The 500 "British" Isis Fighters

Comments

• MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mint wrote: »
    Religious people are not fully educated. To complete their education they need to read Richard Dawkins.

:D:D:D
  • MintMint Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    Didn't realise the Israeli Army were going round beheading people for not being Jewish

They are indeed. But it's not widely reported.
  • adopteradopter Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ACU wrote: »
    Funny how no one mentions the UK citizens that go and fight in the Israeli Army, and have been doing for years. The Israelis have committed far worse atrocities than ISIS, but that doesnt seem to matter.

As usual double standards.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/10998498/Richard-Dawkins-in-storm-over-mild-date-rape-tweets.html
  • adopteradopter Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Under Soul wrote: »
    It can be like the Nuremburg Trials all over again!

Ha ha.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skyclaw726 wrote: »
    I find the people saying "f*ck their human rights" quite ridiculous. No matter how evil someone is, no matter the crime they still get basic rights.

Well pardon me for caring more about all those men women and children who have been slowly beheaded, crucified or buried alive.

Not to mention the devastating consequences of these savages returning to our shores.

But as long as their poor ickle human rights are observed that's alright then.

Perhaps a lovely big cuddle would make them decide change their ways once they get back.

Or perhaps not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with locking these people up is with the soft approach to law and order in this country, they'll be out in a couple of years and committing terrorist acts on our streets.

The idiots bleating on about their human rights make me feel sick to be honest. I also wonder how many British Muslims secretly applaud IS's actions.
  • ian_charlesian_charles Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also wonder how many British Muslims secretly applaud IS's actions.

I wouldn't expect to see a march of thousands of muslims on the streets of Luton, showing their disgust at what is happening in the name of their religion.
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,546
    Forum Member
    Well pardon me for caring more about all those men women and children who have been slowly beheaded, crucified or buried alive.

Not to mention the devastating consequences of these savages returning to our shores.

But as long as their poor ickle human rights are observed that's alright then.

Perhaps a lovely big cuddle would make them decide change their ways once they get back.

Now you're just being silly. Observing basic human rights does not mean that they can escape from being properly punished for their crimes. Nor does it mean that we don't care about their victims. What it does mean is that we maintain a basic level of decency in our justice system, whether or not we feel the people going through that system actually deserve it.
    Forum Member
    The problem with locking these people up is with the soft approach to law and order in this country, they'll be out in a couple of years and committing terrorist acts on our streets.

The idiots bleating on about their human rights make me feel sick to be honest.

There is no need for you to feel sick. Insisting on basic human rights does not mean feeling any sympathy for terrorists. It does mean that we don't descend to their level. More in my post #110.
    I also wonder how many British Muslims secretly applaud IS's actions.
    Very few, I should imagine.
  • HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »

What do you base that on ? .
    Print a cartoon of the Prophet Mohamed and millions of Muslim s across europe are on the streets protesting ,fighting , demanding a war .
    When their " brothers " are beheading , raping , killing innocent people .........silence .
    Forum Member
    jra wrote: »
    If it were down to me, I wouldn't let them come back 'home'.

But, we'll have to let them back in, as they supposedly live here as UK citizens and they'll only play the racist card if we don't and say it's an infringement of their human rights.

We'll have to let them in because of international law, not because of anything they might say.
  • davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    There is no need for you to feel sick. Insisting on basic human rights does not mean feeling any sympathy for terrorists. It does mean that we don't descend to their level. More in my post #110.

We can't know how many because they secretly support IS. They can be your work colleagues, teachers, doctors etc. We just can't know. We only know about the people who publicly support IS on social media and elsewhere by flying their flags etc.
    Forum Member
    What do you base that on ?
    Just that there seems no reason to think otherwise.
  • HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just that there seems no reason to think otherwise.

I just gave you an example to think otherwise .
    Another example . Muslims protesting all over about Israel and Gaza .
    yazidis being slaughtered in IRaq .......... SILENCE . NO protests .
    There are many reasons to think otherwise .
  • irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe they're too busy to protest... that shit takes time,... thats why students are so good at it.
    Forum Member

That is a really major leap. Just because you don't protest against something doesn't mean that you support it. And what would be the point of protesting against IS anyway? They are not a lawful government and are beyond reason.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is a really major leap. Just because you don't protest against something doesn't mean that you support it. And what would be the point of protesting against IS anyway? They are not a lawful government and are beyond reason.

Exactly. There's only really any point in protesting against something your government or its allies are doing, because your government has to answer to the electorate. ISIS don't answer to us, so what would be the point of a protest?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People were asking elsewhere on this thread how the scum who have gone to fight abroad will be identified on their return. You would hope that they have all been reported to the police by their families. It should be a criminal offence not to alert the authorities if you have strong reason to suspect that your child has left to fight with IS. Otherwise these people's families are aiding and abetting terrorism and should also be locked up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    Exactly. There's only really any point in protesting against something your government or its allies are doing, because your government has to answer to the electorate. ISIS don't answer to us, so what would be the point of a protest?

How about a protest over the fact that these maniacs are hijacking their religion and going against the Koran in their actions?
  • Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    How about a protest over the fact that these maniacs are hijacking their religion and going against the Koran in their actions?

In the hope of achieving what exactly? Have you been publicly demonstrating your disapproval of events? If not how can we be sure that you don't secretly support IS?
  • The MartianThe Martian Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cameron warns of possible IS threat to UK
    Islamic State militants could grow strong enough to target people on the streets of Britain unless action is taken, David Cameron has warned.

The PM, writing in the Sunday Telegraph, said a "humanitarian response" to IS was not enough and a "firm security response" was needed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28823281

Our generational struggle against a poisonous ideology
    The West is embroiled in a generational struggle against a poisonous brand of Islamic extremism that will bring terror to the streets of Britain unless urgent action is taken to defeat it, David Cameron warns today.

Writing in The Sunday Telegraph, the Prime Minister says the world cannot turn a blind eye to the creation of an extremist caliphate in the heart of Iraq.

Warning that Islamic State fighters already control thousands of square miles of territory, Mr Cameron says that if these “warped and barbaric” extremists are not dealt with now, they will create a “terrorist state” on the shores of the Mediterranean.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iraq/11039214/PM-Our-generational-struggle-against-a-poisonous-ideology.html

I agree that it's time to get tough on these brainwashed barbarian scum both here and abroad.
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jefferson wrote: »
    Just discussed on the Left-wing Ch4 News.

Is the world that black and white to you?

As for Cameron's latest mutterings, I'm for reasonable, short-term intervention but I hope we'd all be wary of anything that instigates yet another full blown war. After the WMD bulls**t, going into Iraq for 'humanitarian' purposes didn't help much either.
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    If you do not have Israeli citizenship you cant fight, you can only assist with things like moving food rations, medical supplies, vehicle repairs as far as I'm aware.

Then even easier to cancel their British citizenship as they wouldn't be stateless but be citizens if the state whose military they decided to join. They would have clearly shown where their loyalty lies by that choice.

But we can't cancel their citizenship for that. However they should be prosecuted if they take part in war crimes and watched because of their dubious loyalty to this state.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now you're just being silly. Observing basic human rights does not mean that they can escape from being properly punished for their crimes. Nor does it mean that we don't care about their victims. What it does mean is that we maintain a basic level of decency in our justice system, whether or not we feel the people going through that system actually deserve it.

To have human rights you have to be human first.

Where are all the mass protests about ISIS in this country?

But of course there would be riots and widespread violence here if a couple of harmless cartoons were published in the UK. ;-)

This should all have been nipped in the bud decades ago when the Rushdie protests started - if people choose to live here they should live by our secular democratic values - if they do not like them they should go live in a country that matches their primitive medieval mindset.

None of them should ever set foot in this country again. >:(
    Forum Member
    To have human rights you have to be human first.
    Everyone has human rights, whether you regard them as human or not.
    Where are all the mass protests about ISIS in this country?
    I'm sure that's already been answered in this thread.
    But of course there would be riots and widespread violence here if a couple of cartoons were published in the UK. :confused:

This should all have been nipped in the bud decades ago when the Rushdie protests started - if people choose to live here they should live by our secular democratic values - if they do not like them they should go live in a country that matches their primitive medieval mindset.
    Ideally they should. But if they're British citizens we can't force them to.
    None of them should ever set foot in this country again. >:(
    I'd be happy if the ISIS fighters didn't. But as I'm sure you know, we can't stop them if they are UK citizens.