Wish we could have a new IAC with all the ones voted out so far

kate03kate03 Posts: 4,036
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Leave the current celebs in to get on with it because it's just a drama show.

I would love a brand new show with all the celebs who've been voted out. Maybe then we'll get some entertainment with none of the he/she is a bully/bitching/picking on Amy.

The current IAC should be renamed to "Did they or did they not bully the beauty queen Amy?" Every celeb being interviewed on the ITV2 show is revolving around her storyline.

It's like a new TOWIE or Geordie Shore instead of IAC. So sick of how our reality shows are evolving into drama and theatrics and editing to support one or two characters.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ditto absolutely - what the H*** is going on - is it really all about Twitter, Kids and Holly Willoughby?
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    I'd go for this but only if Mo wasn't invited :blush: :cool:
  • kate03kate03 Posts: 4,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ditto absolutely - what the H*** is going on - is it really all about Twitter, Kids and Holly Willoughby?

Thank you Granny. I think it's time I switched off from these shows. They really are becoming a joke. Let the twitter brigade win.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lol...ok then it's a deal.:D
  • ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just saying this! Would be so much more entertaining!
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member

I'd have to go with that - I really don't like the woman.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ursula321 wrote: »
    I was just saying this! Would be so much more entertaining!

I hope the producers read this forum and this thread. Maybe then they'll get the message that we're not all happy with their current shambolic editing.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kate03 wrote: »
    I hope the producers read this forum and this thread. Maybe then they'll get the message that we're not all happy with their current shambolic editing.

I'm glad to be rid of most of those who are out and am not convinced by the conspiracy theories about the edit.

The only one I miss at all is Vincent.

I hope the producers are wise enough to ignore this forum, as the Big Brother producers should have avoided the BB one. (They advise housemates to avoid it, though.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    I'm glad to be rid of most of those who are out and am not convinced by the conspiracy theories about the edit.

The only one I miss at all is Vincent.

I hope the producers are wise enough to ignore this forum, as the Big Brother producers should have avoided the BB one. (They advise housemates to avoid it, though.)

I was convinced by the 'biased' edit by week two when the ITV2 show were showing very funny clips (the beauty pageant one for example) that was not shown on the main show. Sure they have to edit it all down to a one hour show, but when they begin to pick and choose pieces to throw certain celebs into a bad light and make them look totally unreasonable, that's when you begin to notice who they are favouring or who they want out. Matthew made a very valid point of an example of this tonight with the incident about Rebecca.

So call it conspiracy if you wish. I don't think I'm far off the mark. :)
  • ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was convinced by the 'biased' edit by week two when the ITV2 show were showing very funny clips (the beauty pageant one for example) that was not shown on the main show. Sure they have to edit it all down to a one hour show, but when they begin to pick and choose pieces to throw certain celebs into a bad light and make them look totally unreasonable, that's when you begin to notice who they are favouring or who they want out. Matthew made a very valid point of an example of this tonight with the incident about Rebecca.

I couldn't stand to watch IACGMOOHN but I know we see far less of camp than we used to. They showed a segment the other day about all the bugs and reptiles that had come into the camp and thought I would rather see some of that than some of what we are shown.
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't think you are far off the mark either. Manipulation at it's finest.

I did notice when Matthew said something along the lines, that basically Joey was the favourite (of the show) to win from day one etc (I can't remember what he said exactly) but Laura was quick to jump in and that topic stopped.

:)
  • bulldog rosiebulldog rosie Posts: 1,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »

I did notice when Matthew said something along the lines, that basically Joey was the favourite (of the show) to win from day one etc (I can't remember what he said exactly) but Laura was quick to jump in and that topic stopped.

That's because Matthew is a really sore loser. The show didn't make Joey the favourite or vote for him to do the trials, the ( TOWIE ) public did and the show did not cause Mathew to lose the trials to Joey...........He was just second best to the TOWIE font of all knowledge.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »

Yes I noticed that too. To confirm my suspicions, we've just had Steve Davis on This Morning saying that Lucy and Matthew were hilarious and also worked hard around the camp. He also said that Joey and Kian had good chances of winning. Philip and Holly looked gobsmacked when Steve mentioned Lucy and Matthew in a positive light and asked if Steve was their PR agent because they've seen nothing of that on the main show.

