Most Haunted The Next generation.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    If you’ve never seen it, I think you’d like ‘Derren Brown Investigates... The Man Who Contacts The Dead’
    It’s on YouTube here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhYSI5sWi8s&has_verified=1

Basically its Derren Brown confronting Liverpool medium Joe Power, who later attempted legal action against Brown. It’s a brilliant documentary from what I remember.
    In one of Derren Brown’s books he also wrote about a chance meeting with Derek Acorah in a hotel lobby which was quite funny.

Although in this tread I doubt there are many Derren Brown fans as he openly dismisses the sort of thing Most Haunted entirely revolved around.

thanks! I'll take a look :)
  • toribaynestoribaynes Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mary loves dick
  • tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most Haunted(Entertainment)
    Monday, October 28th, 2013 on
    Pick TV from 10:00pm to 11:00pm
    Midsummer Murders. Episode 1

Yvette Fielding and the Most Haunted team investigate mysterious murders and supernatural sightings in English villages, with the help of historian Leslie Smith and psychic David Wells. The team visits Pluckley, the setting for The Darling Buds of May and also the most haunted village in England, to find out about the murder of a highwayman.
    (Stereo, New Series, Widescreen, Part 1)

Its on PickTV.
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most Haunted's Midsummer Murders mentioned above ^ is an old series which was originally shown on Living TV last year. Pick are just showing repeats.

The new episodes of Most Haunted that are currently being filmed will be streamed on the internet when completed, according to the Most Haunted The Next Generation Facebook page.
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The team are indeed filming new investigations. 2nd new location tonight. From the information available it sounds like they might just be launching the new website for Halloween which should please a few ppl
  • HeartacheHeartache Posts: 4,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can only hope that they have polished up their act, no screaming, swearing and endless "did you hear that"...er no because you were babbling on.:rolleyes:
  • LillithLillith Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd quite forgotten about Most Haunted.

Karl and Stuart up to no good

Kath yelling the place down

That weird woman Lesley

Yvette's fetching collection of boots and long black coats

Kreed Kafer

Happy Days!
  • Dicey RileyDicey Riley Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    I would love them to do the live specials again - (thinking of the time the phone rang and Carl dropped the C... word live)
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did they ever find out whether or not Mary actually loved Dick?
  • GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it doesn't return.
    The show is just a big con.

I have a motorised satellite system and was watching one of their live feeds during one of their live events.
    I caught them standing outside a room discussing what they were going to see, feel, and hear before going in and starting the transmission.

Up until that moment I always gave them the benefit of the doubt, but couldn't watch anymore after seeing proof it was all faked.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it doesn't return.
    The show is just a big con.

I have a motorised satellite system and was watching one of their live feeds during one of their live events.
    I caught them standing outside a room discussing what they were going to see, feel, and hear before going in and starting the transmission.

Up until that moment I always gave them the benefit of the doubt, but couldn't watch anymore after seeing proof it was all faked.

If you actually had proof that would be good, until then i suppose it's your word against theirs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did record it!

Strangely, very soon after a discussion took place online about my discovery, they began to encrypt their live feeds!

I wonder why?
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did record it!

Strangely, very soon after a discussion took place online about my discovery, they began to encrypt their live feeds!

I wonder why?

LMAO!! Nice one granny :)

I used to watch it, I actually stopped when they got rid of Richard Felix and replaced him with that annoying Lesley woman who bought no input into the show and they just relied on table tipping (with no camera's covering all angles on the floors.. tut tut) and "IT'S AN ORB!!" Also the only decent medium they had was David Wells.

It was the same every week. The women screaming and turning the camera on themselves instead of where they were meant to be filming, the 2 blokes doing their own thing, crappy mediums and Lesley leading the witnesses with her "historic data"... meh. Was like watching Scooby doo but without the humour.

Unless they plan to change their formula people will not watch it. They should take some pointers from Ghost Adventures on how to try and capture evidence and not make it an annoying screamfest.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did record it!

I wonder why?

You should upload it somewhere, that would be worth seeing :p
  • jw2011jw2011 Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The "Midsummer Murders" series was actually from 2007, not 2012 as someone said earlier. Most Haunted and the entire Most Haunted franchise ended in 2010.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still have it somewhere but it would take some time to find as I have shelves full of hard drives.

I don't recall which special it was but they were in a very large mansion type of building and were all standing on a small landing outside a door leading into a large toilet area. that was the area they were going to film in for the next segment and were discussing what they would see, hear and feel before going in.

