Games that have disappointed you this year

Comments

• Ricky D GervaisRicky D Gervais Posts: 2,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sonic 4, Goldeneye, FF13. Had high hopes for all of them, and they each turned out to be complete and utter shite.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Assasins creed 2,i enjoyed the first but this was more of the same really,i played it right after finishing prototype,after the freedom in prototype u kinnda get bored climbing building n such.
  • Echo1Echo1 Posts: 7,674
    Forum Member
    For me it has to be F1 2010. The bugs and the buggy patch has all but killed my interest in this game. I wont be buying (let alone pre-ordering) F1 2011 on the basis that CM can't make a decent F1 game.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot about AvP. What a terrible terrible game that was. The SP was bad enough and then I tried MP.

I'll leave the MP at Oh dear:p I can think of other words to describe the MP but I think DS won't be pleased:D:p

I thought the SP wasn't bad, but like everything else nowadays the SP lasted about 5 hours.

If only they had a Hadley's Hope map like from the Aliens movie. At least with AvP1 and 2 on the PC they allowed use of map making tools and shared them across the community. Some people still play AvP2 now, how many people will be playing AvP3 on the Xbox 360 in 8 years time. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bad Company 2 was a disappointment for me aswel. It's not a great MP if you come on without any friends as it just takes too long to get into the action - have to wait till friends are online to enjoy it.

I had high hopes for Halo Reach but despite being a decent game it just didn't do enough to keep me and others hooked. Shame.

Operation Flashpoint: D.R was a massive disappointing bug-fest. I had bought this along with three other friends with the expectation we would be completing co-op then moving online for some compelling MP action. How wrong we were! Despite being ok on the surface this game suffers with some pad-smashing problems.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    The best game of 2010 is easily Red Dead Redemption.

I've no problem being in the minority on this one, but for me, RDR was one of the major disappointments of the year.

It's by no means a bad game, and I can't put my finger on exactly what it is that lets it down, but there's just 'something' about it that left me incredibly underwhelmed and disappointed.

Beyond that, Bad Company 2 - I actually preferred the SP to MP, which shouldn't surprise me I guess as I'm really not a fan of the Battlefield series, but gave it another chance with BC2.

Also - Alan Wake - All the waiting, all the expectation, all the hype, and it was just a very very average/meh.....
  • manc602manc602 Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    Dead Rising 2 - Shame as the game did not live up to the hype/expectation

Bad Company 2 - Loved the first one but the second was very average
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    I've no problem being in the minority on this one, but for me, RDR was one of the major disappointments of the year.

It's by no means a bad game, and I can't put my finger on exactly what it is that lets it down, but there's just 'something' about it that left me incredibly underwhelmed and disappointed.

I think it's more of a case of it's the best of a bad bunch. :p

RDR to me, whilst it had a brilliant storyline, the rest of the game lacked a real punch. The map itself was small compared to say GTA4 and the towns/settlements were quite disappointing. You'd of thought that a game that they could of made the map larger to compensate for the lack of content.

The did make up for it slightly with the DLC but that was content that really should of been in the main game. It was fairly blatant that RDR on it's own was just a shell and the DLC was going to be the guts. But for £30+ people expect a game not a shell.
  • deano0501deano0501 Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Star Wars The Force Unleashed II

Utter tosh. That's all I can say. It's not worthy of any more adjectives.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Final Fantasy XIII. Sure it looked amazing but it was just so linear. I didn't even feel as if I was having any input into battles.
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,455
    Forum Member
    I'd have to say Lost planet 2, shame as I loved the first!
  • Tictac2Tictac2 Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    It's got to be Halo Reach for me. Single player wasn't engaging and multiplayer was using maps from Halo 3.
  • tommyd1258tommyd1258 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    Rhodes666 wrote: »
    Assasins creed 2,i enjoyed the first but this was more of the same really,i played it right after finishing prototype,after the freedom in prototype u kinnda get bored climbing building n such.

Same here. It was good to begin with but dragged on and on with far too many similarities with the boring gameplay of the first game. I won't be getting Brotherhood because some minor improvements and multiplayer don't justify a £35 purchase.

I got a PS3 earlier this year and have to admit that Killzone 2 was a disappointment for me, hated the controls and how heavy it feels to move.

Games I've got on 360 since last November... Mw2 was a let down, terribly short campaign and multiplayer that felt like too many things thrown into a mess. I was slightly disappointed in ME2 as well but since playing through twice it's possibly my favourite game ever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    I have to say F1: 2010. I was looking forward to the game for so long and but it fell short
  • JonPaulWildJonPaulWild Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tomb Raider series.

I love the storyies, character and environments, but I hate how it's executed with poor controls enemies that takes lots of ammo to kill.

Uncharted 2 came on scene and that is what TOmb Raider should be.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Medal of Honor. When I heard they were doing a MoH game in modern times I was extremely excited but all we got was bad company 2 on smaller maps with horrific balancing and snipers all over the place. The single player was good but that's about it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rhodes666 wrote: »

I thought Assassins Creed 2 was so much better than the first. Hopefully Brotherhood is even more of an improvement.

The Force Unleashed 2 is dissapointing as its short.

I think after being a lover of Gears of War then with the utter crap that was Gears of War 2, i try not to get so hyped about games anymore.
  • wolfman321wolfman321 Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Medal of Honor
    Single player missions are way too short and predictable and at the end you get the impression that the story is still to continue ( in the next MoH release maybe ? )
    Tier 1 is good though and so is Multiplayer although there are too many snipers sometimes ! I keep getting shot by them more than any other !
    Medic ! get me a medic, i've been shot again ! He he.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aliens versus Predator. I bought it for cheap because I heard it was not that good. They could have done a lot better.

Assassins Creed 2. I bought the GOTY addition recently. I played it for a while but now it is just collecting dust. Like the first one it got far too repetitive too early and I was led to believe it was so much better than the first. yes there are more side missions and a more fleshed out story but it is still tedious.

By the Way 'Dead Space' is a good game. Try playing it with the lights out and the sound turned up. Scarey. It's not a game that insisted upon itself when released. COD is Meh. Talk about milking a franchise
  • SiebenburgenSiebenburgen Posts: 3,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Formula One 2010.

I stopped buying F1 games after F1 '97 on the Playstation. I decided to buy this one. And upon starting the game, an hour or so into it, I realised WHY I stopped buying these games so long ago,. It's dull and lifeless... just like the TV programme. I took it back and got a refund and went elsewhere and bought Castlevania instead.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,735
    Forum Member
    The last WWE game that i actually thought was anyway decent was on ps2. The game has barely changed in years, Im amazed people still buy it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    I was slightly dissapointed by the earlier episodes of Sam & Max, The Devil's Playhouse. They began to grow on me later though, and the end of the series was fabulous. I guess it was just a slow-burner, as they're injecting the darker humour from the comics back into the games.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fable 3 x10000000 :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another vote for Final Fantasy XIII. Actually this wasn't a disappointment. I knew it was gonna be shit but it exceeded expectations in that regard. I just detested every element of it. the charachters were shit, the story was shit, the battle system was shit, the gameworld was shit. everything about this game was utter utter shit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blindness wrote: »
    Another vote for Final Fantasy XIII. Actually this wasn't a disappointment. I knew it was gonna be shit but it exceeded expectations in that regard. I just detested every element of it. the charachters were shit, the story was shit, the battle system was shit, the gameworld was shit. everything about this game was utter utter shit.

I'd agree with all of that bar the charaters and battle system - the characters were interesting enough and the battle system (whilst not perfect) was good considering it was a turn-based system on a next gen console. :)

The rest, the linear levels etc - yeah all utter sh*t. :o