Pixie's exit from Strictly Come Dancing - the mega outrage thread (merged)

Comments

• StykerStyker Posts: 49,791
    Forum Member
    The judges praise people all the time for dances some of us think aren't as good. And Frankie may have got some praise but she was scored marks that landed her at the bottom of the leaderboard. So I'm not really sure what your point is here. It's not like they saved her in the dance off, because her fans PICKED UP THE PHONE AND VOTED FOR HER (sorry, didn't mean to yell, can't do emboldened on my phone).

Yes, she did look relieved to be through. As did every single one of them. So again, not sure what point you're trying to make.

As it happens, I thought she wasn't great on Saturday. Neither was Pixie (I have seen much better cha chas). But Pixie didn't get universal condemnation from every single judge and she WON the waltzathon - which put her in exalted 2nd place. Just because there was a three way tie beneath her doesn't mean that she was automatically in danger. There were 4 others below her.

Her fans did not vote in sufficient numbers, Simon was slightly better in the dance off and thus she was eliminated.

She isn't dead. She hasn't been exiled to Timbuctoo. She hasn't been abducted by aliens. She simply isn't going to appear in the next two shows. These things happen.

And if you didn't take the time out to vote for her, then I don't see how you have any right to complain. Your votes could have been the ones to ensure she stayed. You never know. So whose fault is it again???

Frankie got 2 9's I think, way over marked on that IMO! Yes I said it, IMO, but that should go without saying anyway. People should not have to spell things out.

Pixie's cha cha moves were really good and I've seen the judges wow about the likes of Susana Reid and other BBC stars on their cha cha's which were no were as good.
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coppertop1 wrote: »
    Quite a lot of us are sad she has left, however, it's Thursday now and we have let it go.
    I really loved your post and you made some beautifully defined points but - and I don't mean to be picky here...

...it's Wednesday. :D

And as a general remark, there are several posters who will go on about PixieBeingRobbed forevah if people continue to respond to them, however rationally. I think it's the time to let the desperately upset get over it all by themselves - each sensible post refuting their views is just oxygen to the obsession.
    Forum Member
    cherry pip wrote: »
    I have and again, Darcey did NOT shake her head. She stood with her hands cupped to her face because she was upset. I saw no head shaking. I can watch it repeatedly given I've kept it on our Sky Plus. I can't conjure a head shake if there isn't one and exaggerating a point when it's easy to dispel it, isn't productive.

It doesn't matter how many times Simon was in the DO, he danced the best when he needed to. Your digs at Len, Darcey, Simon and even Mark are fruitless. Is someone who takes 4 attempts to pass a driving test automatically worse than someone who passes first time? NO they aren't. Simon progressed through the shows, Pixie, as beautiful as she was at dancing, didn't, in my opinion.

What do you mean by 'split hair'?

i watched it again before posting too.
  • Mr CellophaneMr Cellophane Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    You must have looked away then because she did. After Pixie had been eliminated by the greatest dancer ever Len and Pixie was saying talking to Tessa is when she was.

On Webb, how many times has he been in the dance off then? Split hair about to come up here?

The English language seems to be another casualty of this week's Strictly.....
  • Mr CellophaneMr Cellophane Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »
    I really loved your post and you made some beautifully defined points but - and I don't mean to be picky here...

I've been reading about Pixie outrage since Sunday night - it feels like Thursday now...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i watched it again before posting too.

Ah, apologies. I was viewing the part where Darcey was cupping her face, you mean the part where all the judges applaud. Thank goodness that is sorted, I thought i was watching the wrong show.

I have to say though Styker, that Darcey's head shaking wasn't one of, 'oh no, what have I done'. It was, in my opinion, Darcey feeling sorry that Pixie was out. She had no choice and she chose who she believed was the better dancer, and that was Simon.
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankie got 2 9's I think, way over marked on that IMO! Yes I said it, IMO, but that should go without saying anyway. People should not have to spell things out.

Pixie's cha cha moves were really good and I've seen the judges wow about the likes of Susana Reid and other BBC stars on their cha cha's which were no were as good.

With the proviso that comparing dances from different series is a bit fruitless as they can only really be seen in the context of the week they are danced, whatever the comments were for Susanna, she scored 7's and 8's had a total of 31 and was joint 5th on the leaderboard out of 8. Whoever she worked for at the time, I don't think they thought it that wow.
  • Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

However overmarked Frankie was, she still ended up AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LEADER BOARD (at least before the waltzathon)!!!!!! So your point (whatever the heck it is) is moot. It's where they end up on the leaderboard at the end of the show that matters in the final analysis and Pixie was elevated to second. If her fans had voted, she would not have been in the dance off.

If you didn't vote, then you only have yourself to blame. No-one else. You can complain all you want but the fact is that she didn't receive the votes and her cha cha was not as good as it should have been, whereas Simon's dance was. And how often they have been in the dance off should have no bearing if they are better on the night than their opponent. Which Simon was, by a slight edge.

So you either vote for your favourite or if you don't then don't come moaning to me if they don't make it through. I voted for my favourite and will continue to do so .... Because that is what we do to ensure they have a chance!
    Forum Member
    However overmarked Frankie was, she still ended up AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LEADER BOARD (at least before the waltzathon)!!!!!! So your point (whatever the heck it is) is moot. It's where they end up on the leaderboard at the end of the show that matters in the final analysis and Pixie was elevated to second. If her fans had voted, she would not have been in the dance off.

If you didn't vote, then you only have yourself to blame. No-one else. You can complain all you want but the fact is that she didn't receive the votes and her cha cha was not as good as it should have been, whereas Simon's dance was. And how often they have been in the dance off should have no bearing if they are better on the night than their opponent. Which Simon was, by a slight edge.

So you either vote for your favourite or if you don't then don't come moaning to me if they don't make it through. I voted for my favourite and will continue to do so .... Because that is what we do to ensure they have a chance!

Last time I'm going to make this point as people keep on asking me and are ignoring my response point......

The whole point of the dance off is to ensure that the best dancer is not eliminated by the public vote. That didn't happen on Saturday. Pixie was better than Simon in general and was on Saturday too. Yes thats opinion but I've watched enough of SCD to reaslie when a crazy decision has been made and again, Simon Webb himself said at the end of Saturdays show in the "outakes" that he was shocked to have been picked over Pixie as she was "awesome week in week out".

Now if you don't realise my points after that, you can go back and read all my posts on the matter.
  • Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last time I'm going to make this point as people keep on asking me and are ignoring my response point......

The whole point of the dance off is to ensure that the best dancer is not eliminated by the public vote. That didn't happen on Saturday. Pixie was better than Simon in general and was on Saturday too. Yes thats opinion but I've watched enough of SCD to reaslie when a crazy decision has been made and again, Simon Webb himself said at the end of Saturdays show in the "outakes" that he was shocked to have been picked over Pixie as she was "awesome week in week out".

Now if you don't realise my points after that, you can go back and read all my posts on the matter.

Your point is that in your opinion, Pixie was better. Len, Darcy and many other people on here do not agree (including people who TEACH dance). The criteria for putting someone through is supposed to be that they are better in the dance off ... Otherwise what the frack is the point of the dance off anyway???? You might just as well not bother to have it!

And again, if you didn't vote then you only have yourself to blame.

Really,your only point in all of this confuscation is that your favourite dancer left. That is it. And if you couldn't be bothered to pick up the phone or go on line to vote for your favourite dancer then that's your own fault.
  • Bedlam_maidBedlam_maid Posts: 5,922
    Forum Member
    I thought Pixie's cha-cha was one of her worst dances. The legs just weren't right. It's a shame that she did her worst dance in the week her fans didn't vote for her and she ended up in the DO with Simon at his best, but them's the breaks.
    Forum Member
    Your point is that in your opinion, Pixie was better. Len, Darcy and many other people on here do not agree (including people who TEACH dance). The criteria for putting someone through is supposed to be that they are better in the dance off ... Otherwise what the frack is the point of the dance off anyway???? You might just as well not bother to have it!

And again, if you didn't vote then you only have yourself to blame.

