GTD 2012 Starts in Jan

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    I love GTD, haven't missed a series and the nicest set of judges on any show, they all know what they are talking about as well!! Plus Adam Garcia is my fantasy husband. :D

I really like Prodijig and Boadicea at the mo.

Me too.

Thought B were really 'fierce' I think the term is... when there was the line of them at the back making like soldiers and the others 'doing their thing' at the front. Thought their name was EXACTLY right... Let's hear it for the sisters YAY !

Better not be against each other later in the contest... I will be so :mad:

And I love all the contemporary ballet stuff... some makes makes :cry: it is so exquisite...

But I am really not too keen on the very young (5-7s) with their large 'cute' factor. And am getting :yawn: with all the street type stuff. Prolly said it before in the thread... Soz...
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too.

Thought B were really 'fierce' I think the term is... when there was the line of them at the back making like soldiers and the others 'doing their thing' at the front. Thought their name was EXACTLY right... Let's hear it for the sisters YAY !

Better not be against each other later in the contest... I will be so :mad:

And I love all the contemporary ballet stuff... some makes makes :cry: it is so exquisite...

But I am really not too keen on the very young (5-7s) with their large 'cute' factor. And am getting :yawn: with all the street type stuff. Prolly said it before in the thread... Soz...

I know what you mean about all the street stuff, Diversity really set the standard and unless a routine is really original, they just seem so average!!

Which is why I like Prodijig but the problem most of the acts have is coming up with something just as good as their first audition.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know what you mean about all the street stuff, Diversity really set the standard and unless a routine is really original, they just seem so average!!

Which is why I like Prodijig but the problem most of the acts have is coming up with something just as good as their first audition.

TBH The last routine of D's I thought I'd seen it all before... I know I should go a hide but that's what I thought.

I'm thinking that P are well experienced from their Riverdance days and their lead & choreographer must have some idea of where to go to next... I hope they put in more high kicks... and I thought where they crossed each other's paths in formation was just :eek: (in a good way :). Mind you, didn't he say that no-one had actually seen them perform before (as P i think he meant) ... Should I be a bit :eek: on their behalf...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the TV listings...

The short list will comprise 30 acts...

Would be interesting to know whether this will comprise purely of three-gold winners... as there seem to be a lot of them... so presumeably anyone who got through with a 'mere' two golds won't get a look in.

And next week (22nd) Sunday will have two auditions and a 30 minutes 'call backs' show too. Recorders at the ready :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't get Boadicea's choon outta my head atm... and want to learn how to do their pelvic 'jiggle' :o

Wondering if Boadicea and Prodijig can top their auditions... depends on the time they have I suppose... :confused: How long did the acts have after their audition to prepare their next piece... In the DS thread for the Masterchef competition we had some 'insider knowledge' and it seems there were quite a few weeks between rounds... So presume the same for GTD...
  • Options
    stiddsstidds Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    I have never watched the show before and I am really enjoying it.. except for one thing that is now starting to annoy the hell out of me.

Why is it that every girl street dance act have that Beyonce 'Who run the world' song in it. It has gotten to the stage that if a bunch of women come on stage you can guarantee that the song will be in there somewhere.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    stidds wrote: »
    I have never watched the show before and I am really enjoying it.. except for one thing that is now starting to annoy the hell out of me.

Why is it that every girl street dance act have that Beyonce 'Who run the world' song in it. It has gotten to the stage that if a bunch of women come on stage you can guarantee that the song will be in there somewhere.

I know! It is a good song, but gosh - every group has used it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know! It is a good song, but gosh - every group has used it!

Likely there's a choon like that every year... But you have to say that Boadicea used it to the best effect... IMO...
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    Some really good acts in the last audition show. Crazy Popper's new crew, that East London crew plus those Urban Jokers. Easily the strongest year yet. Plenty of acts here would have given Akai and Chris and Wes a run for their money.
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe how high the standard has been this time. Don't envy the judges getting 200 down to 30.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused: Anyone know what the ratings are? Because this years' crop have been of a much higher standard.

