Options

How are you getting DriveClub?

Comments

• Options
    claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    I might finally be able to get that trophy that requires you to send out five challenges and win them. I've done it but never been online for it to pop

I'm after that trophy too, as its the last one I need after the accolade trophy which is about to pop. If you want send me some challenges that expire at a time you know you'll be on, I'll set a time on them for you. ( but longer than tonight as I won't be on tonight.)

I'll send you some too if that's ok?
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I need that trophy too. Halp!
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    You'd be as well taking kyles3003 out. That's my son and doesn't really bother with it. I had sent it to him when it was my challenge

Ah ok. If I remember, I'll take him out next round.
    Ian_Troon wrote: »
    I've got a lot of points to make up!! Cheers for doing the table Yuffie!

No probs. if anyone misses a challenge it will really set them back. You can make up a lot of ground tho. You're a top 3 driver most of the time.
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh there's a new track with the next update? I thought we'd got all the new tracks we were going to get. \o/

Given how beautiful the game is I do wish they'd have a couple of slightly more video gamey tracks though - rushing alongside waterfalls, that kind of thing...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Will the double fame help me boost my drift points so I can get the million points of drift trophy?

Nope. Fame and drift points are very different.

The million drift points is actually really easy. My tip would be to do a shit load of drifting community challenges. You can get up to 15,000 drift points on some circuits. Do that 70 times and you have it (assuming you have absolutely none).
    claymore74 wrote: »
    I'm after that trophy too, as its the last one I need after the accolade trophy which is about to pop. If you want send me some challenges that expire at a time you know you'll be on, I'll set a time on them for you. ( but longer than tonight as I won't be on tonight.)

I'll send you some too if that's ok?

I have to do the accolade one too. I think I have 10 miles to drift and that will pop.

We could do the challenges on Monday maybe. I'll be about from 2 until 10 so could we find some time in there and set them for the lowest time available, like an hour or something ? Are you about Monday ?
    mmpfb wrote: »

Same as above ? I can help Monday if you're about. I'll be on some time over the weekend but not sure when.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope. Fame and drift points are very different.

The million drift points is actually really easy. My tip would be to do a shit load of drifting community challenges. You can get up to 15,000 drift points on some circuits. Do that 70 times and you have it (assuming you have absolutely none).

I don't really like the drifting so if I could have got the trophy faster during this weekend I would have focused on it then. I thought the points that rolled up on screen during the race for overtaking, drafting, drifting ect was fame.

The 5 wins challenge trophy can be won using a second account ;-) . I am glad they are fixing that problem, it confused me for a while when I was after that trophy.

It nice to see this game getting good support. They seem to have a good balance between adding free and paid content.
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,283
    Forum Member
    If you're really intent on grinding it out then just put yourself on a time trial around Tamil Nadu 2 or that really short Maplewood track and just drift around every corner. For some reason you earn more drift points on corners outside of drift events. To make it less boring, have a look through the manufacture accolades to see what the next lowest mileage to the next level is on each car and then keep swapping through them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hotbird wrote: »
    I don't really like the drifting so if I could have got the trophy faster during this weekend I would have focused on it then. I thought the points that rolled up on screen during the race for overtaking, drafting, drifting ect was fame.

The 5 wins challenge trophy can be won using a second account ;-) . I am glad they are fixing that problem, it confused me for a while when I was after that trophy.

It nice to see this game getting good support. They seem to have a good balance between adding free and paid content.

Oh ok good point. The points for overtaking, drifting, drafting do get converted to fame but you still won't get double drifting points this weekend.

Did you do the Venom hot lap yet ? You rack up tons of drifting points on that event.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »

Send me challenges that wil expire at a time you know you'll be on and I'll set a time on them.
    We could do the challenges on Monday maybe. I'll be about from 2 until 10 so could we find some time in there and set them for the lowest time available, like an hour or something ? Are you about Monday ?.

I think you just need to be on when they expire, so send me some tomorrow afternoon / evening which will expire on Monday.

It's the gameplay accolade that I need, just 10 drifts to do. I completed the drift distance and overtake accolades ages ago.
  • Options
    STeelySTeely Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    So ive played mostly Driveclub since i brought it just after xmas.

i thought the singe player game was a big disappointment ,especially when winning the legends trophy.