Really,your only point in all of this confuscation is that your favourite dancer left. That is it. And if you couldn't be bothered to pick up the phone or go on line to vote for your favourite dancer then that's your own fault.

My favourite was Alison actually as I could see the progress in her week on week as someone who's had no dance training before. Pixie I saw as the best dancer though. I have watched the dance off about 3 times now. Pixie was way better, the moves were better and sharper and better done than any of Simon's moves.

Now the likely winner will be either Caroline or Frankie and I think Caroline is better on the whole but I wouldn't be surprised if Frankie or Jake end up winning partly on a popularity basis rather than on a dancing basis.
  • Serenity.Serenity. Posts: 262
    Forum Member

I agree that the dance off should be there to save the best dancer, but it is up to the viewers to ensure that they aren't in the dance off in the first place. As you didn't vote for Pixie, I expect that is why other people take issue with what you are saying. There will always be occasions where we can't watch the show live, and the window for voting is usually only about 20 mins. But if you feel so strongly about a certain celebrity getting through, you can always vote online through your phone while out and about. If you choose not to vote, there is always the chance your favourite could be bottom two, and you can't rely on the judges to save them for you.
    Forum Member
    Serenity. wrote: »
    I agree that the dance off should be there to save the best dancer, but it is up to the viewers to ensure that they aren't in the dance off in the first place. As you didn't vote for Pixie, I expect that is why other people take issue with what you are saying. There will always be occasions where we can't watch the show live, and the window for voting is usually only about 20 mins. But if you feel so strongly about a certain celebrity getting through, you can always vote online through your phone while out and about. If you choose not to vote, there is always the chance your favourite could be bottom two, and you can't rely on the judges to save them for you.

I never vote on reality shows, not anymore anyway. I see it as a waste of money and I object to the BBC expecting people to register personal details to vote online. Sure I could lie about who I am but I don't do that, why don't the Beeb allow usernames like DS do?

When it comes to SCD, I expect the judges to call it right but the last 2 decisions have been wrong and yes imo but Sunetra as well was better in her dance off but they still kept Mark in. Judges are all over the place and unless next year celebs look really interesting like this years ones looked like then I think I will skip next year's shows and save the space on my sky box's hard drive.
  • coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »

I know now, what a delightful suprise, it comes from working shifts and going to bed after midnight, sometimes you get 2 Wednesday's, a real bonus when you don't have to work again till Thursday:D:D

And as a general remark, there are several posters who will go on about PixieBeingRobbed forevah if people continue to respond to them, however rationally. I think it's the time to let the desperately upset get over it all by themselves - each sensible post refuting their views is just oxygen to the obsession.

Yes I know , blame shift working again . Sometimes I have not quite engaged brain before typing :D
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never vote on reality shows, not anymore anyway. I see it as a waste of money and I object to the BBC expecting people to register personal details to vote online. Sure I could lie about who I am but I don't do that, why don't the Beeb allow usernames like DS do?

When it comes to SCD, I expect the judges to call it right but the last 2 decisions have been wrong and yes imo but Sunetra as well was better in her dance off but they still kept Mark in. Judges are all over the place and unless next year celebs look really interesting like this years ones looked like then I think I will skip next year's shows and save the space on my sky box's hard drive.

All the BBC asks for is your email address. You had to provide the same to register on DS.:confused:
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,169
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't have to repeat myself if people didn't stop quoting me and then ignoring the answers to the questions/points they make!

I'd like the mods to have a look at the massive amount of posts that are breaking the rules of not adding anything contrcutive to the threads and that are baiting too!

There would no need for the massive amount of posts if you listen to what everyone is trying to get through to you.

For whatever reason you and others didn't choose to vote she was in the D.O. so you really only have yourself to blame.

You really cannot accuse anyone of baiting just because they don't happen to agree with you.
  • poshnoshposhnosh Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The English language seems to be another casualty of this week's Strictly.....

It's not written in English, it's written in fluent flounce! :)
  • Bonnie96Bonnie96 Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    I've been reading about Pixie outrage since Sunday night - it feels like Thursday now...