I keep thinking "Why whittle it down to 30?" That only makes 4 live shows. I'd much rather have a series of heats ike BGT then semi finals and final.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tally wrote: »
    :confused: Anyone know what the ratings are? Because this years' crop have been of a much higher standard.

I keep thinking "Why whittle it down to 30?" That only makes 4 live shows. I'd much rather have a series of heats ike BGT then semi finals and final.
    There's 6 acts per semi so it must be 5 semis and the final. Unclear how many will be in the final though. 10 acts seems like too many. Ratings are still high. I've seen over 600,000 and they always rise for the live shows.
    http://sky1.sky.com/got-to-dance-home/got-to-dance-semi-finalists
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    There's 6 acts per semi so it must be 5 semis and the final. Unclear how many will be in the final though. 10 acts seems like too many. Ratings are still high. I've seen over 600,000 and they always rise for the live shows.

Thanks. Oops. I thought it was 10 per semi, my memory is going. :o

I still think there should be more heats. GTD is the only programme I actually watch the auditions, partly because they dont ridicule acts. The live shows are much better though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some really good acts in the last audition show. Crazy Popper's new crew, that East London crew plus those Urban Jokers. Easily the strongest year yet. Plenty of acts here would have given Akai and Chris and Wes a run for their money.

I'm the first to admit that although Ilike some of the street stuff my bent is very much towards anything more classical like the ballroom, ballet and Irish.

IMO... and I'm prepared to accept others may not share my views... I think Akai won on the 'cute' factor and C&W got the popular vote. I would really hate it if this year's winner was yet-another take on street... unless it's Boadicea :D Haven't yet watched the last audition from yesterday so haven't seen everyone... but I'd love it if Prodijig or B won... Realistically I don't think any of the contemporary ballet singles or duos stand a chance but they may get into the top 3 or 5... can't remember how many acts make the final :o

As the semis are followed by a series of Ashley teaching anyone to street dance... and that runs for 6 eps... I think you're correct in that assumption. And the semi's run for 90 mins so check you recording devices...

And for anyone who missed any of the auditions they are all going to be repeated on Sunday back-2-back YAY ! ... IIRC from last year they may also repeat them again before the final... likely late at night.... But I don't think they are repeating the uncut audition shows from this week on next weekend... :( (maybe the following weekend... )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that about the repeats as I missed a lot of 5 & 6. The auditions & uncut shows are available on Anytime on demand which I watch through my Xbox. But they seem to be time limited and I prefer not to watching streaming programmes.

I agree that Akai's cuteness helped him win but he has ended up in professional shows and in Street Dance: The movie and will be in Street Dance 2 so I guess it shows he has genuine ability. Chris and Wes (who I think took a lot from BGT's Twist & Pulse) have a bit of the crazy Jedward about them and that helped. I sense the girls loved them. The Urban Jokers admitted that they're copying that style but they do seem genuine. But yes it would be nice for a non street act to win. The Alleviate contemporary pair got much closer to winning than I expected last year, so Street isn't a shoe-in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thinking I might start a fresh thread for the actual competition shows...

They've announced the line up for the first semi... includes Prodijig... and luckily NOT Boadicea... don't want my faves competing against each other until they have to !
  • Options
    stiddsstidds Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    As I said in an earlier post, I haven't ever watched the show before, but what I really like about it is the attitude of the audience and the judges. No matter how good or bad the dancers are the audience cheer and support them and the judges never humiliate or make fun of them.

I think BGT and X-Factor could take a leaf out of GTD's book in this respect and try to be more supportive of people that try their best and are brave enough to take to the stage in the 1st place.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got to say I am loving this series so far. Two things that have improved the show above previous series for me are a) the level of talent and b) the fact that they've showed the extended auditions through the week. My main complaint about the show in the past has always been that they spent too much time on the 'heart warming' stories and not enough time on the dance , and the daily shows have been the perfect cure to this.

I was looking forward to the Semi's but I have to say, I am a bit dissapointed with the line up. In the first show there are two young acts (Tayluer & Elliot and Sam Hall), who whilst undoubtedly are talented dancers for their age, IMHO are not as good as many of the older acts that we have seen. The level of talent has been so great this year that it seems a pity two more talented acts have missed out on the chance to win, or at least the chance to be seen on the main show, simply cos of the 'awww' factor. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...Which is why I like Prodijig but the problem most of the acts have is coming up with something just as good as their first audition.

Worried about them and tonight's SF... anyone who knows anything about dance would appreciate their technical skill... realistically it is 'popular' acts who win public votes. Hopefully P can pick up votes from both camps...

Would hate it if Urban Jokers won... too much like C&W IMO
    ...I was looking forward to the Semi's but I have to say, I am a bit dissapointed with the line up. In the first show there are two young acts (Tayluer & Elliot and Sam Hall), who whilst undoubtedly are talented dancers for their age, IMHO are not as good as many of the older acts that we have seen. The level of talent has been so great this year that it seems a pity two more talented acts have missed out on the chance to win, or at least the chance to be seen on the main show, simply cos of the 'awww' factor. :(

But it wins votes = phone call money = commissioning another series for next year *fingers crossed*.

'Must be the music' failed somewhere along the line coz it only ran for one series despite the fact it had better and real musicians than XF.
    And remember that year when BGT had a boy drummer in the final... but he seemed to be playing to a backing track so you didn't really know how much if what we saw was his talent :eek: .... at least he didn't win...
    ...Why is it that every girl street dance act have that Beyonce 'Who run the world' song in it. It has gotten to the stage that if a bunch of women come on stage you can guarantee that the song will be in there somewhere.

This year's anthem for the ladies. A follow on from 'Here Come the Girls' :D . Lotsa auditions had James Brown and another more modern choon I don't the name of :o

I didn't like the callbacks this year. I appreciate the judges had a helluva job cutting 200+ on the shortlist down to 30... but why so few... I didn't like that they had 6 call backs which seemed to be in pairs but there were only 2 places. Realistically the pole dancer won't win as women are unlikely to vote for her... Anyone else notice that both pole dancers had shoulders and upper backs like swimmers... shows how much strength is involved.

Would like more call backs with head-to-heads. Think that is quite fair if an act can up the game. I think Kashmir lost it by simply dancing to the same music.

Oh and the dance area in the callbacks studio seemed to be a lot smaller than at the domes... Wonder if the acts knew that beforehand... likely only affected the crews though...

Gonna make a fresh thread for the SFs...

See ya over there
  • Options
    LibitinaLibitina Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love, love, love Prodijig. I'd pay to see them in a show. Though I do prefer their first to the second show. The music was a fantastic choice in their audition, too weak in the semi.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I said in an earlier post, I haven't ever watched the show before, but what I really like about it is the attitude of the audience and the judges. No matter how good or bad the dancers are the audience cheer and support them and the judges never humiliate or make fun of them.

I think BGT and X-Factor could take a leaf out of GTD's book in this respect and try to be more supportive of people that try their best and are brave enough to take to the stage in the 1st place.

:rolleyes: Because Simon Cowell is still stuck in a time warp of a decade ago and thinks being ultra "honest" aka downright rude, sneery and oh so predictable ( I dont think I've heard a new insult for about 5 years) is what the public want.

Give me GTD and The Voice anyday. Both programmes are upbeat, positive and have judges who know and strut their stuff.
    The Voices' 4 judges did a Prince tribute at the start of the second show. It was fab. And while they're still bantering with each other, it never is mean spirited or gratuitous.Their passion comes across in exactly the same way as Ashley, Kimberly and Adam's does.

I for one, detest being subject to invented insults, non constructive criticism and all the other things that I think I'm in the minority with, as Idol, BGT and X Factor are so popular.

:confused: Dont get it, nor do I watch them anymore.