Options

Jon Cryer's Sheen Response!!

WiganUser1WiganUser1 Posts: 264
Forum Member
Have to say, this response to Charlie Sheens comments is soooo funny!!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a308386/cryer-responds-to-sheens-troll-comment.html

makes a change to see people responding in this way rather than starting a long drawn out titter-tatter arguement via the media!!!

Comments

• Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Duckie FTW!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hehe it made me chukle! I am in fact a troll!! Nice to see he has a sense on humour about it!
  • Options
    CMKCMK Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To me, he is the real star of Two and a Half Men. Much, much funnier than Sheen!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Alan in two & a half men - maybe we will see a spin off of just him and jake - now that would be funny ( would need Bertha too though)
  • Options
    crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    I think he made the perfect public response and fairplay to him.

But what choice did he have really? He's a working comedian who (unlike the less well balanced one) has to come across to the public as humourous whilst gracious and not buy into bitching about his (ex)co-partner. End of the day, he's probably furious with Sheen like most colleagues would be and he's probably hoping they will get their show back somehow.

Speaking of which, I wish they'd show re-runs of Two and a Half Men right back from the beginning - I'd only started watching a few months ago, and it is REALLY funny. I'd like to see it going back to when Jake was little.
  • Options
    ValderyValdery Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he plays the perfect role to Charlie Sheen and without him the show may not have been or be so great and funny.

However, Charlie Sheen appears to be "not well" and if that is all he can disparage him with "being a Troll :D), then he must be a good person to work with. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The funniest thing about it is Sheen's new word and his response 'apol' - I can't remember the exact words, but when shown the clip Sheen responded - something along the lines of :

"Oh, I didn't really mean to call him a troll I was just in a bad mood and looking to lash out on someone and I didn't think they'd print it .... well yes I did know they would .... but anyway I didn't really mean it...... but I sort of did. I offer my apologies. Well you know, not a full apology, a sort of half hearted apology. An 'apol'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sheen was indulged for so long that he must be utterly perplexed that the people whose careers he helped "in his mind" are all turning against them. Even family members have been relatively quiet. I suspect behind the two girlfriends there is a very lonely sad man.
  • Options
    kira neryskira nerys Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he made the perfect public response and fairplay to him.

But what choice did he have really? He's a working comedian who (unlike the less well balanced one) has to come across to the public as humourous whilst gracious and not buy into bitching about his (ex)co-partner. End of the day, he's probably furious with Sheen like most colleagues would be and he's probably hoping they will get their show back somehow.

Speaking of which, I wish they'd show re-runs of Two and a Half Men right back from the beginning - I'd only started watching a few months ago, and it is REALLY funny. I'd like to see it going back to when Jake was little.

They do occaisionally,hopefully you will catch them,because you absolutely have to see the "squab" episode,it is imo the funniest episode ever,I have seen it numerous times and it still makes me LOL every single time,it really is the funniest thing ever:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kira nerys wrote: »
    They do occaisionally,hopefully you will catch them,because you absolutely have to see the "squab" episode,it is imo the funniest episode ever,I have seen it numerous times and it still makes me LOL every single time,it really is the funniest thing ever:D:D:D

Comedy Central on Sky has them on constant repeat at the moment. And the squab episode was repeated recently. I had no idea what squab was and had to google it (it's a young pigeon). Truly the funniest episode of the entire run!!!
  • Options
    MadonnaMIXMadonnaMIX Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    Nice one John :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ruth77 wrote: »
    Comedy Central on Sky has them on constant repeat at the moment. And the squab episode was repeated recently. I had no idea what squab was and had to google it (it's a young pigeon). Truly the funniest episode of the entire run!!!

I've been recording them on my V+ but they don't seem to be showing the early series. I keep noticing Charlie always saying 'you've lived in my house for SIX YEARS' and yesterday there was an episode where he said 'seven years', so I'd really like to see them from the start.

Anyhow there were about 8 on today so that's my square eyes sorted for tonight! I def haven't seen anything about a squab!

Can't help noticing how TINY Jon Cryer is on that chat show, he's miniscule, his suit was drowning him too. I did start to wonder how they would pan out 'Two and a Half Men' when Jake started looking bigger than both Charlie and his dad.... closer to Berta indeed.
  • Options
    Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I love Alan in two & a half men - maybe we will see a spin off of just him and jake - now that would be funny ( would need Bertha too though)

Well they could do a role reversal where Jake and his school friend, Aldridge (is that his name?) have gone to college and for some stupid reason Alan has to live with them and it's the goofy fuddyduddy dad ruining the cool young kids fun or something?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well they could do a role reversal where Jake and his school friend, Aldridge (is that his name?) have gone to college and for some stupid reason Alan has to live with them and it's the goofy fuddyduddy dad ruining the cool young kids fun or something?

Then judging by the ever increasing size of Jake and the diminutive form of Cryer they could still call it Two and a Half Men.

Before all this Sheen insanity I was actually wondering how they can continue the show now Jake is bigger than the both of the Men and would be due to leave school soon. I was thinking it would come to a natural end.

Maybe this insane behaviour is all planned to eeeeeek out and milk the end of what was always going to be a show that is over? Conspiracy theory...
  • Options
    Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    ^ I was thinking along those lines, it's a bit like "How I met your mother" there's only so much of the story left.

How much longer would Jake be "half" a man.

Unless they were going to do something stupid like have Charlie's long lost son show up or Alan actually get to know his daughter and change the show to three men and a little lady rip off.
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a brilliant way.

Because we all know how this is going to end..sheen will be in rehab do the tours of the Studios
    everything is forgiven.

he's got his point of view over without anyneed for a public sorry from himself for anything said.
    really clever way of handling this situation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jake is nearly Two and a Half Men all by himself. Talk about bad casting.

There's Jon Cryer, the world's smallest living man, Charlie Sheen not exactly 6ft tall and they cast a chubby blonde kid who regardless is a very unlikely offspring of the small built Judith and all have dark hair. I'm guessing he looked pretty cute when he was 4yrs old but did no-one check that Angus T wasn't from a 6ft 4 naturally blonde hefty Canadian sized gene pool and consider where it was all going to end up?

I guess if they continued the show they'd have to have a feckless Charlie getting into constant scrapes whilst hostile teens cause chaos in his house and Alan turns to a nervous wreck but it's only got so much shelf-life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    oathy wrote: »
    Its a brilliant way.

Because we all know how this is going to end..sheen will be in rehab do the tours of the Studios
    everything is forgiven.

he's got his point of view over without anyneed for a public sorry from himself for anything said.
    really clever way of handling this situation.

Its either really clever or the man really is utterly bonkers. Can't make my mind up. If he's utterly bonkers he's gonna have trouble finding a rehab that will accept his refusal to submit to the 12-step programme and end up more like strapped down to a gurney a la Britney.