Most Haunted The Next generation.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    latest news from Karl tonight is that they have been doing location reccies and should be filming new episodes as soon as next week.

Why? Its had its day!
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was invited to the new face book page

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MHFans2011/?hc_location=stream

And lots of people are glad its coming back.
    And Halloween not been the same with out it to.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And lots of people are glad its coming back.

But where? I really doubt Sky Living are interested, it doesn’t really fit in with their current image now that Sky own the channel.
    It seems weird they are talking about filming as early as next week but won’t saw what channel they’ve done a deal with.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    But where? I really doubt Sky Living are interested, it doesn’t really fit in with their current image now that Sky own the channel.
    It seems weird they are talking about filming as early as next week but won’t saw what channel they’ve done a deal with.

I have a feeling it will be on something like Pick TV, or Really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    I have a feeling it will be on something like Pick TV, or Really.

If Sky don’t want it for Sky Living (and I suspect they don’t) then they won’t want it for Pick TV. Pick TV is just a channel they fill with programmes they already have the rights to in all honestly, they won’t commit to any original programming.
    You might be right about UKTV though, either on Really or Watch. Although I’ve got my suspicions it’ll be a much lower budget channel…
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it shows up on a Freeview channel then I might actually watch it. Can't be bothered chasing it across the cable platform.
  • Nollaig79Nollaig79 Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new series is actually going to be streamed on the Internet rather than on any of the TV channels apparently.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    BigBmad wrote: »
    Could be a good show but if they just use a similar format to last time, no.

They need to follow a similar track to the American show Ghost Hunters for me. Helping people who think there is something going on in their building and then presenting the evidence at the end. Whether the stuff is believeable or not its much more exciting then what you normal get on MH, which was any old pub in the South being proclaimed haunted
    It's not a patch on Ghost Hunters TAPS. Most Haunted was fun to watch at the beginning but it lost it's way.
    It never showed evidence at all, just close-ups of Yvettes' night camera eyeballs and her "what was that!" screams.
    Even when more superior equipment was available Most Haunted rejected using it, that an David Accora's exposure was the end for me.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    The thing that annoyed me most was whenever there was 'something' caught on a locked off camera with no one around they would say "Unfortunately the camera was positioned in a way we couldn't see all of the object that moved"....Why not?. Surely they are not so incompetent that they set up the camera wrong?

If you could be the first people to actually prove ghosts then surely getting a camera set up right is the basic thing to do.

Also, Whenever there was a 'really haunted room' they left the place and said no more about it...WHAT? Go back if it is obviously so haunted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nollaig79 wrote: »
    The new series is actually going to be streamed on the Internet rather than on any of the TV channels apparently.

Haha, i knew it!:D
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nollaig79 wrote: »

*stifles a burst of laughter*

Ahem.

They'll probably make it pay per view:o:D
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Not wanting to be cruel (bah, go for it), but she made me feel like I was going to throw up. She was the makeup woman, so why did we have to see her and hear her? Grr.

That was Kathy...she was hilarious
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just got bored of seeing Yvette's big watery eyes staring into the camera while she shrieked at all the noises going on that 1) were behind the camera and 2) not picked up by the microphone or 3) clearly from Karl and/or Stuart.

I'd love to do a show with the sceptic parapsychologist who would always look to find logic reasons before ruling it as paranormal and the original paranormal expert. Kieran did expose Derek though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rumtruffle wrote: »

I'd love to do a show with the sceptic parapsychologist who would always look to find logic reasons before ruling it as paranormal and the original paranormal expert. Kieran did expose Derek though.

If you’ve never seen it, I think you’d like ‘Derren Brown Investigates... The Man Who Contacts The Dead’
    It’s on YouTube here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhYSI5sWi8s&has_verified=1

Basically its Derren Brown confronting Liverpool medium Joe Power, who later attempted legal action against Brown. It’s a brilliant documentary from what I remember.
    In one of Derren Brown’s books he also wrote about a chance meeting with Derek Acorah in a hotel lobby which was quite funny.

Although in this tread I doubt there are many Derren Brown fans as he openly dismisses the sort of thing Most Haunted entirely revolved around.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant they just let the series die and be a thing of the past.

It was overrun in its day. Went on for too long and there are other shows that do the same thing.
  • jw2011jw2011 Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pick have already said they won't be making new episodes and Sky Living axed it in 2010 with an 18 month window to bring it back which they didn't.

Mark my words, it'll be short episodes for youtube if anything. No broadcaster will go near them.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,576
    Forum Member
    'Karl Beattie
    Well tomorrow we start shooting a new Most Haunted! Just doing all the last minute checks,to be honest I am a bit scared...but can't wait.xxx'

No mention of whether this will be on a tv channel though.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    'Karl Beattie
    Well tomorrow we start shooting a new Most Haunted! Just doing all the last minute checks,to be honest I am a bit scared...but can't wait.xxx'

No mention of whether this will be on a tv channel though.

I am sure it was said it was being streamed on the internet, TV companies know most haunted is a damaged brand these days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    I am sure it was said it was being streamed on the internet, TV companies know most haunted is a damaged brand these days.

Streamed where?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    I genuinely loved this when it first started. Brings back good memories of when I was about 12 watching it weekly with my mum.

Loved the Live Shows, Pendle Hill was amazing. I do believe a lot of unexplainable things happened in the first couple of years but then they began to sensationalise everything more and more until it became totally unbelievable.

I used to love the Halloween Specials but it did make me laugh when people would text in saying they were having MH Parties haha.

I think they should bring something similar back but a new cast.

Have a different Medium everytime but also have a Historian ready to confirm or debunk them.

On live shows have a live HD camera feed online where people can tweet in what they see along with an internal team looking for whats going on.

The cameras for the actual show should be set cameras but also include handycams in case the regular cams don't catch something and visa versa.

At the end there should be a summary debunking as much as possible and concluding that anything that can't be debunked may be paranormal, you decide.

Not overgone on the idea of Carls web series but we'll see.
  • Red WimpRed Wimp Posts: 4,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats sounds a reasonable idea to me danom8 but can't see it happening.
    When you compare early live shows with Matthew Smith offering up alternative theories to what we might have seen as opposed to the mass hysteria of the later shows then you realise how bad things got
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone please explain the ludicrous need to bleep out the word "god" on the MH repeats on Sky Living?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    I too loved this when it first started but at the beginning there was not so much time spent with night vision accompanied by a great deal of stupid screaming when a car backfired a mile away. I thought Derek was great because it's the ghost stories I enjoy not the stupid, "did you hear that... " nonsense. I knew the writing was on the wall the first time I watched one of the live episodes only to hear, "and now let's meet the stars of the show" eh what??? The crew are not stars. I don't watch it for them. I watch it for the stories hence the ghosts are the "stars" of the show! They just got more and more stupid till it was painful to watch. My favourite bit was when Stuart fell into the grave. I'd love another version of Most Haunted just with new people and a better concept.
  • Claire_albaClaire_alba Posts: 769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im another one who enjoyed the early episodes but I always viewed it merely as 'entertainment' rather than anything else. And it occasionally made me look into interesting stories they raised from history for proper facts on things elsewhere so perhaps increased my knowledge a bit. It quickly became a flawed over dramatic joke though. Best left consigned to the past imo
  • anotherlongersanotherlongers Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    December wrote: »
    "and now let's meet the stars of the show" eh what??? .

My thoughts exactly. Yvette and Carl and that annoying joke of a hairdresser thought they were the 'stars' when in reality it was the unfolding story that was the star. The show died from then on.