Options

'Babes of the BNP'

Comments

• Options
    That BlokeThat Bloke Posts: 6,352
    Forum Member
    The worst thing is that I have NO idea if that is real or a spoof! Some of the answers are hilarious.

Love the nod to Private Eye with the spoons :D
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Phwoar! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I'm almost positive that's a joke and they've just found photos of random chavs. Embarrassing if it's not.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the OP got the title wrong. Surely it should read "Dogs of the BNP"?:D
  • Options
    Stormwave UKStormwave UK Posts: 5,088
    Forum Member
    Yeah. I wouldn't mind them if they actually worked and didn't take all of our jobs, basically.

That made me chuckle. How stupid can you get.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    Brilliant! Its a bit like Page 3 is now (apparently...)

"Shanice, 19, from Essex blames the current economic downturn on the UK's lack of interest in arts & culture"

yeah, Im sure she does.

Well, of course she does.

Saying "I blame it on the wogs" probably isn't the sort of impression they're aiming for.
    Course, depending on the intended audience, I suppose it might be. :blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this article is years old OP.
  • Options
    FaithyHFaithyH Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BABES?! :o:o:o
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FaithyH wrote: »
    BABES?! :o:o:o

You have nothing on them Faithy - they look so classy! ;-) :D:D:D
  • Options
    Hayley_babyHayley_baby Posts: 15,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow these women are incredibly stupid.

Made me laugh: 'When people say the BNP is a fascist party, what do you think?
    Fascist – I don’t understand that word. :D
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rebecca Edwards: What's the best thing about living in Britain today?
    I hate Britain, and I want to move to Spain in the next couple of years,

I thought the BNP hated Immigration? :D

Jo Bell: Are most of your friends BNP?
    Some of them are. I kind of got into it through my friend Danny. He's really racist. Everyone calls him "Nazi Danny". He started telling me about them, and it made a lot of sense.
    Nelson Mandela – hero or villain?
    Villain.

:o:o:o
  • Options
    floogfloog Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God they're ugly.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their responses to every question is 'I don't know' the pictures look so cheap and tacky.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No "Babe" but an actual BNP candidate, peroxide blonde Dorothy Brooke looking a peculiar shade of errrrm.....'chocolate orange'. :confused:
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this article is years old OP.

Still good for a laugh though :) And it's not *that* old, only 2012
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first woman made me laugh.

Q: What do you for for a living?
    A: I'm a full time mum.

You mean unemployed then? I didn't realise parenting was classed as a living. If it is then I must be owed thousands by now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wizard wrote: »
    The first woman made me laugh.

Q: What do you for for a living?
    A: I'm a full time mum.

You mean unemployed then? I didn't realise parenting was classed as a living. If it is then I must be owed thousands by now.

In the defense of the BNP lady (shocker);

I don't like this question when asked this way by anybody. Plenty of people live off their partners earnings - it has nothing to do with anybody else really. Being a parent is a full time job.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    In the defense of the BNP lady (shocker);

I don't like this question when asked this way by anybody. Plenty of people live off their partners earnings - it has nothing to do with anybody else really. Being a parent is a full time job.

So is housework but it's not something I do for a living.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So is housework but it's not something I do for a living.

It's taking the question a bit literally, and that's my point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's taking the question a bit literally, and that's my point.

It's just the whole "full time mum" thing making it sound more important than it is like it's a replacement for having a full time job when it isn't. What like as opposed to a part time mum? Huh?

What about people who are parents and go out to work. Do they class patenting as a second job then? Not really. It's a life choice not a career move. Looking after a child is no different than any other household responsibility like doing the housework or looking after a pet. It's just a response that some people give because they are too embarrassed to admit they don't work. The response is as stupid as saying I'm a full time dog owner. You might be but you're still unemployed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just the whole "full time mum" thing making it sound more important than it is like it's a replacement for having a full time job when it isn't. What like as opposed to a part time mum? Huh?

What about people who are parents and go out to work. Do they class patenting as a second job then? Not really. It's a life choice not a career move. Looking after a child is no different than any other household responsibility like doing the housework or looking after a pet. It's just a response that some people give because they are too embarrassed to admit they don't work. The response is as stupid as saying I'm a full time dog owner. You might be but you're still unemployed.

This is the crux of what I'm getting at.

There isn't anything intrinsically wrong with not physically going to work in a factory or office every day.

Half of this country (something like 30 million people) do not 'go to work every day' in the way you mean because they have other means of income and don't need to work, whether they're students, the retired (normal or early), carers, stay at home parents, those who've inherited money, those who've won money, compensation and those who are subbed by family or other relatives for whatever reason.

I think you're a bit mad if you think parenting is the equivalent of looking after a pet. A child can take up virtually all your time, especially if your partner is busy working.

Just personally, I don't think it's particularly healthy to have a family where both parents work full time.. it's a very new concept (often out of necessity admittedly) and this is the one area in which I'm a little 'old fashioned' maybe but this trend of shipping kids into daycare from 7am until 6pm is horrible.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member

Why say embarrassed? work is not compulsory y'know.

Anyway for some, being a mother is a full time job.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why say embarrassed? work is not compulsory y'know.

Anyway for some, being a mother is a full time job.

Thank you for making the point in a more concise way than me :D

My Dad used to just sit at home and sell shares on the internet after he 'retired early' (left because he couldn't be bothered working in an office any more)!

It's only very recently that there seems to have been this obsession by government and media to somehow 'make' people work themselves stupid, even if they don't need to. Personally I think we should do as little as we can (:D) as long as the bills are paid. I like being lazy and putting my feet up. I just don't understand this 'hard worker' rhetoric. It's crap. Most people intrinsically want to do as little as they have to.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Thank you for making the point in a more concise way than me :D

My Dad used to just sit at home and sell shares on the internet after he 'retired early' (left because he couldn't be bothered working in an office any more)!

It's only very recently that there seems to have been this obsession by government and media to somehow 'make' people work themselves stupid, even if they don't need to. Personally I think we should do as little as we can (:D) as long as the bills are paid. I like being lazy and putting my feet up. I just don't understand this 'hard worker' rhetoric. It's crap. Most people intrinsically want to do as little as they have to.

It wasn't that long ago, well the 70's in fact, that they were saying people would have more leisure time by the year 2000 due to robots, computers etc doing the work and so leisure centers were going to be built across the land to accommodate people's needs, it soon went out of the window when it became reality and now you're seen as workshy if you don't put in the hours.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't that long ago, well the 70's in fact, that they were saying people would have more leisure time by the year 2000 due to robots, computers etc doing the work and so leisure centers were going to be built across the land to accommodate people's needs, it soon went out of the window when it became reality and now you're seen as workshy if you don't put in the hours.

Very true.

I read something a few weeks ago that basically insinuated the more progressive we become the less we should need to 'work' in any sort of conventional way.

Speaks volumes about our current social and economical edifice. Are we going backward? :confused: