Options

Do you admire Michelle Mone (The bra woman) or dislike her?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I'm completely indifferent.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed. I love how she created something from nothing, just a wee ordinary woman from Glasgow who became really successful. I desperately want to like her but I've yet to hear positive reports from anyone who's worked with her. She gets a terrible name.
    I wonder just how many highly successful driven business people are really nice to their staff every day of the working week? And if she really is this terrifying harridan of a woman.......how come we aren't hearing about high staff turnover figures and factory closures? :confused:
  • Options
    radyagradyag Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »
    In the lead up the the scottish referendum she appeared in a programme as a supporter of one side in a debate with actor Brain Cox who was representing the other side. It was all amicable enough until it became clear Cox was winning that particular debate, he was far more passionate and articulate when putting across his side. She didn't like that and resorted to a personal attack, it really didn't put her in a good light.

One of the reasons I can't stand her, and the 55% who voted for London rule.
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    radyag wrote: »
    One of the reasons I can't stand her, and the 55% who voted for London rule.

Are you attempting irony, or just lacking in self-awareness?

I didn't see the debate, so have no idea if the allegations are true, but agree that it's bad when people get personal instead of discussing the issues.

For you to hate her for doing so is one thing.

For you to admit you hate everyone who used their democratic right to express a different opinion to yours in the ballot box, is worse.

To do both in one sentence goes beyond gross hypocrisy. If I didn't know others back in the real world expressing similar views, I'd think you were attempting irony, or just a troll attempting to discredit the Independence campaign.:confused:
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is the next riveting exciting story from Michelle's new book.:p

"Michelle began binge-eating to cope with stress of running the business
    She didn't recognise herself after ballooning from a size 10 to a size 22
    Husband Michael called her names and arguments became more frequent
    Turning point came when Michelle broke down at photoshoot in 2005
    But as she lost weight, and earned more money, Michael became nastie"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2964286/Spurned-jealous-husband-d-lost-six-stone-Ultimo-bra-tycoon-MICHELLE-MONE-drink-binge-eating-brutal-fallout-marriage.html#ixzz3SW1hAloA
  • Options
    maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1623811&highlight=

^^^ this was my opinion of her in 2012 and it hasn't changed. She is vile! She tried to threaten the Scottish electorate by saying she would be moving out if the YES campaign won....a bonus imo!
  • Options
    Diamond HeadDiamond Head Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love her and her bras.
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    I think she's a fantastic business woman, and her underwear range is fab. As a person, I couldn't really care less, I don't know her, and her personal life doesn't impact on me at all. She's very successful and that's what I admire about her.
  • Options
    HystericGlamourHystericGlamour Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    An acquaintance worked for her - she apparently is a complete cow. She shouts at people for no reason, bullies them, and has no respect for employees.

I known people who have worked for her, and the consensus is she is indeed "a cow".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Michelle+Mone+Arrivals+Butterfly+Ball+London+suN9lQv5O9ol.jpg

She is mooted to be the new Dragon.

Mmmm, she can be my sleeping partner anyday.
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,031
    Forum Member
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    An acquaintance worked for her - she apparently is a complete cow. She shouts at people for no reason, bullies them, and has no respect for employees. No wonder her hubby left her!

Yep. Been told exactly the same.

So, not someone I'd like to have to spend any time with.
  • Options
    FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a good laugh on reading of Ms Mone's meeting with Mariah Carey in today's Daily Fail which sounds like some tale called The Clash Of The Two Gigantic Egos:

"One of my strangest experiences of trying to find a new ‘face’ for Ultimo was a meeting with Mariah Carey.

I walked into her suite at the Sanderson hotel in London to find that it contained a blow-up swimming pool full of water. She was filming a music video in it, which apparently took a very long time to make. I arrived at 6pm and by 2am she still hadn’t seen me.

‘Come on, mate,’ I grumbled to her manager. ‘I can’t be waiting here any longer.’
    He looked at me as if I was speaking a foreign language. ‘She’s Mariah, you have to wait,’ he said.

An hour later, I heard Mariah demanding a Chinese. And 45 minutes later one of her staff came back with a takeaway. God only knows where they got it from.