Changing tack slightly, does anyone remember the live celebrity ghost hunt several years ago? I can't recall what it was called.
    It was hosted by Richard Bacon and the main psychic was Ian ladyman (if memory serves me right).
    The camera went on whilst Ian ladyman was telling Keith Chegwin what he wanted him to hear and feel before Keith went into a dungeon to be locked in alone for a while.
    Richard bacon obviously realised that this discussion was going out live so very quickly started commentating about something to draw the camera back to him.

Sadly, for them, I also have a recording of this somewhere gathering dust! :D
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,363
    Forum Member
    Lillith wrote: »
    I'd quite forgotten about Most Haunted.

Karl and Stuart up to no good

Kath yelling the place down

That weird woman Lesley

Yvette's fetching collection of boots and long black coats

Kreed Kafer

Happy Days!

Don't forget that Batt bloke who always turned up in the studio with his laptop and Leslie's ever more low cut dresses, leather outfits and outlandish make up :D

it was always good for a laugh, me and hubby used to get drunk before the Halloween specials and take the Mickey cos you always knew what they would say, what would happen, what the next "scare" would be, we used to shout it with them.
    It was like the Rocky Horror Show without the songs.
  • emailsemails Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i am looking forward to seeing the new online series this year,but failed to find in shops today the new most haunted magazine is it in shops yet?
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,576
    Forum Member
    I still have it somewhere but it would take some time to find as I have shelves full of hard drives.

I don't recall which special it was but they were in a very large mansion type of building and were all standing on a small landing outside a door leading into a large toilet area. that was the area they were going to film in for the next segment and were discussing what they would see, hear and feel before going in.

Changing tack slightly, does anyone remember the live celebrity ghost hunt several years ago? I can't recall what it was called.
    It was hosted by Richard Bacon and the main psychic was Ian ladyman (if memory serves me right).
    The camera went on whilst Ian ladyman was telling Keith Chegwin what he wanted him to hear and feel before Keith went into a dungeon to be locked in alone for a while.
    Richard bacon obviously realised that this discussion was going out live so very quickly started commentating about something to draw the camera back to him.

Sadly, for them, I also have a recording of this somewhere gathering dust! :D

Famous and frightened? think Tony Stockwell was on it .
  • LauraLSLauraLS Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had to laugh at some of the texts that were sent in during the Live shows. "I was looking at your basement webcam when my dog went mental and pood on the carpet and now my vibrator won't work" etc

My favourite was when someone said they'd seen an elephant on one of the webcams and they actually read it out. :D Seriously the amount of activity supposedly on those webcams was ridiculous, one room could contain a monk, crying woman, dog, monkey, random pacing man, playing children etc

I have mixed feelings about the programme, it is a good laugh but I think some of the things they did was stupid. It started to turn away from ghosts to looking for evil things. They actually made poor David Wells (who was the one medium I believed) cry in one episode because they were doing something completely irresponsible.

Most of the stuff they do is fake of course, but one thing creeped me out because they were getting the name of someone and "Jed" popped into my head then (Derek- who is a big fake) said "Geoffrey, but everyone called him Jed). :eek: So where did that come from?
  • couchpotato2011couchpotato2011 Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My fave moment from MH lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUvKFWl6nKE

"I'll scuttle yer legs." :eek:
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had to laugh at some of the texts that were sent in during the Live shows. "I was looking at your basement webcam when my dog went mental and pood on the carpet and now my vibrator won't work" etc

The best one was when someone messaged in and said they would be taking their plasma TV on their roof to watch the show, and the weather at the time was absolutely p'ing down and there was a severe gale blowing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow27 wrote: »
    We used to love it when it first started then we saw Derek live and realise how hopeless it was. I cannot believe it's still going - the Live one were hilarious, the people sending in their drawings and telling them they saw stuff moving on the webcams when the crew couldn't get close to a vodka bottle nevermind a ghostly spirit.

The rolling comments at the bottom of the screen were a crease up though!

"THE LIGHTBULB IN MY BED SIDE LAMP HAS JUST BLOWN -Helen from Leeds "
  • HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 11,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to enjoy the show, I knew they where mostly, how to say, well making it up or at least ramping events but it was fun .... only on one ocasion did they cross that boundry that mediums do when they mess with the emotions of the living and that was Karl and his side kick in America.

But after I taught myself to do the banging noise on the floor like they where always saying was contact from the dead in the last series (just whack down your big toe in a oversiced shoe with a leather soul, it cant be seen but makes a loud whack) it got boring.

The live shows used to be ok, there was the chance they might luck in on an actual ghost but then they got annoying as the camera was always on Yvettes face so we rarely got to see the room so no chance of seeing anything but her face.

In short its had its day, they should start a new show about crossing muddy harbour paths and getting your wellies stuck in mud, that was hilarious.
  • emailsemails Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whats the latest on the new show ,when does it start airing online?