Options

Problem display on laptop

trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
Forum Member
✭✭
Hey!

So, I'm using an Advent laptop with Windows 7. After about a year of use, a line appeared vertically down the screen - with some light waggling, I could get the line to disappear. The line has now become a vertical block of lines which is covering half of the display. Apologies if there are typos in this post, I can only see half of the screen! :D

I've been able to get rid of it before my lightly waggling the screen back and forth.. But this no longer works. There are no obvious reasons for this, and when I hook up the laptop to a different monitor there is no problem. :confused:

I've used this model in the past and a similar problem with the backlight developed over time. The problem is, I've bought this off a friend and have no proof of purchase etc. Any help much appreciated. :)

ETA: Just waggled for a little longer and the display is back... But still..

Comments

• Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah I've got this on mine. something loose between the display and the rest of the unit I think. Not sure much can be done cost-efficiently.
  • Options
    jay seanjay sean Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    I had a problem on my emachines netbook which was similar, 1/3 of the screen was missing, when connected to a external display was ok - The inverter cable was loose- I sent it back they fixed it- try a small pc repair shop??
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for replies - I'll probably take it into a repair place in the new year. It's a right pain!