World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXXVII (Spoilers)

Comments

• dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    I did enjoy seeing Chyna in TNA, was suprised she was allowed to use a WWE name in there or did she just change the middle letter to I?

She didnt do too bad in Japan.

Funny how Russo created a character called Asia given its another country name.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    FMKK wrote: »
    I think this is crossing the line somewhat. The woman clearly has severe mental issues and I really don't think you can blame people for their mental health problems. I also believe that these stem from a pretty rough upbringing. Now, has Chyna done things that have made it worse for herself? Undoubtably. But to say that she is totally to blame for her mental issues is a bit much.

I don't think the drugs help with the mental issues how bad are they when she is clean

Don't get we wrong I get mental issues I have them myself spent time in the nut house after a sucide attepmt.

I know about rough upbringings to as I said I only hate one person and it is my Dad as he was alcholic and abusive.

But I still feel her problems are self inflicted and if she really wanted help she would get it.
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've noticed in the last the year or so WWE becoming less PG. More curse words in promos, blood here and there. More, dare i say it, attitude. More badass characters etc....

Also, reminiscent of the AE, smaller titles are now being cared about, held by big names. I may be getting ahead of myself, but after a brilliant Mania, and Raw, could WWE be heading away from the 'reality/PG' era and on to a new 'no nonsense' era?
  • Anvil1984Anvil1984 Posts: 2,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right sorry for going over lasts nights ground but 2 points

A) whos let Byron Saxton do half the show solo....?
    B) why do they keep "tweaking" NXT stars? Adrian Neville has a first name! A hometown (NEWCASTLE ENGLAND) and does not need a bloody Cape
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the drugs help with the mental issues how bad are they when she is clean

Don't get we wrong I get mental issues I have them myself spent time in the nut house after a sucide attepmt.

I know about rough upbringings to as I said I only hate one person and it is my Dad as he was alcholic and abusive.

But I still feel her problems are self inflicted and if she really wanted help she would get it.

But surely the mental issues lie behind her drug use.

I understand that if she wants help, it's eventually going to have to be her that breaks the cycle for herself but it's not exactly as easily done as said.
    Forum Member
    HaloJoe wrote: »
    I've noticed in the last the year or so WWE becoming less PG. More curse words in promos, blood here and there. More, dare i say it, attitude. More badass characters etc....

Also, reminiscent of the AE, smaller titles are now being cared about, held by big names. I may be getting ahead of myself, but after a brilliant Mania, and Raw, could WWE be heading away from the 'reality/PG' era and on to a new 'no nonsense' era?

I really hope we will see the IC and US belt held up to high prestige like it used to be as those belts used to hold as much class as the World belt was.
  • AgeOfTheGeekAgeOfTheGeek Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HaloJoe wrote: »

Sshhhhhhhhh! You mustn't speak of it! We all did last year and look what happened!
    Forum Member
    Anvil1984 wrote: »
    Right sorry for going over lasts nights ground but 2 points

A) whos let Byron Saxton do half the show solo....?
    B) why do they keep "tweaking" NXT stars? Adrian Neville has a first name! A hometown (NEWCASTLE ENGLAND) and does not need a bloody Cape

WWE has a habit of thinking everyone needs to be a character and not themselves.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sshhhhhhhhh! You mustn't speak of it! We all did last year and look what happened!

you wouldn't listen to me back then. glad you have learnt from your mistakes.
  • hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Seeing Vince Russo tear up was quite a sight but I understand it. I think for him, he Skypes with her everday and he sees her drinking her wine and knows she's just hitting the bottle everyday and you can't help someone who's at the other side of the world. If you know someone is in a bad way and then you hear the bad news that they are dead that is one thing but if you are talking to someone on a daily basis and you can see they are in a bad way I suppose that's worse. It's just like watching someone kill themself. No different than living with an alcholic and I'm sure everyone either has one in their family or knows one. Not a nice atmosphere to be around.

And he never said don't put the kid in the Hall of Fame. He just said how can you be so nice to this kid, basically it's all Stephanie and Triple H, they're the ones getting their names mentioned and their faces on TV, Vince is smarter than that. How can you do all these good things for the sick kids and the charities and at the same time keep putting people down that have problems, it's the complete opposite of what you are doing with people that don't have long to live.

Some of his video was funny though like being angry that there were 16 speeches. 8 speeches from the inductors and 8 from those being inducted and no one thanked God lol.

And then he was angry about Alundra Blaze taking a cheap shot at him by pulling the bra and panties out of the trash can and asking who thought of this, even though she talked to him on the phone 2 weeks ago and had her on his podcast and there was never any heat. I do agree with him that it is the wrestling business. No doubt she was scripted to do that with the trash can but going along with it is a bit of a low blow.

Roddy Piper had him on his podcast and Piper revealed in a phone call before the podcast that his reason for heat with Russo stems back to WCW when Russo and Ferrara went there and Russo didn't get to Roddy first. It was Ed Ferrara that introduced himself and shook Piper's hand first. Russo was in charge of Creative and in essence Ferrara's boss so Piper thought the boss should be the one to introduce themselves first lol.

And then there's the one about TNA wanting to bring Rena Mero in who had married Brock Lesnar in the mid 2000s. Russo had stayed friends with her since the WWF and called her up on her home number and a guy answered the phone, they got Rena and they talked about bringing her in to TNA. Kurt Angle then calls Vince Russo and asks what he said to make Brock Lesnar so mad. Russo didn't know the man on the phone was Lesnar and Kurt informed him that anytime Brock speaks to someone he expects that person to formally introduce themself and show him respect lol.

But of course Lesnar didn't say that to Russo on the phone.
    Just like Piper went 16 years without telling Russo about the handshake.
    Just like Madusa being friendly on the phone to Russo but taking a cheap shot at him at the HOF.
    Just like Ric Flair burying him for years in interviews and in his book yet was polite for 3 years in TNA.
    We can even talk about Punk and his willingness to keep wrestling even with his infection on his back and his concussion and not going home to stay home and get better.

This is the wrestling business! lol. This is why Russo laughs, this is why people like me laugh. These people don't say anything to your face, they talk behind your back. You can go years and years having heat with people for the silliest of reasons and you would never know it because they never tell you to your face. Like all the people that bashed Russo's booking but never once told him to his face they didn't like what he wrote for them. It's like another planet! Seriously who does that? What other work environment or job would you be in where that happens?

And i think that's why a lot of people in the business hate Russo. They don't like the fact that not only did he give people a shot, especially a lot of midcarders, and especially giving them gimmicks that to this day many use on the indie circuit but he can live without wrestling. He created characters and stories that wrestlers still use to this day or that is what they are remembered for. I don't think people in the business like someone that can live outside it and enjoy music and movies and comic books and watch real sports and the thing with Alundra just proved it again, it's like everyone waits for the phone call from the almighty Vince McMahon! And when he summons you then you bury everyone and do as your told.

And another thing he riffed on one time was the whole thing about everyone has to shake each others hands at the arena, from wrestlers to people building the ring and the set to office people, they all need to shake hands and then when the show is over they all shake hands again before they leave lol. Russo said I don't care whether someone shakes my hand or not but they'll bury you if you don't shake theirs but of course being that they are wrestlers..........they never ever tell you to their face. It's sad in a way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do we think the next PPV is going to shape up after last night?

Four-way for the IC title,
    Cena vs Rusev in a stipulation match for the US title,
    Lucha Dragons vs Kidd and Cesaro for the tag titles,

Not sure whether they do a triple threat for the WWE title or whether they do Orton vs Reigns number one contender match on TV and then set up a different feud for Roman at the PPV.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,975
    Forum Member
    Just rewatched that Stephanie/Renee segment and I love it. I really like Renee too.
    Forum Member
    How do we think the next PPV is going to shape up after last night?

Four-way for the IC title,
    Cena vs Rusev in a stipulation match for the US title,
    Lucha Dragons vs Kidd and Cesaro for the tag titles,

Not sure whether they do a triple threat for the WWE title or whether they do Orton vs Reigns number one contender match on TV and then set up a different feud for Roman at the PPV.

I'd go number one contender probably. But then what does Rollins do?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hope we will see the IC and US belt held up to high prestige like it used to be as those belts used to hold as much class as the World belt was.

I think we will. Cena and Bryan both winning the titles at Mania is telling. They even made a silly new T-Shirt for Cena. And had a vignette with Bryan being congratulated by legit IC legends at Mania.

It's the best thing WWE have done in years for those titles. It's looking very positive imo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd go number one contender probably. But then what does Rollins do?

I meant a number one contender match on Raw and maybe someone can interfere so Orton wins and that sets up a match for Reigns with whoever runs in (probably Big Show FFS.)
    Forum Member
    I meant a number one contender match on Raw and maybe someone can interfere so Orton wins and that sets up a match for Reigns with whoever runs in (probably Big Show FFS.)

Ohhh. Yeah do that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hazydayz wrote: »
    Seeing Vince Russo tear up was quite a sight but I understand it. I think for him, he Skypes with her everday and he sees her drinking her wine and knows she's just hitting the bottle everyday and you can't help someone who's at the other side of the world. If you know someone is in a bad way and then you hear the bad news that they are dead that is one thing but if you are talking to someone on a daily basis and you can see they are in a bad way I suppose that's worse. It's just like watching someone kill themself. No different than living with an alcholic and I'm sure everyone either has one in their family or knows one. Not a nice atmosphere to be around.

And he never said don't put the kid in the Hall of Fame. He just said how can you be so nice to this kid, basically it's all Stephanie and Triple H, they're the ones getting their names mentioned and their faces on TV, Vince is smarter than that. How can you do all these good things for the sick kids and the charities and at the same time keep putting people down that have problems, it's the complete opposite of what you are doing with people that don't have long to live.

Some of his video was funny though like being angry that there were 16 speeches. 8 speeches from the inductors and 8 from those being inducted and no one thanked God lol.

And then he was angry about Alundra Blaze taking a cheap shot at him by pulling the bra and panties out of the trash can and asking who thought of this, even though she talked to him on the phone 2 weeks ago and had her on his podcast and there was never any heat. I do agree with him that it is the wrestling business. No doubt she was scripted to do that with the trash can but going along with it is a bit of a low blow.

Roddy Piper had him on his podcast and Piper revealed in a phone call before the podcast that his reason for heat with Russo stems back to WCW when Russo and Ferrara went there and Russo didn't get to Roddy first. It was Ed Ferrara that introduced himself and shook Piper's hand first. Russo was in charge of Creative and in essence Ferrara's boss so Piper thought the boss should be the one to introduce themselves first lol.

And then there's the one about TNA wanting to bring Rena Mero in who had married Brock Lesnar in the mid 2000s. Russo had stayed friends with her since the WWF and called her up on her home number and a guy answered the phone, they got Rena and they talked about bringing her in to TNA. Kurt Angle then calls Vince Russo and asks what he said to make Brock Lesnar so mad. Russo didn't know the man on the phone was Lesnar and Kurt informed him that anytime Brock speaks to someone he expects that person to formally introduce themself and show him respect lol.

Just like Madusa being friendly on the phone to Russo but taking a cheap shot at him at the HOF.
    Just like Ric Flair burying him for years in interviews and in his book yet was polite for 3 years in TNA.
    We can even talk about Punk and his willingness to keep wrestling even with his infection on his back and his concussion and not going home to stay home and get better.

This is the wrestling business! lol. This is why Russo laughs, this is why people like me laugh. These people don't say anything to your face, they talk behind your back. You can go years and years having heat with people for the silliest of reasons and you would never know it because they never tell you to your face. Like all the people that bashed Russo's booking but never once told him to his face they didn't like what he wrote for them. It's like another planet! Seriously who does that? What other work environment or job would you be in where that happens?

And i think that's why a lot of people in the business hate Russo. They don't like the fact that not only did he give people a shot, especially a lot of midcarders, and especially giving them gimmicks that to this day many use on the indie circuit but he can live without wrestling. He created characters and stories that wrestlers still use to this day or that is what they are remembered for. I don't think people in the business like someone that can live outside it and enjoy music and movies and comic books and watch real sports and the thing with Alundra just proved it again, it's like everyone waits for the phone call from the almighty Vince McMahon! And when he summons you then you bury everyone and do as your told.

