Help with a man! (please)

Comments

• Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Bidget Jones had more luck with her judge though! It hasn't worked out on Friday, so we won't see each other until February. I spent the last 10 years mostly trying to avoid him and now I'm so very impatient about us meeting up again. :o I only want things when I can't have them RIGHT NOW. In the meantime, I'll have to invent a few more legal issues I will need his advice on to give me an excuse to call him up. I have never called him from England - not once in 10 years! - so these would have to be some extremely urgent matters I make up. :D
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a bad feeling that if he does start wanting you again, you will lose interest again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xela M wrote: »
    I hope Bidget Jones had more luck with her judge though! It hasn't worked out on Friday, so we won't see each other until February. I spent the last 10 years mostly trying to avoid him and now I'm so very impatient about us meeting up again. :o I only want things when I can't have them RIGHT NOW. In the meantime, I'll have to invent a few more legal issues I will need his advice on to give me an excuse to call him up. I have never called him from England - not once in 10 years! - so these would have to be some extremely urgent matters I make up. :D

Tell him you need to learn his lanuage as there might be a new role at work?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strict wrote: »
    Tell him you need to learn his lanuage as there might be a new role at work?

Unfortunately I already speak his language, as I grew up in Germany :(
  • dorahalldorahall Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't you just tell him you're interested in pursuing a relationship with him instead of pretending to have all these legal problems you need help with?

He might go off you if he thinks you're ditzy and incapable of doing your job without his help.

You've known him for 10 years, tell him you've suddenly seen him in a new light. He'll either be delighted, and rush to your side - or run for the hills, never to be seen again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorahall wrote: »
    Can't you just tell him you're interested in pursuing a relationship with him instead of pretending to have all these legal problems you need help with?

He might go off you if he thinks you're ditzy and incapable of doing your job without his help.

You've known him for 10 years, tell him you've suddenly seen him in a new light. He'll either be delighted, and rush to your side - or run for the hills, never to be seen again.

I really want to do this, but in person rather than over the phone. The "legal issues" would all have to involve the German legal system, otherwise I'd probably be able to answer them better myself :D;) I was joking (somewhat :o ) about the legal problems, I might just call him anyway one of these days. I would like to conceal my desperation a bit though, as I think his infatuation with me had a lot to do with me being aloof.
  • Christian_GreyChristian_Grey Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorahall wrote: »

Exactly. It's not like she's only just met him. She sounds like a dizzy 13 year old rather than a grown woman with a child and that is not a good thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly. It's not like she's only just met him. She sounds like a dizzy 13 year old rather than a grown woman with a child and that is not a good thing.

You're a bit grumpy. A digital spy forum is hardly a place for life-enhancing debate. It's all a bit of fun. I'm the first to admit that I'm an absolute train wreck when it comes to men. It's weird because I'm quite responsible in all other aspects of life, but I could do with some education in that department!

Plus I don't really want to date, as I don't have time for it and don't want to introduce my daughter to random strangers. This guy I already know, he's nice and decent and would make a great male role model for my daughter (her own father will rather teach her to be "street smart" - i.e. to swear, fight and/or steal :rolleyes:)
  • Christian_GreyChristian_Grey Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're a bit grumpy. A digital spy forum is hardly a place for life-enhancing debate. It's all a bit of fun. I'm the first to admit that I'm an absolute train wreck when it comes to men. It's weird because I'm quite responsible in all other aspects of life, but I could do with some education in that department!

Plus I don't really want to date, as I don't have time for it and don't want to introduce my daughter to random strangers. This guy I already know, he's nice and decent and would make a great male role model for my daughter (as her own father will rather teach her to be "street smart" - i.e. to swear, fight and/or steal :rolleyes:)
    Not grumpy, just irritated by the giggly little girl act.
  • dorahalldorahall Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Plus I don't really want to date, as I don't have time for it and don't want to introduce my daughter to random strangers. This guy I already know, he's nice and decent and would make a great male role model for my daughter (her own father will rather teach her to be "street smart" - i.e. to swear, fight and/or steal :rolleyes:)
    You just want to go from platonic friends to impending matrimony?:eek: Are you sure about this? You haven't even kissed him, what if he kisses like an excitable Labrador, all thrusting tongue and lashings of saliva?
  • StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It all sounds too complicated for me. If it's this much carry on is it worth it?
  • LH1LH1 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just ring him up and say you missed him over New Year and that you're looking forward to seeing him. You never know he might get on the first plane!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    contact the judge and tell him how you feel as if you leave it any longer he may fall for somebody
  • alsmamaalsmama Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LH1 wrote: »
    Just ring him up and say you missed him over New Year and that you're looking forward to seeing him. You never know he might get on the first plane!

