Options

Heart Stations

Comments

• Options
    HitmusicHitmusic Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -ajm- wrote: »
    Global Talent artists are the ones that get regular air play. I think Global Publishing is something different.

She's still signed to global, same difference really. Publishing side is all about with songs to pick, song placements, branding etc etc. That's why she's in capital top 5 most played acts ;-)
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Define a Club Classic?
  • Options
    wckartistwckartist Posts: 1,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Define a Club Classic?

Well, this is where they'll just play what they want......

Are we talking Garlands, Ministry of sound??

Or more likely,...Milnthorpe working mens club after a few sessions of bingo??
  • Options
    dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Define a Club Classic?
    wckartist wrote: »
    Well, this is where they'll just play what they want......

Are we talking Garlands, Ministry of sound??

Or more likely,...Milnthorpe working mens club after a few sessions of bingo??

The most likely is something in between that – chains such as Lloyds No. 1, Yates, Reflex and Popworld – I’m sure each town and city will have their own local versions as well.

I personally would regard them as bars rather than clubs but as they have dancefloors I suppose the definition is debatable. I’ve been to a couple of such bars and heard “Burn” and it went down well.

For what I regard as clubs “Club Classics” is perhaps a slightly misleading title, although nicely alliterates, something more like “Party Classics” would be more accurate. However as others will regard clubs as something different the title might be right for them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Club Classics are dance, disco and 70s and 80s retro music.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What about 90s?! Is over 20yrs ago!
  • Options
    Declan_McGrath1Declan_McGrath1 Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Hitmusic wrote: »
    What about 90s?! Is over 20yrs ago![/QUO

Heart also aired club classics all week last year as well.
  • Options
    Gavin_DGavin_D Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Margherita Taylor will be covering for Matt Wilkinson from Friday 20th Matt gets married on the 21st
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brand new band and song on Heart right now, The Band are called Magic with a track called Rude.

Yet again more music VARIETY.
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, like a whole new song you mean? That really is more music variety eh?
  • Options
    SmartProgrammerSmartProgrammer Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radiogram wrote: »
    That really is more music variety eh?
    Yes it is actually. So that's reggae, pop, rock, soul, disco, dance & ballads. Load's of music variety there.

Remember it's never been about the AMOUNT of songs played. "More Music Variety" reflects different genres (which the DS bashers fail to grasp even though I've posted it like a zillion times).
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it is actually. So that's reggae, pop, rock, soul, disco, dance & ballads. Load's of music variety there.

Remember it's never been about the AMOUNT of songs played. "More Music Variety" reflects different genres (which the DS bashers fail to grasp even though I've posted it like a zillion times).

I know, I was just winding up Hitmusic. I mean, boasting about 1 new sing being played.:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radiogram wrote: »
    I know, I was just winding up Hitmusic. I mean, boasting about 1 new sing being played.:p

I only posted that because many times people have posted on here about heart being too slow and months behind in playing a new artist/song. But there we are a brand new act/track on Heart.
  • Options
    darkknight77darkknight77 Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If Heart's target audience are 25-39 (so I hear) then 90s and 00s would be more suited, most were not born in the 70s and just little kids in the 80s. People who were clubbing in the 70s/80s are in their late 40s-50s now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Heart's target audience are 25-39 (so I hear) then 90s and 00s would be more suited, most were not born in the 70s and just little kids in the 80s. People who were clubbing in the 70s/80s are in their late 40s-50s now.

Spot on. Like I said the 90s were 20yrs ago! So to someone like me say, club classics are considered from 90s onwards. I didn't go to my 1st club til 2000.
  • Options
    Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Er no there isn't. Ballads is not a genre of music and I have never heard them play anything that can be described as Reggae, Rock or Soul.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taylor Dayne - Tell It to my heart is s club classic. It reached the US Billboard Dance 100.

Is Heart using World Wide Club Classic Charts like Billboard + UK to charcitise certain music.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Ellie Gaulding "Burn" is that REALLY a club classic or indeed a future club classic?

Mark Wright's weekday show was only ever called a "Club Classic Flavor", it had solid Club Classics from 7 - 8 and then from 8 - 10 had a mixture of Club Classics and modern "feelgood" songs!
  • Options
    bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brand new band and song on Heart right now, The Band are called Magic with a track called Rude.

Yet again more music VARIETY.

Hardly 'brand new' worldwide release October 2013. Made top ten on Billboard Hot 100, wonder if Heart picked it as it has been used on a TV show or something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardly 'brand new' worldwide release October 2013. Made top ten on Billboard Hot 100, wonder if Heart picked it as it has been used on a TV show or something.

The UK release is 20th July! So is brand new for UK market. Like other artists, songs are often released at different times across the globe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never heard them play anything that can be described as Reggae, Rock or Soul.

OK I'll raise to the bait. Just a few artists that play on Heart and fall under these genres :

Reggae : Bob Marley, UB40
    Rock : Bon Jovi, Kings of Leon, Queen
    Soul : Marvin Gaye, Luther Vandross

As for ballads, love songs cover a variety of genres. Toni Braxton & Babyface, Bridget Kelly, SWV and Aaliyah for example is R&B and the Force MD's is new jack swing.

Now where's your evidence?
  • Options
    Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK I'll raise to the bait. Just a few artists that play on Heart and fall under these genres :

Reggae : Bob Marley, UB40
    Rock : Bon Jovi, Kings of Leon, Queen
    Soul : Marvin Gaye, Luther Vandross

As for ballads, love songs cover a variety of genres. Toni Braxton & Babyface, Bridget Kelly, SWV and Aaliyah for example is R&B and the Force MD's is new jack swing.

Now where's your evidence?
    What evidence? More music variety? More variety than who because that is not variety? If you went on to a download site and found 1 song by Kings of Leon in the rock section and not much else you would think it pathetic. Do they play more variety than Radio 2? Radio 1? Wave 105? No they bloody don't. Infact the only stations that play less variety than Heart are other crappy stations owned by Global.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What evidence? More music variety? More variety than who because that is not variety? If you went on to a download site and found 1 song by Kings of Leon in the rock section and not much else you would think it pathetic. Do they play more variety than Radio 2? Radio 1? Wave 105? No they bloody don't. Infact the only stations that play less variety than Heart are other crappy stations owned by Global.
    I produced facts to back up your comment. Thank you for your input.
  • Options
    hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Basically Global have a different definition of "variety" to the rest of the radio industry!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this Heart....VARIETY: The quality or state of being different or diverse; the absence of uniformity or monotony: