Katie Price and son Harvey on This Morning today

13»

Comments

• lewisHlewisH Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can we just put our feelings about KP to one side for a moment & look at Harvey playing the piano at the Royal Festival Hall.

What an absolute star!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/proud-mum-katie-price-praises-5347507

Aww just watched the video where he calls his mum babe. So lovely, comes over as a much loved and very happy boy.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can we just put our feelings about KP to one side for a moment & look at Harvey playing the piano at the Royal Festival Hall.

What an absolute star!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/proud-mum-katie-price-praises-5347507

Sweet clip, but I wish KP would stop this desperate "Look what a wonderful mum I am!" publicity drive! There's something very off-putting about the way she's parading Harvey around at the moment. She was supposedly going to keep her children out of the public eye - what happened to that?
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    lewisH wrote: »
    Aww just watched the video where he calls his mum babe. So lovely, comes over as a much loved and very happy boy.

He's adorable isn't he? If you've only seen the clip where he calls his Mum 'babe' I would recommend you watch the full interview, I'm there's a link to it on a thread in the BB forum.
  • lewisHlewisH Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's adorable isn't he? If you've only seen the clip where he calls his Mum 'babe' I would recommend you watch the full interview, I'm there's a link to it on a thread in the BB forum.

Thank you for the info. :) I will go and have a look.
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    Sweet clip, but I wish KP would stop this desperate "Look what a wonderful mum I am!" publicity drive! There's something very off-putting about the way she's parading Harvey around at the moment. She was supposedly going to keep her children out of the public eye - what happened to that?

I really think that Harvey shows the absolute best of her.
    I know that normally she'll stoop to almost any depths to publicise herself, but I think that in this particular case, it's much less "Look at me" and a bit more "Look at my fantastic son".
    I don't agree with ANY zelebs parading their children for the cameras, but I think that bearing in mind the amazing progress Harvey's made I'll give KP a ( temporary ) pass on this one.
    No doubt that by next week she will have said or done something monumentally daft and it'll be back to business as usual.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know that normally she'll stoop to almost any depths to publicise herself, but I think that in this particular case, it's much less "Look at me" and a bit more "Look at my fantastic son".
    I don't agree with ANY zelebs parading their children for the cameras, but I think that bearing in mind the amazing progress Harvey's made I'll give KP a ( temporary ) pass on this one.
    No doubt that by next week she will have said or done something monumentally daft and it'll be back to business as usual.

Nice balanced post AZ. I agree that, in this case, this isn't about her. I honestly think she's so proud of Harvey and how well he's progressed despite his initial bleak prognosis, that she wants to shout about him from the rooftops.

Like you, I don't agree with anyone selling their kids but I genuinely think this is about showing Harvey off rather than using him as an accessory to her self promotion.

I reserve the right to change my mind if the above post bites me in the arse at a later date but that's how it appears to me
    Forum Member
    lewisH wrote: »
    Thank you for the info. :) I will go and have a look.

In case you can't find it, this could be the full interview, I can't check as I'm not in the right area to view it.:)

http://www.itv.com/thismorning/hot-topics/katie-price-amy-price-harvey-price

I agree, she seems to lose that icy cold front when she's with Harvey & yep, that interview was nothing to do with her. IMHO, it was a proud Mum showing everyone how far her Son had progressed.

Of course she'll be back to normal soon, it was just pleasant to see her behave like a normal human being with feelings for a change.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member

I agree. It gives real hope to others after his early prognosis was so poor. He's a little star. She has a habit of pushing everything too far, though, so I hope she keeps up with these rare glimpses and doesn't start pushing him forward too much publicly.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. It gives real hope to others after his early prognosis was so poor. He's a little star. She has a habit of pushing everything too far, though, so I hope she keeps up with these rare glimpses and doesn't start pushing him forward too much publicly.

Completely agree Pip. I hope and pray that her pride in Harvey doesn't cross the line into her usual attention seeking and that this time she's doing it for all the right reasons
  • FrillynixFrillynix Posts: 6,497
    Forum Member
    Hmmbop wrote: »
    What I find rather tragic is that - the first time Harvey has been on screen in quite some time, and has obviously come on in leaps and bounds, due to the love and care of ALL his family, and the professionals who look after, educate and nurture him daily, is that the people who loathe his mum would rather comment on what they perceive to be her flaws, and how she is merely a (rich) bystander in the raising of this lovely young man, rather than commenting on how incredible he's turned out, despite such a terrible prognosis all those years ago. That doesn't happen by accident. His family should feel very proud, they've done an incredible job.

