Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,395
Administrator
wildhollie wrote: »
The Warrior (Tom Hardy, Nick Nolte) - watched this last night, very good film.... 9/10
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1628526

Comments

• DandemDandem Posts: 13,247
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Up In The Air - 8/10

This was actually thoroughly enjoyable. Clooney was brilliant.
    • PES 2009PES 2009 Posts: 1,146
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Kingdom of Heaven - 7/10
    • bordersboybordersboy Posts: 518
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      How To Train Your Dragon

Watched it with my nephew yesterday and was enjoyed by both of us. Solid 7/10 from me.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
      Forum Member
      The Mechanic -Jason Statham

6/10
    • pjayem1964pjayem1964 Posts: 279
      Forum Member
      Gambit 7/10
      The Master 8.5/10
      Silver Linings Playbook 9/10 (for free using Odeon points)
      All at the pictures

Ted (Legal download) 8/10
    • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Rise of the Guardians - 9/10
      I absolutely loved it! I found it to be very funny and the diegesis was well constructed.

Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 2 - 4/10
      I'm being so generous. I'm not a Twilight fan, but I tried to be objective. Complete bunkum.
    • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,912
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      The Big Picture - 6.5/10
    • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,488
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭✭
      Elizabeth [1998]. Director: Shekhar Kapur

6/10

I found this a bit of mess. Fussy direction full of daft camera angles, comic casting (Kathy Burke as Queen Mary, Angus Deayton as some court official, Eric Cantona as the French ambassador, Wayne Sleep as - what else - a dance tutor), a fanciful screenplay and Elgar's Nimrod bizarrely blaring out over the climax. The Aussies (Blanchett and Rush) won the Baftas but Christopher Eccleston stood out for me as the main baddie. He's briefly re-united with his Our Friends from the North co-star Daniel Craig who plays an emissary from the Pope with a licence to kill.
    • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
      Forum Member
      Dead Season 7/10

Better than i was expecting, rather like 'Walking Dead The Movie'.
    • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Glove

It's a South Korean film about a disgraced major league baseball player who is forced to coach a group of hearing-impaired kids at a school for the deaf. Nice film but a little long (it's over 2 hours). And some things in the plot are left unresolved.
    • KathyFan12KathyFan12 Posts: 421
      Forum Member
      A Christmas Carol (2009)

10/10
    • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,469
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      The World Is Not Enough actually I would say its the worst bond so far and was a bit boring best thing being the cast.
      I give it 5 out of 10.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
      Forum Member
      Gambit 7/10
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Clockwork Orange - 7/10 It's interesting but a a bit disturbing in places. I wouldn't want to watch it again.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
      Forum Member
      Snow White and the Huntsman 5/10
    • bingbongbingbong Posts: 2,439
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Looper - After seeing some positive reviews of this i ignored my instincts and gave it a go. I cant actually mark it out of 10 as it had no entertainment value at all for me, full of meaningfull pauses in dialogue attempting to convey "intelligence" - is it a fanboy homage to Inception ???
      Give it a miss and rewatch Inception instead.
    • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,139
      Forum Member
      How The Grinch Stole Christmas (2000) - 7/10
    • chimpsy23chimpsy23 Posts: 196
      Forum Member
      2012(2009) 7/10
      Day of the dead(1985) 8/10
      King of new York(1990) 9/10
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
      Forum Member
      chimpsy23 wrote: »
      2012(2009) 7/10
      Day of the dead(1985) 8/10
      King of new York(1990) 9/10

King of New York is a good one. Great Christopher Walken film.
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
      Forum Member
      Rocketship XM (1950) 7/10 or XM* the * is explained on the poster for the movie as standing for eXpedition Moon. They never actually get to the moon and are diverted to Mars where after traipsing across the Martian landscape, (cleverly tinted red in this B&W movie), wearing oxygen masks which make then look like they were auditioning for the part of Bane 63 years too early! They soon discover the ruined remenants of a Martian civilization and realise that that old chestnut so unfairly blamed for every mutant insect, awakened dinosaur and natural disaster of 1950's Hollywood, atomic bombs, is to blame! Not a bad movie apart from the clever use of tinting really a product of its sci-fi cold war age.
    • GilashGilash Posts: 7,137
      Forum Member
      She's The Man - 9/10
    • KathyFan12KathyFan12 Posts: 421
      Forum Member
      Holiday Inn (1942)

10/10
    • dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      The Intouchables 9/10 Excellent performances from the leads, Francois Cluzet and Omar Sy. Based on a true story. Not enough Audrey Fleurot though :)
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
      Forum Member
      The Day the Earth Caught Fire (1961) 7/10 The end of the world is nigh! You'll recognise some of the extreme weather patterns in this movie to those of today! Rain, fog, drought and so on. In this movie they are less natural events and more man made. A number of simultaneous atomic, (again!), explosions knock the Earth off its axis and sends it spiralling towards the sun. A jaded journalist uncovers the story with the aid of a Met office secretary as the authourities begin to ration the water and the worlds governments come up with a plan to save us all. Like Rocketship XM eleven years earlier, the clever use of a red tint is used in an otherwise B&W movie but this time to give the impression of extreme heat. An intelligent sci-fi movie which does not rely on special effects but rather on characterization and some great dialogue scenes.
    • InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
      Forum Member
      Alien
      9/10
    This discussion has been closed.