Chris Eccleston Regen Scene

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
Forum Member
Christopher Eccleston declined to be involved in the 50th but agreed to film his missing regen theme which is shown at the end of the episode.

Comments

• CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds a bit contradictory.
  • mikey1980mikey1980 Posts: 3,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it's now revealed that no current or previous doctors or companions are in "The Last Night" mini minisode.... So where would this regeneration scene be shown? The red button? Exclusive to the cinema version of the 50th? A DVD extra??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    benabomb wrote: »
    Christopher Eccleston declined to be involved in the 50th but agreed to film his missing regen theme which is shown at the end of the episode.
    Source?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Site? Source? Reliable poster? Press?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    I call bull until I see it, or see a reliable source.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blackened1 wrote: »
    I call bull until I see it, or see a reliable source.

I'm doing some digging.
  • emma30emma30 Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    I have everything crossed this is true....but I doubt it :cry:
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or he has agreed to footage being shown which is cleverly done, to show Hurt change into him.
  • Flash81tFlash81t Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    Massive spoiler,
    I can confirm that thanks to the help of Derek Acorah, Hartnell, Troughton and Pertwee have all filmed new scenes to be shown on saturday.

its going to be epic!
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I think we will see Hurt start to regenerate whether Eccleston is in it or not and with CGI and other SFX he wouldn't even need to be there to be in it they could just use his image like they did a young Hurt
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flash81t wrote: »
    Massive spoiler,
    I can confirm that thanks to the help of Derek Acorah, Hartnell, Troughton and Pertwee have all filmed new scenes to be shown on saturday.

its going to be epic!

I totally expect to see
    all the Doctors in it, as I said previously, Moffat will almost certainly give a post-50th speech saying something like "did anyone really think that I'd leave them out? It's the 50th anniversary, of course they're all going to be in it!"

But am interested where the info came from.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    I think Eccleston will make a brief Regen cameo, despite what he supposedly said. Look at how McGann was absolutely, positively "NOT INVOLVED"... ;-)
    Forum Member
    It wouldn't even take long for him to film if all they want is him just stood there after Hurt regenerates and maybe just say a line he could be in film it and out again within a hour so nobody would know or see him on set for days
  • scott26985scott26985 Posts: 1,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they could have a regen even without Eccleston 's involvement. Just have Hurt start to regen and then zoom out or something and use an actor that looks like Eccleston from a distance or just not show the face. Easy to do I reckon.
    Forum Member
    scott26985 wrote: »
    they could have a regen even without Eccleston 's involvement. Just have Hurt start to regen and then zoom out or something and use an actor that looks like Eccleston from a distance or just not show the face. Easy to do I reckon.

Even if they want his face they could do it like they did young Hurt's face
  • scott26985scott26985 Posts: 1,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even if they want his face they could do it like they did young Hurt's face

or even reuse old footage from series 1 for a few seconds and add effects.