Says a lot!

Great post. I'm not a fan and rarely in this section of DS, and am somewhat bemused by the vitriol towards her in a thread simply about Harveys progress, she really seems to get a lot of folk quite hot under the collar.
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frillynix wrote: »
    Great post. I'm not a fan and rarely in this section of DS, and am somewhat bemused by the vitriol towards her in a thread simply about Harveys progress, she really seems to get a lot of folk quite hot under the collar.

I think it's because she usually has some kind of hidden agenda - in this case though, I genuinely think it's to simply celebrate the adorable Harvey's progress & achievements like any proud Mum.
  • FrillynixFrillynix Posts: 6,497
    Forum Member

Well from my peperspective, I remember how cmplex his needs were and to see him publicly doing so well could give hope to folk going through similar complex caring needs for their children. My nephew shares similar issues to Harvey although he is much younger and my Sister in Law remarked that it was great to see him so well and happy.

While I'm no fan of KP, I feel this cant be a "bad" thing.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find so many posts in this thread so sad. It comes across as if some don't realise the extent of Harvey's problems, and simply how amazing it is that he is as well adjusted, happy, clever, endearing etc as he is. That is down to everyone involved. His carers, his nan, his siblings etc but mostly his mum. She clearly has a very strong bond with him and as others have said, seems to be the only one able to calm him down when he is in a temper. People act as if she is doing something wrong by having family and carers help, when it is completely the right thing for everyone to be involved in Harvey's care and upbringing.

Harvey was born towards the start of her career, before she knew just quite how successful she would go on to be, yet she never shirked her responsibilties to him and never asked for any sympathy. I have no doubt that Katie would be as hands on even without the money she has earnt, so I find that point completely irrelevant.

On the subject of "What happened to keeping her kids our of the spotlight?" - she's never kept Harvey out of the spotlight. He has always been on her shows, even when she stopped including Princess and Junior. She has always wanted to highlight Harvey and the issues he and they face, and bring attention to it. And I have no issue with that at all. I would argue that not hiding him away, not being ashamed of him, treating like any other child, has helped his development.
  • mvlocamvloca Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't doubt that she loves her children (as much as it's possible for such an emotionally stunted person to love anyone), but that doesn't make her a great mum. Nor does it make her any better than millions of other mums all over the country, who are raising their children without the benefit of millions of £££ and an army of nannies/carers. So why people keep falling over themselves to praise her, I have no idea. It's absolutely laughable!

I really wish that This Morning would stop having her on the show (ditto Loose Women and all the other TV shows who would rather celebrate brainless fame-**** like Price, Katona and the TOWIE lot than people who actually possess talent and/or have achieved something).

I really can't stand her either but I can't slag her off for this. I mean, of course she's done other stuff which can't be good for him (like bringing endless men through the house) but in terms of raising him she has done a great job. I'm sure she's got a team of nannies around him but it doesn't make her any less worthy than a single mum doing it tight. You can't say "oh well your achievement doesn't mean as much because you've got money" I don't think's fair either.

Rather than slagging the likes KP off I think we'd be better to say "OK, so how can we help the struggling mum to raise her child so he is doing the best he can like Harvey is able to"
  • viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member

What an absolute star!

Is there any video to go with this? I need video!
    mvloca wrote: »
    Rather than slagging the likes KP off I think we'd be better to say "OK, so how can we help the struggling mum to raise her child so he is doing the best he can like Harvey is able to"

That's a really good point. Particularly with an election coming up and cuts to so many crucial services, Harvey serves as a great reminder of what can be achieved when the support services for those with disabilities are in place. And properly funded and supported. His school I'm sure has played a huge part also in his development (and that of all those who attend) so he's reflecting not just his own amazing progress but also the crucial work of those who are committed to giving people with disabilities the means to shine and achieve.

