Dying Light delayed into Feb 2015

13»

Comments

• JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't got this game yet but I just saw on twitter they're going to make the cars drivable. Bit odd how they're doing this, you think it would be in the game from day one.
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The short clips of the vehicles seem to show the driving happening in some wide open fields which I don't think is something that's in the game, at least I haven't come across it yet, so I would think they would only be drivable in a new area.

The way the game is designed at the moment is all geared towards parkour. There isn't any room to drive about really.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When was that patch released, I was playing earlier and don't recall any update through Steam.

Talking about the game, just reached level 11 today, can't wait to get the grapple hook at level 12 lol

Was released yesterday.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Picked this up the other day, quite enjoying it. I'm finding it a bit clunky with the parkour, I don't like using R1 to grab it's not very intuitive. Better than the Dead Islands though. How big is the map?
  • reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    Picked this up the other day, quite enjoying it. I'm finding it a bit clunky with the parkour, I don't like using R1 to grab it's not very intuitive. Better than the Dead Islands though. How big is the map?

I havent finished the game but the parkour improves as you are levelling up and becomes smoother if thats what you are referring to so at the beginning is quite underwhelming but as you level up you become faster and better at it and so it becomes less "clunky"
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    reglip wrote: »
    I havent finished the game but the parkour improves as you are levelling up and becomes smoother if thats what you are referring to so at the beginning is quite underwhelming but as you level up you become faster and better at it and so it becomes less "clunky"
    That's good, it just seemed that the character is a bit clumsy although given an early cut scene says he's not done it before that makes sense.
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Quite big
    You go to another part of the city later on in the game as well, all in all you get a lot of playground to run about.
  • seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I actually like the R1 being used to jump, ok took a while to get used to it, but i find the controls really work well, being able to look and jump at the same time no way could they have had the controls another way for this game, well not in my opinion any way.
  • Chelsea SaintChelsea Saint Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But I do expect this to be a little bit special.

Visuals are sublime and audio is alluring, this of course when alluring equals odious, repulsive and twisted. And those clever taunting aurals ably fuel the palpable, gnawing, frenzied tension Dying Light boisterously promotes. But enough of my polysyllabic rambling drivel, here's Dying Light in sharp precis; Full on open world, lashings of looting, copious crafting, hefty upgrades, parkour a plenty, monstrous maps no pun, large longevity, sharp loads, slick UI and a tidy gameplay mechanic. Not to mention a music soundtrack that profers an occasional affectionate wink to John Carpenter's evocative, pulsing synth 'ballads' of yesteryear. Put simply, DL is a VERY highly recommended new generation feast. 9/10
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trying to get the trophy for dropkilling with a wrench but can't find a wrench anywhere! I've completed the game so I think I must be too high level now to find one.
  • Chelsea SaintChelsea Saint Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No idea about trophies Tom, we just get on it and freeroam. Barely touched the campaign. I remember thinking Dead Island looked good, so out of curiosity had a quick look on PS3 to compare the visuals. DL's on a different planet, proper new gen game.
  • boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Bonkers physics for one day only :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1cUe3Cvk28
  • 1ncognito1ncognito Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I started playing yesterday and got to the mission where you're out at night for the first time. Scared the bejeesus out of me, but it's amazing how much better I am at parkour when there's a horde of the night time zombies bearing down on me! :D
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,671
    Forum Member
    Anyone checked out this new DLC yet ?

Also, did its arrival reset everyone else's statistics or just mine ?
  • jxbrennajxbrenna Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The RB parkour button was bit hard for me at first (i kept missing jumps alot) but now i think ive perfected it now ive got used to the button layout.

just wairting to hit agility level 12 and get the Grapple hook, should make the parkour 100 times easier.
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Started playing this yesterday . The parkour I'm finding a bit of a pain but like someone said as you level up it will get easier right ? . How many varieties of zombie are there ? . Also how often do you fight humans ? That was the only annoying part of both dead island games for me
  • RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I picked this up just over a week ago and I'm having so much fun with it. There's so much to do! Almost 30 hours in and only half way through, love it.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,671
    Forum Member
    Anyone who wants to do the Bozak DLC with me, let me know. I keep getting matched with impatient Americans who are ridiculously good at the game.

I mean, I'm okay. But I just feel like I'm a passenger when I'm playing with these guys and it spoils it. They do the Parkour challenges so fast, I can't keep up. Then they die trying to do it too quickly and blame me. You can do them fine at normal speed!

Furthest I've got is Level 17. Enjoying it but it's annoying when you lose a life cheaply and it seems to happen in so many of my runthroughs. It's not as hard as it seems, it's just about keeping the mistakes down.
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a demo of this now available on the Xbox One, perfect for me as I wasn't sure about this but playing it will give me an idea if I will like it.