If a cat were to take up motoring, would it . . .

diablodiablo Posts: 8,300
Forum Member

. . . drive a BMW? :D

I generally find that BMW drivers are some of the worst - although maybe there are a couple out there who aren't too bad.

It just struck me earlier this evening, as I was trying to take some waste veg stuff down to the compost bin at mum's house. The cat who tends to live in the back garden (not hers) blocked the door, causing me to step over it. Then tried another blocking manoeuvre when I got to the path. Finally overtook me and then slowed right down.

Reminded me of BMW drivers for some reason.

I wouldn't have minded, but I'd told the cat that I had nothing for it - jeez doesn't it understand plain English? Or maybe I should have told it in German? :)

Comments

• trevalyantrevalyan Posts: 7,705
    Forum Member
    ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,121
    Forum Member
    Nah, they'd probably go for a Jaguar.

Or maybe a Ford Puma.

They definitely wouldn't drive a Rover :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,940
    Forum Member
    Oh, the old BMW drivers are bad drivers line. :yawn:

It's so old I think it's mentioned in the Old Testament. I'm just waiting for some joke about indicators now.
  • RubusRooRubusRoo Posts: 10,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But cats can't drive & are unlikely to ever do so.

Sorry, what exactly is the point of this "thread"?
  • diablodiablo Posts: 8,300
    Forum Member
    RubusRoo wrote: »

I probably came up with the comparison because I'd been blocked and cut up by three BMWs on my mile and a half trip to mum's house.

p.s. one had indicators that worked, just indicated the opposite way to his intentions.
  • Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    Randomness, plain and simple, just as it should be. I love it. None of this inane pigeon palaver :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    diablo wrote: »
    I probably came up with the comparison because I'd been blocked and cut up by three BMWs on my mile and a half trip to mum's house.

p.s. one had indicators that worked, just indicated the opposite way to his intentions.

So what the hell do cats have to do with anything :confused:

Come back LostPigeon, all is forgiven.

Edit

On another note.

I'm watching Charmed, season 2.

Just how hot were those chicks.

I would do Pru 1st, then Phoebe (bet she's dirty), then Piper. Then I'd ff to season 7 & copulate with Paige.

Yikes.
  • Phil OwensPhil Owens Posts: 6,989
    Forum Member
    Whatever the cat drives I bet it's engine will purr!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phil Owens wrote: »
    Whatever the cat drives I bet it's engine will purr!:D

Cripes, 9 years on this site, & that's the best you can come up with :rolleyes:;)
    Forum Member
    Cripes, 9 years on this site, & that's the best you can come up with :rolleyes:;)
    Has it been 9 years? who's counting anyway?. Not the best line I've come up with, but what's how long I've been on DS got to do with it.
    You only get to be funny after 10 years.;)
    Forum Member

Wrong http://rantasaurusrex.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/driving_cat.jpg

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/funny-pictures-orange-cat-driving.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    So what the hell do cats have to do with anything :confused:

Completely self-centred?
    (Like the stereotype BMW driver)
  • PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A cat driving a V-reg Fiat Punto pulled out in front of me the other day, and when I beeped my horn at him for his stupidity he had the temerity to give me the finger. Cheeky little bugger :mad:

So, no cats don't just drive BMW's, what a silly thread :D
  • rossm2008rossm2008 Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if the OP was feline a bit funny when he created this topic, he may have been kitten around.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    diablo wrote: »

. . . drive a BMW? :D
    It wouldn't drive anything. It would have a chauffeur, & stretch out on the back seat, just occasionally rolling on its back or opening an eye to keep an eye on the driver.

There are good reasons why cats shouldn't be allowed to drive. This is one of them. Their language is far from purrfect. :D