Options

The Cafe(Series 2)

tsotso Posts: 25,860
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Back on Sky 1 Wednesday 9pm..

Just seen the 1st episode on demand...If you thought the first series was unfunny then this has surpassed it IMO:p

Comments

• Options
    dsimillerdsimiller Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll see it laters then.
  • Options
    PeculiarcandlePeculiarcandle Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    Advert just on says its available On Demand....bit I can't find it:confused::mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jeez, did no one else watch then?.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how the hell did this get a second season, absolute rubbish
  • Options
    clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    only on for 30 mins, had a 5 min break in the middle and went off 5 mins early, 20 min program, hardly laughed at all! but still its not that bad!
  • Options
    davidjohndavidjohn Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Well I think it's a good show nice to have something different on .
    Better than soaps and big brother anytime
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very flat. I couldn't understand what the living statue guy was saying most of the time and it would have been nice if he'd actually had a stab at being any good.:eek: It didn't do Weston-super-Mare any favours either. I know it was probably filmed out of season but they could have tarted up those large expanses of concrete.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    clarky323 wrote: »
    only on for 30 mins, had a 5 min break in the middle and went off 5 mins early, 20 min program, hardly laughed at all! but still its not that bad!

23 minute programme including credits - seems the norm for anything Sky produces...Trollied/Spy etc..
  • Options
    clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    23 minute programme including credits - seems the norm for anything Sky produces...Trollied/Spy etc..

I don't watch any other sky1 shows (not the 30 mins ones anyway), seems pretty silly though, only on for 23 mins, surely a 'sitcom' should last at least 30 mins. 23 mins clearly wasn't enough to fit everything in.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Norm for UK commercial TV. Coronation St last night 7.31pm to 7.58pm with a 3m50s internal break.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can't see another series for this, it's so subdued and understated it's positively coma inducing!
  • Options
    Molly HuntMolly Hunt Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With Robert Glenister, Marcia Warren and David Troughton in it I was hoping for a bit of classy comedy this series ... but no. Subdued is a very polite word for it!
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    I am shocked this show got a second series. I looked forward to the first because i liked people involved. Then after episode 1 i assumed it would improve....It didn't :/
  • Options
    fuzzybintfuzzybint Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to disagree. I find the whole thing charming, funny and light-hearted. It's so nice to have a program that breaks with tradition and actually makes you smile sweetly. In amongst all the 'help me i'm dying', 'help me i'm obese', 'rare illnesses in graphic detail right here', 'sharks do the funniest things', it's a breath of sweet fresh air for me. More please.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    I think the biggest clue is the advert that plays for this on sky tv. It is described as a comedy or funny. Usually they would show a joke to grab viewers attention....With this all you get is 'alright' and no jokes or funny moments.
  • Options
    lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's such a gentle comedy it's teetering on he brink of limp.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    fuzzybint wrote: »
    I have to disagree. I find the whole thing charming, funny and light-hearted. It's so nice to have a program that breaks with tradition and actually makes you smile sweetly. In amongst all the 'help me i'm dying', 'help me i'm obese', 'rare illnesses in graphic detail right here', 'sharks do the funniest things', it's a breath of sweet fresh air for me. More please.

Quirky. :D You forgot to mention quirky.

I find I'm genuinely starting to *not* like the mum, tho'. :o And I'm also no sure how I feel about that ring, anymore. It made me happy at the start of the 2nd series, and I thought that'd be so fine... but by now, while I appreciate it made an accidental "in" for the new fella in town--and I do wanna see that go well--as for the original intent of the ring... that seems to be going south in the worst possible way.

Can the mum be redeemed? I feel so sorry for her daughter, :( having to deal with such a mum; I don't remember feeling such animosity in the 1st series towards *anyone*.

Love granny and her flirty bowling beau, tho'! :cool:
  • Options
    dsimillerdsimiller Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the second series is as good as the first.Perhaps its "jumped the shark" as they say.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed this week's episode; it was more like the first series, imo. Is everyone else still disenchanted? Makes me a wee bit sad if they are, b/c I do find this programme a sweet bit of fluffy, pleasant nothing.

Except I'm still at odds w/Ma Porter. Stan may very well have had the luckiest of lucky breaks.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fuzzybint wrote: »

Agree, comedy doesn't have to be full of silly one-liners. I love the gentle charm of this with real emotions that are often stated with just a look or small comment.
  • Options
    PetitshooPetitshoo Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Carol is so annoyingly unfunny.
  • Options
    lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG that episode was interminable.At least I should sleep well tonight.
  • Options
    JIMO96JIMO96 Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    lealeeds wrote: »
    OMG that episode was interminable.At least I should sleep well tonight.

Don't say "OMG" :)
  • Options
    tubzy2001tubzy2001 Posts: 1,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love The Café, episode 1 was the funniest though
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must admit, we've been watching the first series on catch-up.
    I don't dislike it, it's not hilariously funny but it has a certain charm. I do like the west country accents and bits of slang, makes a change the usual sarf London, or Manchester, Geordie and Liverpool.