Harvey's visibility can throw such a positive and meaningful light on the bigger funding picture for all the 'Harveys' out there for whom support services are crucial.
  • CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember seeing a documentary about her many years ago on the BBC. It was in the early days when Harvey was a toddler and being diagnosed with all his complex difficulties. I didn't know much about her at the time apart from the fact that she was constantly in the papers in skimpy clothes and pissed.

As I watched the documentary I thought - underneath her public persona - is an incredible strong and resourceful woman. She took Harvey's challenges in her stride and just got on with what she had to do. There was a lot of uncertainty about his sight and disability - but she just loved him for what he was and accepted his disability without any self pity or letting the enormity of what the future may hold - overwhelm her.

It was really apparent on the This Morning interview what a loved and lovable boy he is. Despite the chaos of his mother's love life he is secure and happy and she deserves credit for that.
    Forum Member
    Is there any video to go with this? I need video!

I can't find any unfortunately, I've searched for it as that wee guy always puts a smile on my face & I'd loved to have seen him play.

KP must have been bursting with pride, if I'd been her, my husband would have resorted to sitting on me to contain me.:blush:
    Forum Member
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    I find so many posts in this thread so sad. It comes across as if some don't realise the extent of Harvey's problems, and simply how amazing it is that he is as well adjusted, happy, clever, endearing etc as he is. That is down to everyone involved. His carers, his nan, his siblings etc but mostly his mum. She clearly has a very strong bond with him and as others have said, seems to be the only one able to calm him down when he is in a temper. People act as if she is doing something wrong by having family and carers help, when it is completely the right thing for everyone to be involved in Harvey's care and upbringing.

Harvey was born towards the start of her career, before she knew just quite how successful she would go on to be, yet she never shirked her responsibilties to him and never asked for any sympathy. I have no doubt that Katie would be as hands on even without the money she has earnt, so I find that point completely irrelevant.

On the subject of "What happened to keeping her kids our of the spotlight?" - she's never kept Harvey out of the spotlight. He has always been on her shows, even when she stopped including Princess and Junior. She has always wanted to highlight Harvey and the issues he and they face, and bring attention to it. And I have no issue with that at all. I would argue that not hiding him away, not being ashamed of him, treating like any other child, has helped his development.
    mvloca wrote: »
    I really can't stand her either but I can't slag her off for this. I mean, of course she's done other stuff which can't be good for him (like bringing endless men through the house) but in terms of raising him she has done a great job. I'm sure she's got a team of nannies around him but it doesn't make her any less worthy than a single mum doing it tight. You can't say "oh well your achievement doesn't mean as much because you've got money" I don't think's fair either.

CFCJM1 wrote: »
    I remember seeing a documentary about her many years ago on the BBC. It was in the early days when Harvey was a toddler and being diagnosed with all his complex difficulties. I didn't know much about her at the time apart from the fact that she was constantly in the papers in skimpy clothes and pissed.

As I watched the documentary I thought - underneath her public persona - is an incredible strong and resourceful woman. She took Harvey's challenges in her stride and just got on with what she had to do. There was a lot of uncertainty about his sight and disability - but she just loved him for what he was and accepted his disability without any self pity or letting the enormity of what the future may hold - overwhelm her.

It was really apparent on the This Morning interview what a loved and lovable boy he is. Despite the chaos of his mother's love life he is secure and happy and she deserves credit for that.

Agree with all the above.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was an absolute delight in that interview, as were Katie and her mum (can't believe I'm saying that!).

In yer stupid, ignorant face, Frankie Boyle!
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lozenger wrote: »
    I think it's because she usually has some kind of hidden agenda - in this case though, I genuinely think it's to simply celebrate the adorable Harvey's progress & achievements like any proud Mum.

I agree with you Loz, I know Harvey will always have challenging times ahead but there is a strong bond between him KP and his gran which was lovely to see. I hope Harvey continues to flourish. Its one think KP and her mother have every right to be proud of.
  • Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    Really don't like her, and won't lose sight of the fact that she does have a lot of help so I do get irritated when people compare her to working class mums with disabled children - but I think her genine love for Harvey shines through and whilst I don't particularly congratulate her on what she can provide Harvey with, I think the way she is with him is excellent. You can't buy that.