This is good.
  • Nia70Nia70 Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would love an update on this one, have been following with interest
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish I could give you an exciting update, but I haven't spoken to him yet. It's not unusual, as we normally only see or speak to each other when I visit my parents in Germany. Between work and my kid, by the time I'm able to make any phone calls it's too late to call him. I will ring him this weekend though (after work as I have to work on Saturday morning as well. Grr!) Maybe he will crack and confess his undying love for me :D It would save me embarrassing myself :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nia70 wrote: »
    Would love an update on this one, have been following with interest

Was just coming to say the same thing.
    I wish I could give you an exciting update, but I haven't spoken to him yet. It's not unusual, as we normally only see or speak to each other when I visit my parents in Germany. Between work and my kid, by the time I'm able to make any phone calls it's too late to call him. I will ring him this weekend though (after work as I have to work on Saturday morning as well. Grr!) Maybe he will crack and confess his undying love for me :D It would save me embarrassing myself :o

Great...today's the day then!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So... Did you call him?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a tiny update... I called him today and his mum was at his house! Grrr! I even had to speak to her! Although this may be a good thing because she likes me (I don't know why :eek: ) and will be 'talking' to him. Anyway... we spoke about how he's intending to travel the world and I asked him who he was traveling with. he said a colleague might be coming with him, but if he can't make it, he'll take his mum ( :rolleyes: ) So I said I wanted to come along (very subltle :D ) and his response was "are you sure you could get that long off work and what would you do with your daughter" blah blah :mad:

Anyway, due to unforeseen circumstances (on my part) I actually have to travel to Germany in February instead of him coming over here. I said that next time we meet up in Germany we should go out instead of always just staying at my parents' place which was boring. He said "oh ok.. like a bar? or maybe cinema?" Anyway, I couldn't have made it more obvious what I wanted (honestly, it wasn't subtle at all :o ) and I hope his mum clarifies it to him and we can actually go out without our parents.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's a step in the right direction, and February isn't far away! I'd call him again soon when you know his mum isn't going to be there though.
  • StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a mother I would be concerned he said 'what will you do with your daughter?'. Surely she would come with you. He has to see you as a unit otherwise it will never work.

Good luck though!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    Just be very careful, i had the most amazing best friend. We spent time together everyday, she was the best friend i ever had, it was only online at first but then we met and became more than friends. Now almost three years later after falling out, our friendship lies in tatters and i miss her companionship terribly. So be very careful, sometimes friendships are best left that way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starpuss wrote: »
    As a mother I would be concerned he said 'what will you do with your daughter?'. Surely she would come with you. He has to see you as a unit otherwise it will never work.

Good luck though!

To be fair, his exact words were: "If you come with me, then your daughter will have to come as well or are you going to leave her with your parents?" He's just so stiff that it's very hard to talk to him about anything other than politics or work. However, I fully intend to get drunk (I'm an absolute lightweight when it comes to alcohol) and make a complete fool of myself at our next meeting. :o:D
  • lemonbunlemonbun Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    To be fair, his exact words were: "If you come with me, then your daughter will have to come as well or are you going to leave her with your parents?" He's just so stiff that it's very hard to talk to him about anything other than politics or work. However, I fully intend to get drunk (I'm an absolute lightweight when it comes to alcohol) and make a complete fool of myself at our next meeting. :o:D

This is just a fantasy. When you see him pissed, he will either **** you once or politely turn you down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Good luck! Really hope it works out.