By the time I got to see her it was 4am. Halfway through our chat, she stood up and took off her dressing gown. She was naked except for two butterfly stickers over her nipples.
    ‘What do you think of my body?’ she asked. God, it’s five in the morning, I thought. I can’t deal with this. ‘Yeah, your body is amazing. I actually need to go home now,’ I said, and left pretty sharpish.Mariah had potential as a face for the brand, but I felt she was a bit too much."

We all know how much a diva Mariah can be some times but Ms Mone?! For Gawd's sake, Ms Mone is a BUSINESSWOMAN, not some celeb! As a businesswoman, Ms Mone isn't a good one at that because if she had taken Mariah on, the Ultimo sales would have boosted considerably well in the US as well as in the UK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I known people who have worked for her, and the consensus is she is indeed "a cow".
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    Yep. Been told exactly the same.
    So what's the turnover of staff ratio? It must be massive with 1000's of people lasting little more than a couple of days. Does she have revolving doors fitted to all her offices? :confused:

Other posters have mentioned how 'awful' she is to work for.......but not one appears able to substantiate this claim with facts and figures.
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do these people always have names like Disney villains?
  • Options
    Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EvieJ wrote: »
    Eh??? Speak for men if you like but please don't speak for women. Some of us can form an opinion without being catty, or is that a given if we dont automatically agree with all other women all the time.
    Defensive much ? ;) my tongue was firmly in my cheek then just so you know
  • Options
    EvieJEvieJ Posts: 6,036
    Forum Member
    Defensive much ? ;) my tongue was firmly in my cheek then just so you know

Apologies. It wasn't clear in your original post.
  • Options
    mintoemintoe Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't she also the woman who has launched a very successful fake tan range, as sold on QVC shopping channel? She used to have brown hair?

I have no views on her personally but she is certainly an astute business woman.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    So what's the turnover of staff ratio? It must be massive with 1000's of people lasting little more than a couple of days. Does she have revolving doors fitted to all her offices? :confused:

Other posters have mentioned how 'awful' she is to work for.......but not one appears able to substantiate this claim with facts and figures.

Court cases and compensation not enough for you then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Court cases and compensation not enough for you then?
    Where? :confused:
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I literally couldn't give two shits. I don't know anyone who buys her undies either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    Where? :confused:

Pretty clear you haven't read the whole thread and my link if you have to ask that question.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty clear you haven't read the whole thread and my link if you have to ask that question.
    Yes i've read through this entire thread and now just read through the other from 2012.

So one woman took Mones company to a Tribunal due to her claiming 'sex discrimination' as she was 'forced out of a job because she was pregnant' when in fact she was offered alternative options. Ends with 'the hearing continues' and despite scouring Google i cannot find any outcome.

The second woman Samantha Bunn, was fired after Michelle Mone found she'd spent the night bonking her husband in Hong Kong........and then has the brass necked audacity to sue Mone over dismissal! :o:o

So that's two (one deservedly so imo!).......where are all the rest that this 'awful' Michelle Mone has hounded out of the door?!! I'm looking for hundreds....not just a couple of disgruntled ex-employees.

Really you shouldn't have linked up to that other thread either as a few posts noted female posters (in the main) blatantly 'slagging off' Michelle Mone (i wonder why this happens with women ;-)). I also get the impression there is a bit of patriotic fury being vented at Mone daring to suggest moving her business if Scotland voted 'Yes' in the referendum.

Errrrrm......now lets see.

Where does Rod Stewart live? Scotland? Nope.....shipped out yonks ago to LA.

Where does Sean Connery live? Scotland? Nope....shipped out to the Bahamas tax haven yonks ago.

Where does Billy Connolly live? Scotland? Nope.....New York since 2011.

Where does Michelle Mone live?

Scotland!! :p:p
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    I've never really noticed her, though being a thin (moobless) male, I don't think I'm her target audience. :p

It's nice to hear her being successful despite a "low" background.

Reading about her doing some bra business, and something about Dragons Den, it just makes me think of Moss from IT Crowd. Hopefully her bras don't go up in flames. :p
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the fact that she made a success out of a very deprived background. Like the fact that she committed to change from being overweight to living to her best potential. Don't like her desperation to be a zeleb, the way she dropped Penny Lancaster for Rachal Hunter (purely for publicity and this despite her considering Penny and Rod as friends) and the tacky out there 80s image. Something very cold about her.
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never heard of her