think it was him under all the bandages or an extra while richard was out on the ale?
  • sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember it well, didnt he crash a plane into a skyscraper yikes!
  • dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sinbad8982 wrote: »
    Remember it well, didnt he crash a plane into a skyscraper yikes!

oooh spoiler alert lmao:D
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw this at the cinema with Carquake (aka Cannonball) in 1978. The set pieces are all well done esp the climax and the post climax which now loses it power as the name of the target is different! Youngsters will go "where?" ;p
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it very enjoyable, but there's no denying it's a ludicrous hamfest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    Aneechik wrote: »
    I found it very enjoyable, but there's no denying it's a ludicrous hamfest.

Maybe so, but it is ham of the primest and succulent kind..........and what a cast.
  • njpnjp Posts: 27,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent film. It rises above the admittedly ludicrous premise by the captivating power of Burton's performance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mike65 wrote: »
    Saw this at the cinema with Carquake (aka Cannonball) in 1978. The set pieces are all well done esp the climax and the post climax which now loses it power as the name of the target is different! Youngsters will go "where?" ;p

I seen it as well with Carquake, feel so old:(
    Have the Medusa Touch on dvd along with other 70s films, loved the 70s.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember seeing this and me and my friend were just roaring with laughter , it's so funny , he runs his parents over and burns the school down .
    at the end is the best bit when the Abbey collapses and the 'great and the good' are all scrabbling and screaming ! brilliant !

it's really quite cathartic .
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    galaxy99 wrote: »
    I seen it as well with Carquake, feel so old:(
    I saw Carquake with The Giant Spider Invasion.

You certainly got the better deal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Double Bills (and re-issues) for the win!

Thats Carry On/Whats Up nurse
    The Warriors/Death Wish
    Death Race 2000/ Emmanuelle 2 (seriously!)

A few of them back in the day
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember seeing this and me and my friend were just roaring with laughter , it's so funny , he runs his parents over and burns the school down .
    at the end is the best bit when the Abbey collapses and the 'great and the good' are all scrabbling and screaming ! brilliant !

it's really quite cathartic .

:D

Bonkers, but watchable!
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluray wrote: »
    Please PM where you downloaded it from.

Or you could show some respect for the film and buy the DVD of this underrated minor masterpiece.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Or you could show some respect for the film and buy the DVD of this underrated minor masterpiece.

Yeah whatever
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluray wrote: »
    Yeah whatever

About what I expected.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    About what I expected.

I'm happy to have satisfied you. Haven't you got self-appointed Internet policing to do?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    I love this movie :D I saw it on TV when my son was a baby, but I had missed the start so it took me years to find out what it was called, let alone get hold of the DVD. This was before the internet and in particular the IMDB got started :D
  • balthasarbalthasar Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A very good film was Lew Grade Involved..?
  • Alvar HansoAlvar Hanso Posts: 2,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what does the poster way above mean when he seems to be refering to a name change ? of the bed ridden Richard Burton next target, it always began with a W as I recall, without wanting to spoil anyone
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    what does the poster way above mean when he seems to be refering to a name change ? of the bed ridden Richard Burton next target, it always began with a W as I recall, without wanting to spoil anyone
    The W & I Burton is starting to write refers to Windscale, the famous UK nuclear power plant that nearly went up in smoke in 1957. Shutting it down, The authorities then focused nuclear attention elsewhere - the nearby Sellafield being the most well-known.
  • Alvar HansoAlvar Hanso Posts: 2,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know johnny, I thought for a minute mike 65 was refering to some kind of changed edition where something else was indicated, hence the question

but yes, I know what the w stands for
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    balthasar wrote: »
    A very good film was Lew Grade Involved..?

Its an ITC film yes. Jack Gold directed, he did a load of good TV films for ITC and BBC, stuff you just don't see anymore