Don't like someone at work

JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
Forum Member
✭✭✭
A new person has started and she seems a bit smug and won't listen properly. What can I do to subtly annoy her in a way that she won't know it's me doing it?

Comments

• rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Piss in her tea?
  • JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think someone might notice if I did that. I might save it for if she really annoys me.
  • rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mess around with her computer if you can get access to it while she's away from it,
  • UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give her time to settle in properly. She may calm down a bit and you might even find that you really like her after all.
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jumbobones wrote: »
    A new person has started and she seems a bit smug and won't listen properly. What can I do to subtly annoy her in a way that she won't know it's me doing it?

Wow! What a bizarre response!
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member

Act like an adult, Kids hate that. Or are you not 9 years old?
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    I actively dislike someone at work and there's someone else I'm avoiding cause they are pregnant (yes I'm jealous been trying like forever)

I actively swap shifts and sites to avoid them

But in the end you just have to deal with it

You chose friends but not work mates
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,071
    Forum Member

Grow up and just get on with your work.
  • academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you considered therapy?
  • fi~fi~ Posts: 5,481
    Forum Member
    erm grow up maybe
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Grow up and just get on with your work.

Exactly, or you can quit and I will have it ;)
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Give the girl a chance, she's new. Don't make things difficult for her, that's mean.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take her pen whenever she leaves her desk, so she constantly has to get new ones

Adjust the height of her chair

Constantly get her name slightly wrong, e.g. if her name is Sarah call her Sara, even when corrected

Read her emails over her shoulder and comment loudly on them so other colleagues can hear

Make jokey remarks about how loud she is in the telephone to make her self conscious

...I write this assuming the OP is tongue in cheek, which I very much hope it is :p
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leave your handbag and other crap sitting on her desk in the morning then when she comes in, don't move it.

Someone does that to me and its slowly driving me insane
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crikey, give her time. Just because you don't like her it doesn't mean she's necessarily the one with the problem. It might be that you just don't hit it off with her personality 'type'. Or, she might just be acting 'bullish' because she's insecure inside. If she continues to pee you off, tell her to her face, rather than trying childish pranks to get to her. You're not at school any more. You can choose to deal with this like an adult or risk making yourself look like the one who's a PITA. If she's as arrogant as you suggest, she'll show herself up, in time, without your intervention.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I rather suspect many of your colleagues feel the same way about you!
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »
    Leave your handbag and other crap sitting on her desk in the morning then when she comes in, don't move it.

Someone does that to me and its slowly driving me insane

So when you come in, just sweep all her stuff onto the floor. Simples. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my life, why do I smile at people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?

Cause they pay me not to.
  • DanniLaMoneDanniLaMone Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You sound nice to work with.
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an unbelievably childish post! The people you work with may not be your choice but you dont have to go on holiday with them, just get on with them during working hours. What a way to welcome a new and unsettled in member of staff. I hope you get caught playing stupid pranks and get reported to HR.
  • Hildas HairnetHildas Hairnet Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If this is a serious post and I really hope it isnt, by following some of the 'advice' given would see you on a harrassment charge for bullying.

She's new, she'll be trying to fit in and learn new processess. You being arsey towards her is just horrible and childish
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is new you should give her a chance, if you cant then just ignore her.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So when you come in, just sweep all her stuff onto the floor. Simples. :D

She's a bit of a psycho and I don't want to awake the beast. She tells lies about people, hides important files etc...I'm hopefully not going to be in that branch too much longer thank God
  • bri160356bri160356 Posts: 5,147
    Forum Member

A few suggestions that will definitely work:-

Super-glue her office phone so she can’t pick it up.

Put her office stapler inside a large ‘jelly mould’.

Enlist the help of an office colleague to quiz her about her previous job, but do it subtly by utilizing ‘outrageous sexual innuendo’; she’s obviously so thick she’ll never twig it.

Good luck! ;-)
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    pugamo wrote: »
    She's a bit of a psycho and I don't want to awake the beast. She tells lies about people, hides important files etc...I'm hopefully not going to be in that branch too much longer thank God
    :o:o:o

I'd be inclined to leave her stuff where it is, in that case.