But i cant stop with the community challenges ,i do one after the other ,sometimes ive put in 20 laps ,thinking if i can just shave off another second or do that corner better ,now im not the greatest driver and probably wont trouble the top spot or even the top ten ,but that doesn't stop me putting in lap after lap after lap ,for me a top 20 finish would be an achievement ,i don't even dream of a top ten!!

maybe more practice in needed !
  • Options
    Ian_TroonIan_Troon Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    STeely wrote: »
    So ive played mostly Driveclub since i brought it just after xmas.

i thought the singe player game was a big disappointment ,especially when winning the legends trophy.

But i cant stop with the community challenges ,i do one after the other ,sometimes ive put in 20 laps ,thinking if i can just shave off another second or do that corner better ,now im not the greatest driver and probably wont trouble the top spot or even the top ten ,but that doesn't stop me putting in lap after lap after lap ,for me a top 20 finish would be an achievement ,i don't even dream of a top ten!!

maybe more practice in needed !

Glad you're enjoying it, really is a great driving game, and our DS challenges have really increased it's life span in my opinion, as you say, just keep practicing, you'll be amazed how quickly you can improve!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the gameplay accolade that I need, just 10 drifts to do. I completed the drift distance and overtake accolades ages ago.

I meant the game mode accolade, which has just completed:)

I've sent 5 drift challenges to both of you ( Yuffie and subcute ) that finish tomorrow morning, so if you were able to set a score on them some time today that would be great.

( if not, I'll just try another time )

Thanks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I meant the game mode accolade, which has just completed:)

I've sent 5 drift challenges to both of you ( Yuffie and subcute ) that finish tomorrow morning, so if you were able to set a score on them some time today that would be great.

( if not, I'll just try another time )

Thanks.

D'oh. Just realised the challenges I sent were all from the Elements pack. Let me know if you don't have it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    D'oh. Just realised the challenges I sent were all from the Elements pack. Let me know if you don't have it.

Don't have it :). Send some free ones and I'll get times posted today for ya :)
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The car?

Everyone should have the track.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't have it :). Send some free ones and I'll get times posted today for ya :)

5 more drifts sent from normal tour. Last 6 hours, so finish about 8 tonight.
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I need to learn how to get max speed out of the car but stop the rear end stepping out so much. That's were I'm losing all my time. I did a time trial on the first Scottish track using the mini and somehow managed to beat Lisa's time :o shame I can't get anywhere near her or Iann34 on the challenges lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I need to learn how to get max speed out of the car but stop the rear end stepping out so much. That's were I'm losing all my time. I did a time trial on the first Scottish track using the mini and somehow managed to beat Lisa's time :o shame I can't get anywhere near her or Iann34 on the challenges lol

Best advice I can give is making gentle use of the brake to keep the car going in the direction you want, especially managing you speed into a corner. Always best to try and brake and accelerate in a straight line where possible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best advice I can give is making gentle use of the brake to keep the car going in the direction you want, especially managing you speed into a corner. Always best to try and brake and accelerate in a straight line where possible.

The turns immediately after the tunnel are causing me the most problems on this challenge. I think im carrying too much speed on exiting the tunnel so end up having to hammer the brakes on to avoid hitting either side then end up stepping the rear out in the huge right hand turn and end up fighting to bring the car under control
  • Options
    Forum Member
    5 more drifts sent from normal tour. Last 6 hours, so finish about 8 tonight.

No bother. I'll get something recorded for them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The turns immediately after the tunnel are causing me the most problems on this challenge. I think im carrying too much speed on exiting the tunnel so end up having to hammer the brakes on to avoid hitting either side then end up stepping the rear out in the huge right hand turn and end up fighting to bring the car under control

For those turns I'm over the the right hand side as I exit then touch the brakes on the left turn and whilst straight brake further to swing the back out a small amount in a mini drift which helps take off some speed but also allows you to steer to avoid the fence under the trees on the left hand side. I also stay far on the left here to try and straighten out the next right turn.

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those turns I'm over the the right hand side as I exit then touch the brakes on the left turn and whilst straight brake further to swing the back out a small amount in a mini drift which helps take off some speed but also allows you to steer to avoid the fence under the trees on the left hand side. I also stay far on the left here to try and straighten out the next right turn.

Hope that helps!

any and all tips are appreciated mate :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Iann and/or Lisa would consider streaming their fastest lap time attempts on Twitch for us to watch. I, for one, would be interested in watching :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder if Iann and/or Lisa would consider streaming their fastest lap time attempts on Twitch for us to watch. I, for one, would be interested in watching :)

Id like to, but with 1.5mb down and 500k up it wouldn't work well I'm afraid!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Broadcasting on twitch username iann34 stream called DSpy driveclub

First time using so don't know how others watch it!!