Options

Will anyone now take Cheryl Cole seriously?

Comments

• Options
    kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely the question should be "why did anyone ever take her 'seriously' in the first place?" It's just totally baffling - she's a bad singer, her songs are about as mediocre as you can get... seriously, someone please give me one decent music-based reason as to why Cheryl Cole is seen as some sort of important figure in music and showbiz?

Everything she says, everything she does, people just can't seem to help themselves but pay so much attention to her, for no real reason at all. Ok, so she mimed on tv the other day apparently. Who the **** gives a toss? What the hell you expect - a great vocal performance? Get real and just ignore her.

Anyone who takes Cheryl Cole seriously as a singer/artist (whatever) cannot honestly be serious about liking music.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Archangel wrote: »
    I'll say it again. No she didn't as I'm one of a number of sound engineers that work for the BBC and I worked on The Voice for 4 weeks. Her people requested that her mic wasn't "live". SHE MIMED!!!

Also from a professional point of view, Kylie simply wiped the floor with her at the Jubilee concert, and received a massive ovation at the beginning and especially at the end of her set. Very impressive... It's a pity that the directional stage mics didn't allow for the TV to convey the crowd's volume. Cheryl should learn from better artists what her true limitations are and try to improve them. A little humility might also help.

A lot of people who were at that performance tweeted that not only was she stuck up (according to The Metro), but she stopped the performance twice as she wasn't happy with the dancing, and that she mimed without question yet again. These are now ex-fans btw. She even had her make-up artist re-do her make-up twice in between takes, whereas Katy Perry only did her's once, and she did it herself.

You have no credibility. First, you claim you were in the audience watching the performance at The Voice (in one of the original threads about her Voice performance). Then you claim you were her sound engineer, now you are claiming someone else was.

In your first slating of her in the original thread why did you not mention that you were the sound engineer at The Voice...it's only come about in recent posts.

Also...is it really your ''professional opinion'' or the fact you are a Kylie stan and have continuously put the both of them up against one another for some reason?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    I'll say it again. No she didn't as I'm one of a number of sound engineers that work for the BBC and I worked on The Voice for 4 weeks. Her people requested that her mic wasn't "live". SHE MIMED!!!

Also from a professional point of view, Kylie simply wiped the floor with her at the Jubilee concert, and received a massive ovation at the beginning and especially at the end of her set. Very impressive... It's a pity that the directional stage mics didn't allow for the TV to convey the crowd's volume. Cheryl should learn from better artists what her true limitations are and try to improve them. A little humility might also help.

You must be really pressed to make u
    A lot of people who were at that performance tweeted that not only was she stuck up (according to The Metro), but she stopped the performance twice as she wasn't happy with the dancing, and that she mimed without question yet again. These are now ex-fans btw. She even had her make-up artist re-do her make-up twice in between takes, whereas Katy Perry only did her's once, and she did it herself.

Obvious haters are obvious. There were journalist and people that tweeted about the performance that were there who said she sang live. Not gonna bother responding to u, because I too am a sound engineer at BBC
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Speaking as a sane person, this sounds like utter B.S, Ive just watched the performance and she was not miming, Cheryl is a terrible lip-syncher and I was watching the whole thing and not once did she look out of synch, people need to accept that she actually sang live for once and that she was actually quite good!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ICON111 wrote: »

Not credible in the sense of her writing it/having a strong voice but it sounds like a decent pop album from the previews.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kutox wrote: »
    Surely the question should be "why did anyone ever take her 'seriously' in the first place?" It's just totally baffling - she's a bad singer, her songs are about as mediocre as you can get... seriously, someone please give me one decent music-based reason as to why Cheryl Cole is seen as some sort of important figure in music and showbiz?

Everything she says, everything she does, people just can't seem to help themselves but pay so much attention to her, for no real reason at all. Ok, so she mimed on tv the other day apparently. Who the **** gives a toss? What the hell you expect - a great vocal performance? Get real and just ignore her.

Anyone who takes Cheryl Cole seriously as a singer/artist (whatever) cannot honestly be serious about liking music.

Music is subjective not everyone can like the same artists or songs, s something that's crap to you might be loved by another. So is her voice, cause I like it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Speaking as a sane person, this sounds like utter B.S, Ive just watched the performance and she was not miming, Cheryl is a terrible lip-syncher and I was watching the whole thing and not once did she look out of synch, people need to accept that she actually sang live for once and that she was actually quite good!

Thank you
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It wasn't live because you can hear the pitch correction. I suspect the occasional mumbling under her tuned voice was her live vocal. She did the same for FFTL and PT, and judging by her Jubilee performance I don't think she's inclined to do any different.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    It wasn't live because you can hear the pitch correction. I suspect the occasional mumbling under her tuned voice was her live vocal. She did the same for FFTL and PT, and judging by her Jubilee performance I don't think she's inclined to do any different.

That's prob her worst performance.
    I'm pretty sure it was live
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kazozh5 wrote: »
    That's prob her worst performance.
    I'm pretty sure it was live

That's what I meant. The Jubilee performance was live, and if she sounded that bad standing still why do people still think she can pull off pitch accurate vocals with all that dancing live? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of those notes in that performance were flat and weak....but yet people still claim she was miming. LOL I can't...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Some of those notes in that performance were flat and weak....but yet people still claim she was miming. LOL I can't...

Which performance?
  • Options
    ICON111ICON111 Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tweedy Dumb can't even hold a note. Her singing is like she is talking in another accent.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Graham Norton performance was her singing live, it was blindingly obvious she wasnt lip-synching, and yes, she had a backing track but pretty much every popstar has one of those, her vocals were clear, and loud, and some of the "bigger" notes were sounding a little off but she gave it her best, she was dancing at the same time so its to be expected that she would be too out of breath at some points to pull of those notes, but she still tried, I give her props for that, she is improving.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Graham Norton performance was her singing live, it was blindingly obvious she wasnt lip-synching, and yes, she had a backing track but pretty much every popstar has one of those, her vocals were clear, and loud, and some of the "bigger" notes were sounding a little off but she gave it her best, she was dancing at the same time so its to be expected that she would be too out of breath at some points to pull of those notes, but she still tried, I give her props for that, she is improving.

She was bending and twisting her stomach/diaphragm constantly yet her vocals showed no signs of deterioration. When actual live singers like Leona, Alexandra etc dance and sing live, they hardly move at all because it's near impossible to have a strong vocal while moving and bending around so much....and we all know Cheryl is not a strong singer, so all that dancing/moving around makes it unbelievable to me as a live performance. She recorded a new vocal in the studio with some flat notes etc and mimed to it. The only bit which she sang live was the oh oh at the end when her mic turned on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's what I meant. The Jubilee performance was live, and if she sounded that bad standing still why do people still think she can pull off pitch accurate vocals with all that dancing live? :confused:

Just something I said earlier to someone else, sorry if it's a bit aggressive

you clearly dont know that much about music because you will know every instance someones voice can be different. Could be due to the song, what that persons ate/drank, how nervous they are etc

Just because cheryl was bad at standing singing Need you now, doesnt therefore its impossible she could have sang Call my name steadily whilst dancing. CMN was in a studio, has lower range in the song, and had been rehearsed for a while. Need you now was in front of 10000's and the royal family and. live to millions of people, rehearsed fairly last minute, and in terms of cheryls voice is more challenging.

If you had seen and compared various performances of cheryls like
    Set fire to the third bar at CIN
    FFTL at T4
    PT at Alan Carr

she can sing without miming, and I believe she did so at The Voice
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just something I said earlier to someone else, sorry if it's a bit aggressive

you clearly dont know that much about music because you will know every instance someones voice can be different. Could be due to the song, what that persons ate/drank, how nervous they are etc

I think I know enough. And more than enough to know how difficult it is to dance and sing live with a lot of choreography...even the strongest singers struggle, and Cheryl has never displayed strong vocal ability. Has she ever performed any of her solo material acoustically? If she can sing as well as you say, surely she'd have done that by now...?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think I know enough. And more than enough to know how difficult it is to dance and sing live with a lot of choreography...even the strongest singers struggle, and Cheryl has never displayed strong vocal ability. Has she ever performed any of her solo material acoustically? If she can sing as well as you say, surely she'd have done that by now...?

Sorry that part wasn't meant for u. I just copied and pasted it straight across, forgetting to take the insult out, it didnt apply to you. She has performed acoustically though
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why some people watch every performance she does is beyond me.:confused: its clear some people don't like her, yet they don't miss a single performance and dissect every single detail.:confused: seriously, just don't watch it.:rolleyes:

opinion is one thing, but if proper industry insiders claim it was live, then that is good enough for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry that part wasn't meant for u. I just copied and pasted it straight across, forgetting to take the insult out, it didnt apply to you. She has performed acoustically though

I never knew she performed her solo material acoustically...? I'm not convinced at all that The Voice/GN Show was live....there was just far far too much dancing, bending of the diaphragm...her breathing would have been all over the place yet her vocal remained unaffected.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    why some people watch every performance she does is beyond me.:confused: its clear some people don't like her, yet they don't miss a single performance and dissect every single detail.:confused: seriously, just don't watch it.:rolleyes:

Contrary to what you might think I actually like some of her material/performances, but I'm not going to fool myself into thinking it's live when it clearly isn't. There really is no need to get so worked up over a harmless discussion. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was bending and twisting her stomach/diaphragm constantly yet her vocals showed no signs of deterioration. When actual live singers like Leona, Alexandra etc dance and sing live, they hardly move at all because it's near impossible to have a strong vocal while moving and bending around so much....and we all know Cheryl is not a strong singer, so all that dancing/moving around makes it unbelievable to me as a live performance. She recorded a new vocal in the studio with some flat notes etc and mimed to it. The only bit which she sang live was the oh oh at the end when her mic turned on.

There were a few - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dibI9yKrKYM
    1:24 - as she lifts her body up, the vocal also goes up as you would expect with a movement like that
    2:25 - the whole vocal sounds weak and tired from the performance

Also you can't really compare this to her Jubilee performance because Call My Name is mainly sung in the same key throughout which is quite monotone whereas Need You Know isn't like that.

People will think she mimed regardless but personally I think it was live w/ backing track.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »

opinion is one thing, but if proper industry insiders claim it was live, then that is good enough for me.

I agree.

I personally think it was live with a backing track.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    There were a few - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dibI9yKrKYM
    1:24 - as she lifts her body up, the vocal also goes up as you would expect with a movement like that
    2:25 - the whole vocal sounds weak and tired from the performance

Also you can't really compare this to her Jubilee performance because Call My Name is mainly sung in the same key throughout which is quite monotone whereas Need You Know isn't like that.

People will think she mimed regardless but personally I think it was live w/ backing track.

Hmmm....this performance is one I'm convinced is live. She's moving a lot and the vocal is shaky, compare it to that performance you just linked and it doesn't add up for me...