Options

Fantastic UK - NOT!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Mr. CoolMr. Cool Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My main gripe with this country is cutbacks and immigration. People loose their homes all over the world every minute, not just in this one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    I didn't say there was anything wrong with them.

they;re a nightmare. I never manage to get the giant USA type car close enough to the cash point and end up having to get out to do it anyway, then try to drive off and nearly hit the stupid pillars that they place in front of me when I'm not looking :D

drive through off licences though, they're something I like (Australia, not US AFIAK)
  • Options
    epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    I didn't say there was anything wrong with them.

Ah, I think I get you now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bazaar1 wrote: »
    they;re a nightmare. I never manage to get the giant USA type car close enough to the cash point and end up having to get out to do it anyway, then try to drive off and nearly hit the stupid pillars that they place in front of me when I'm not looking :D

drive through off licences though, they're something I like (Australia, not US AFIAK)

I've seen them in Texas.
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    TVGirl319 wrote: »
    To all people on here who love this country so much, can you please explain this for me???:D:D

http://england.shelter.org.uk/news/april_2013/8_million_people_one_paycheque_away_from_losing_their_home

This is happening worldwide! What is your explanation for that?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    epicurian wrote: »
    I've seen them in Texas.

ah there you go then. bloody good idea. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bazaar1 wrote: »
    ah there you go then. bloody good idea. :D

They used to allow open containers in cars too. :D
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    Yes.

Shit happens.

Next!

Seconded, as long as my family is ok and the moggy has everything she needs then I find it hard to care because life is a struggle for most working adults as it is.
  • Options
    manickangaroomanickangaroo Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh come on this country's not bad at all. Even those who don't work get SOME money and most have a roof over their heads. Try living in North Korea or a poor African country with little clean water if you think it's bad here.
  • Options
    JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    Having viewed the list of the OP's other threads I am rather concerned that she will use all the exclamation marks up and leave none for the rest of us¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
    See¡¡¡ All the right way up ones have gone¡¡¡¡ OMG¡
    ............:D
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh come on this country's not bad at all. Even those who don't work get SOME money and most have a roof over their heads. Try living in North Korea or a poor African country with little clean water if you think it's bad here.

But it's not AMERICA!!!!!!! :eek:

Therefore, it sucks.

PS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
  • Options
    Madonna38Madonna38 Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody Britain is shit, or teeth are shit, life is shit (but only in Britain the rest of the world is really nice and everyone has flowers and lots of money and clean streets and no suffering happens anywhere else about from Britain)

At least we can "gloat" about Thatcher dying though ay? Britain loves having the attention of the world. We should never put on really great and successful events like the Olympics either because THAT'S SHOWING OFF!!!!! We should all just sit and be embarrassed at how shit our country is.

I'm kidding of course. Is Britain perfect? NO. But no one is making you stay here you know. Go and find a country that you love and live there. :)

(angry exclamation points)
  • Options
    bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To all people on here who love this country so much, can you please explain this for me???:D:D

http://england.shelter.org.uk/news/april_2013/8_million_people_one_paycheque_away_from_losing_their_home

That headline is misleading, suggesting that you lose your home as soon as you miss one payment. It doesn't happen like that. There are also many avenues to be explored before it happens (claiming HB for example).

It fact it sounds more like fund-raising propaganda for the charity, and invites you to make a donation towards the end of the article. (Which, then pays someone's mortgage while they're unemployed? I don't think so.)

Living pretty much to the limit of your income (by either being too poor, or spending too much) is not unique to the UK either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member

Which country do you actually like?.

Where would you prefer to live, given you hate the UK so much?.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Leave.
  • Options
    TVGirl319TVGirl319 Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is, its extremely hard to "save for a rainy day" here in this country!! The crippling taxes of which we are being duped here into paying DOUBLE !! The Community Charge alone cripples a lot of families(Thanks Maggie for leaving us this Godawful legacy!!), the extortionate utility bills we have to pay, the ever-rising fuel costs and petrol prices!! Even if I had a full time job I still wouldnt be able to afford to buy and run a car what with the high insurance premiums, high car tax, MOT and servicing, not to mention repairs!! Then theres ever-rising food costs!!

Then what do you do, when you are constantly being laid off from work and you end up living off of any savings that you do accrue??? Basically, in this country, theres no such thing as starting a job and staying in it until retirement any longer!! Here, its a very unstable job market, so employers now hire and fire at will more than they ever did years ago!! Its even more hard now in this economic climate!! In fact, I reckon that adults now spend more time on JSA than they do in work and thats no fault of their own!!
  • Options
    agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    The thing is, its extremely hard to "save for a rainy day" here in this country!! The crippling taxes of which we are being duped here into paying DOUBLE !! The Community Charge alone cripples a lot of families(Thanks Maggie for leaving us this Godawful legacy!!), the extortionate utility bills we have to pay, the ever-rising fuel costs and petrol prices!! Even if I had a full time job I still wouldnt be able to afford to buy and run a car what with the high insurance premiums, high car tax, MOT and servicing, not to mention repairs!! Then theres ever-rising food costs!!

Then what do you do, when you are constantly being laid off from work and you end up living off of any savings that you do accrue??? Basically, in this country, theres no such thing as starting a job and staying in it until retirement any longer!! Here, its a very unstable job market, so employers now hire and fire at will more than they ever did years ago!! Its even more hard now in this economic climate!! In fact, I reckon that adults now spend more time on JSA than they do in work and thats no fault of their own!!

Big fan of the double exclamation mark I see.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God Bless America and their fiscal policies which have entirely eradicated poverty.

Let's all move to LA.

That's the way to do it.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    Big fan of the double exclamation mark I see.

it`s all just so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Community Charge? Sounds a bit like something from Monopoly :p
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God Bless America and their fiscal policies which have entirely eradicated poverty.

Let's all move to LA.

That's the way to do it.
    God no. One of the worst places I've ever been to. Filthy, sleazy, tacky, dangerous. It's a horrible place. I'd take anywhere in the UK over that shit-heap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    God no. One of the worst places I've ever been to. Filthy, sleazy, tacky, dangerous. It's a horrible place. I'd take anywhere in the UK over that shit-heap.

:eek: I hope OP doesn't hear you say that :p
  • Options
    agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    it`s all just so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: !!!!!!!!!!!!

Like, totally.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »

:mad: Cloth yourself in stars and stripes and whip yourself 100 times. Immediately! :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!