Yep - January 8th and they're back at school, Thank the Lord!!
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, has Pixie gone? I hadn't noticed...^_^

Pixie Nott
  • Serenity.Serenity. Posts: 262
    Forum Member

But, with respect, the judges 'calling it right' depends on whether you agree with them! You only have to read the forum to see that people have very different ideas of who danced best. For example, judges (and loads on this forum) raved about Caroline's Argentine Tango, whereas I felt it was disappointing, tentative, and looked like she was completely disconnected from the dance (possibly because of personal problems it now transpires). Another example - I really don't like Mark's personality AT ALL but even I have to admit he was a far better dancer than Sunetra and deserved to stay.

I'm not baiting, I'm just trying to illustrate that the judges getting it right for you, may be the worst decision ever for another viewer. That's why we have to vote, so we can have our say. There's no point in saying she should have stayed if you didn't vote for her.
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the first dance Simon and Pixie were tied on 35.

Craig: Pixie 9; Simon 8.
    Darcy: Pixie 9; Simon 9
    Len: Pixie 8; Simon 9.
    Bruno; Pixie 9. Simon 9.

In the dance off the judges were consistent. with their earlier decisions.
    Craig and Len stuck with Pixie and Simon respectively.
    Darcy having given them both a 9 had to separate them and although it was no doubt a knife edge decision came down in favour of Simon. That shouldn't be too surprising and I certainly didn't see any indication that she had any regrets. Furthermore perhaps the fact that his DO was clean - no difficulty with the final lift played a part.
    Bruno in the same position as Darcy took into account past peformances. IMO this is wrong and unfair.

Although in weeks 1 and 2 Simon and Pixie tied on points, in subsequent weeks Pixie's experience and training kicked in whilst Simon had to rely on natural talent and hard work to progress and let's not forget he's had a difficult job winning over the voting public. Some posters talk about the DO being the vehicle by which the wheat is separated from the chaff. Simon was never bottom two on the leader board therefore the number of times he appeared in the DO is irrelevant. Those screaming for his head might do well to remember that.
  • londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    In the first dance Simon and Pixie were tied on 35.

Craig: Pixie 9; Simon 8.
    Darcy: Pixie 9; Simon 9
    Len: Pixie 8; Simon 9.
    Bruno; Pixie 9. Simon 9.

In the dance off the judges were consistent. with their earlier decisions.
    Craig and Len stuck with Pixie and Simon respectively.
    Darcy having given them both a 9 had to separate them and although it was no doubt a knife edge decision came down in favour of Simon. That shouldn't be too surprising and I certainly didn't see any indication that she had any regrets. Furthermore perhaps the fact that his DO was clean - no difficulty with the final lift played a part.
    Bruno in the same position as Darcy took into account past peformances. IMO this is wrong and unfair.

Although in weeks 1 and 2 Simon and Pixie tied on points, in subsequent weeks Pixie's experience and training kicked in whilst Simon had to rely on natural talent and hard work to progress and let's not forget he's had a difficult job winning over the voting public. Some posters talk about the DO being the vehicle by which the wheat is separated from the chaff. Simon was never bottom two on the leader board therefore the number of times he appeared in the DO is irrelevant. Those screaming for his head might do well to remember that.

Good post.
  • tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This is the the first and last time I am going to make this point -

re: BiB

*No she wasn't.

And to prove it, I'll say it again.

No she wasn't. *OPINION

P.S. I've watched lots and lots of SCD too...
  • MirlitonMirliton Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Hello (my first post)
    Ignazio wrote: »
    Bruno in the same position as Darcy took into account past peformances.

How do you know that? He didn't say anything to that effect.
    IMO this is wrong and unfair.

It's not unfair for me. I don't see any reason why the judges shouldn't be able to take into account everything they have seen over the season in arriving at their decision. The question 'who is the better dancer based on this one dance' is the wrong one; a better question is 'who is the better dancer based on everything I have seen'. This then takes away any bias caused by the lottery of which dances they have drawn on the night. The dance off dances wouldn't be meaningless - they would still provide a last chance to win over the votes of the judges.

This is a general comment and applies to all bottom two situations.