Who is ACTUAL music royalty?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
Forum Member
✭✭
Well in recent times, every new female singer is deemed to be a 'pop princess', but I'm just interested to see who everyone deems a definitive member of the pop royal family and your reasons why!!:D

Comments

• Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    There Are Two Ways Of Looking At This;

1. You give the titles to whoever is the biggest at the moment. So that would make Lady GaGa The Queen right now. I like to think this is the case. Madonna and Britney Spears are just major names now - they don't need titles. I don't call Elvis The King Of Rock'n'Roll, he's just Elvis, it's implied.

2. You have a ''permanent'' title family. This works for fans of Artists in it, so I don't like this. I think the general point in this is that MJ is the King, Madonna is the Queen and Britney is the Princess.

It's up to you!:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    Lady GaGa is pop royalty, whether you like her music or not...
    Beyonce ~ no one can sing like her AND dance as well LIVE.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's Queen Bey for a reason! Lady Gaga and Britney also I'd say, and obviously Madonna (though personally I'm not a huge fan)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=Mr. Fahrenheit;49552978
    1. You give the titles to whoever is the biggest at the moment. So that would make Lady GaGa The Queen right now. I like to think this is the case. Madonna and Britney Spears are just major names now - they don't need titles. I don't call Elvis The King Of Rock'n'Roll, he's just Elvis, it's implied.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prince?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Depends which stan you ask. ;)
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lady Gaga
    Madonna
    Elton John
    Michael Jackson
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MJ, Madonna, Elvis, Britney. They have the titles anyway. I think a few others like Mariah Carey should be included.
  • ghettoBLASTER!ghettoBLASTER! Posts: 5,220
    Forum Member
    Madonna
    Michael Jackson

They are the king and queen and will never be matched.

With them up there though are Whitney, Mariah, Elton, Elvis, EminEm, Britney, Beyonce. You also have the diva's like Chaka, Etta and Nina.

I don't think Lady Gaga is near enough yet. Its too early. If she is still going in ten years then she can join them. imho.
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still think it's too early to call Gaga 'royalty'. I mean she's one of my current faves but she's not quite there yet. :p

For Me it'd have to be

King: Michael Jackson
    Queen: Madonna
    Princess: Britney Spears

There's a lot of answers that JT is the 'prince'... but that's not my opinion haha. I'm not sure who would be prince... I mean you could say Prince? But he's not 'young' enough if you're going by actual age groups here haha.
    Someone said Justin Bieber too, I nearly wet myself! :D
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Not that I'm a massive fan TBH but anyone who doesn't think Sir Macca is pop royalty needs to have a good talk with themselves, lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right now I would say the people who can be considered music royalty are: (significantly): MJ (RIP), Madonna, Britney, Mariah, Whitney, Elton, The Beatles, (recent additions to that list): Lady Gaga, Beyonce and Rihanna...they have potential to be icons in the future.

Christina is still a name, though at the moment not huge enough to be considered pop royalty any more. Katy Perry and Ke$ha - successful but haven't contributed anything really significant to the music scene that wasn't already there. Bieber.....please *bursts out laughing*
  • ghettoBLASTER!ghettoBLASTER! Posts: 5,220
    Forum Member
    x_bibs93_x wrote: »
    Right now I would say the people who can be considered music royalty are: (significantly): MJ (RIP), Madonna, Britney, Mariah, Whitney (recent additions to that list): Lady Gaga, Beyonce and Rihanna

Christina is still a name, though at the moment not huge enough to be considered pop royalty any more. Katy Perry and Ke$ha - successful but haven't contributed anything really significant to the music scene that wasn't already there. Bieber.....please *bursts out laughing*

Sorry, and I love Gaga, but her and Rihanna are no where near pop royalty yet. They both need another 10 years to be even considered.

Look at Justin Timberlake as the perfect example. People thought he WAS the new Michael Jackson. It all went tits up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, and I love Gaga, but her and Rihanna are no where near pop royalty yet. They both need another 10 years to be even considered.

Look at Justin Timberlake as the perfect example. People thought he WAS the new Michael Jackson. It all went tits up.

I recently edited my post to say that they do have the potential at the moment to become icons if they prove themselves to have significant success and longetivity. In 10 years time, yes it may well be different.
  • KanjiManKanjiMan Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Noel Gallagher. :) Creator of songs that a generation will sing and enjoy for ever. With new fans finding his music each and every year :):)
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    Paparazzo and Heather Small.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm amazed that nobody has said The Saturdays:D
  • ValereValere Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Beatles
    Queen
    The Rolling Stones
    Madonna
    Elvis Presley
    Michael Jackson
    Kate Bush
    David Bowie
    Elton John
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alesha Dixon
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm amazed that nobody has said The Saturdays:D

Or Girls Aloud.....or :eek: The Spice Girls!!! (how could we forget them? I think they deserve a mention :D)
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Of those still alive I'd say :

David Bowie.
    Elton John.
    Macca.
    Madonna.
    Mick Jagger.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Of those still alive I'd say :

David Bowie.
    Elton John.
    Macca.
    Madonna.
    Mick Jagger.

This.

For those not alive, I'd add Elvis and Jacko.

I don't think any other female has had or will ever have the impact Madonna did whether people dismiss the merit of her talent or not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael Jackson
    Madonna
    Spice Gilrs
    Britney Spears
    Lady Gaga
    Mariah Carey
    Whitney
    Janet Jackson
    Usher
    Rihanna
  • ValereValere Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I should list Debbie Harry as well, I think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neel wrote: »
    Prince?

I like the title he had at one point "His Royal Badness" or did you mean someone as the title of prince rather than the artist Prince?