ITV editing is really out of order this series and they've gone with a highly exaggerated dramatic storyline that barely matches up to the evicted celebs experiences in the camp. I for one am disappointed that we seen none of this hilarity around the camp.
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I noticed that too. To confirm my suspicions, we've just had Steve Davis on This Morning saying that Lucy and Matthew were hilarious and also worked hard around the camp. He also said that Joey and Kian had good chances of winning. Philip and Holly looked gobsmacked when Steve mentioned Lucy and Matthew in a positive light and asked if Steve was their PR agent because they've seen nothing of that on the main show.

ITV editing is really out of order this series and they've gone with a highly exaggerated dramatic storyline that barely matches up to the evicted celebs experiences in the camp. I for one am disappointed that we seen none of this hilarity around the camp.

I'm with you on this one too.

I'm fed up with 'the vultures' picking the meat off of the bones of a certain individual (who isn't even my fav). I would rather see them having some fun and entertaining me. I don't feel entertained by folk continually running others down (whoever that my be). That's not my idea of entertainment.

Of course, you don't expect it to be all harmonious, but dear Lord, enough is enough.

Mo calling Amy a word that they felt too disgusting to broadcast for instance was stepping over the mark imo. Totally uncalled for.

It must have been bad, because they didn't bleep out any F words etc previously.

This is just my own opinion though.

• bulldog rosiebulldog rosie Posts: 1,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This would have to be a complete non-starter for me.There's a decorator working next door , so I'm already watching paint dry !
  • stu0rtstu0rt Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's telling that the TV credits put "Story Editors" in a high position. We only ever see what they want us to see. I'm sure that there's a huge camaraderie and a general upbeat atmosphere in the camp, but we just don't see it.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Yes they should run the rest of the show from the hotel where we can watch the evictees having fun with their families. As usual with this type of show we are left with the bores. As much as I like Rebecca, David, Kian and even Joey, they have not done or said anything remotely interesting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's a questionable way to put it. Should they hide the things that make those celebs look bad instead, and pretend they're all fun and games when they're not?

I'm not convinced there's been much hilarity. Steve seemed to think his wind-ups were immensely funny; it's far from clear it would seem that way to viewers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    Yes they should run the rest of the show from the hotel where we can watch the evictees having fun with their families. As usual with this type of show we are left with the bores. As much as I like Rebecca, David, Kian and even Joey, they have not done or said anything remotely interesting.

I don't think any of them have said anything interesting.

The usual claim is that we're left with "bores" when it's voting to evict (as traditionally in Big Brother) and that voting to save (as in IAC) is the way to get rid of the bores and keep the interesting ones in.

Perhaps most viewers just have a different idea of who's worth watching and would rather watch those who are left than those who are out. That's certainly how I feel. The only evictee I miss at all is Vincent. If we were shown the evictees having fun with their families, I'd turn it off.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »
    I don't think any of them have said anything interesting.

The usual claim is that we're left with "bores" when it's voting to evict (as traditionally in Big Brother) and that voting to save (as in IAC) is the way to get rid of the bores and keep the interesting ones in.

Perhaps most viewers just have a different idea of who's worth watching and would rather watch those who are left than those who are out. That's certainly how I feel. The only evictee I miss at all is Vincent. If we were shown the evictees having fun with their families, I'd turn it off.

Of course, it comes down to taste and opinion.

BIB It isn't down to the viewers who stays, it's down to those who're prepared to waste money on voting. Most of us just go with the flow and really don't care who ends up with a bunch of twigs on their head.
    Forum Member
    It wouldn't be so bad if it was a dramatic storyline to begin with. I mean if one could call 'Amy sitting on log looking forlorn', 'Amy brushing hair looking dreamy', 'Amy lounging in the sun', 'Amy sleeping in the sun', 'Amy rooting in bag for hidden cosmetics', then I suppose it could be termed that (obviously a lot of people DO call that drama). As the Simply Red song lyric goes 'You're beautiful ... but oh so boring'. After all the ridiculous footage of non-events involving Amy - I was LONGING for some Joey Essex footage - that's how bad it was.
    Forum Member
    You know what as well. As bad as Helen Flanagan was last year - at least she provided the camp with some drama with her panic attacks. She gave us FAR more entertainment value than a lot of them in there this year.
  • PerarduamollyPerarduamolly Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    I agree wholeheartedly. We need a bit of life down there. At the start it looked like they were trying for a bit of romance between Amy and Joey but that was a non-starter so we got the supposed bullying campaign, courtesy of ITV desperately trying to keep us interested by judicious editing. ITV's problem is that this year everyone is too nice and too well fed.

I am also completely fed-up with the misogynistic 'jealous' storyline, rendering most of the threads on this forum completely unreadable. If anyone is being bullied behind their back it is Lucy.