And another thing he riffed on one time was the whole thing about everyone has to shake each others hands at the arena, from wrestlers to people building the ring and the set to office people, they all need to shake hands and then when the show is over they all shake hands again before they leave lol. Russo said I don't care whether someone shakes my hand or not but they'll bury you if you don't shake theirs but of course being that they are wrestlers..........they never ever tell you to their face. It's sad in a way.

in brocks book he mentiones he hates that tradition of shaking hands and didnt want to do it. lol hypocrites all of them,and people buy it hahaha
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Just rewatched that Stephanie/Renee segment and I love it. I really like Renee too.

I think you can really tell how much she is a fan and just loves her job and being around wrestling.
  • Anvil1984Anvil1984 Posts: 2,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WWE has a habit of thinking everyone needs to be a character and not themselves.

It's just the tweaks they do on the main show add nothing. The outfit and facepaint to The Ascension, Nevilles Cape.. Just pointless. Let the wrestling do the talkimg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course, we've got to believe that everything Russo says about Brock is true and he isn't just looking for some cheap attention by name dropping the biggest star in wrestling, knowing that he won't respond.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha, just played THIS....Brought back some funny memories :D
  • goodol lsgoodol ls Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Did you even watch Wrestlemania? Thanks for your novel by the way. Its up there with Roddy Pipers autobiography for self aggrandisement.
  • hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    in brocks book he mentiones he hates that tradition of shaking hands and didnt want to do it. lol hypocrites all of them,and people buy it hahaha

Oh I believe it. It seems like wrestlers are some of the most paranoid people on the planet. Always worrying about their "spot". Competing when injured even though no one cares if they take time off. Too afraid to speak to your face about issues they have with you so they talk behind your back about you but then they could easily get heat with the people they are talking to about you and they will still keep smiling and so now no one knows who has heat with who and if so what for lol.

Brock needs to get real, and I mean that literally in a world of pantomime. Formally introduce yourself? Shake hands with everybody? That doesn't happen anywhere in any other job. Even the Brock thing, he said to Kurt Angle he wanted to grab Russo by the throat. Who says things like that? That's when you realise what kind of bubble they are in.

Do they not have hobbies? Go to the cinema? Go to concerts? Go to the theatre? Do they read books? Do they do anything? It's just that thing. That stereotypical thing that you get with wrestlers and muscle men. It's like Triple H and John Cena and Steve Austin and Hulk Hogan. There's nothing there except wrestling. Just wrestling on the mind 24/7. You couldn't even socialise with people like that or get a laugh. Even Vince on that podcast thing going on about pushing people into his pool and the look they have when they realise they are in the air.............seriously? I could sit for hours and tell you dirty jokes and funny stories. And that's the kind of stigma posh people have right? This no personality, very wooden, can't laugh at anything way of life. It's teetering on not normal. Those are the kind of people you need to watch. From your Lesnars to your John Cenas to your posh family. Weird weird people that can turn on you in instant. They don't think or act or live life the way we do.

And then you hear Russo talk about sitting down for 15 minutes and telling Christopher Daniels to his face no one cared about his fake fights but in his mind I bet old Christopher thought he was the bees knees with his flippy floppy moves. He wasn't smart enough to know that if people don't care about you as a person, they wont care about your matches. Like a robot. And that's why I said weeks ago and it still holds true. All the big characters in wrestling are either unemployed or working the indies. All the office staff from bookers to writers to managers to whatever, all the good ones with the good intentions are all blackballed by the big companies and the robots are employed. All the people like Russo who can enjoy the business and don't take it so seriously but want to make it better are replaced by people that will stab you in the back while staring you in the face. All the backstabbers and political people are employed. All the ones that never cared for politics or didn't need to politic are left with the fans looking in. Just sad. I'd even put Eric Bischoff's name in there. People that you might have hated or didn't like their booking or their version of wrestling but ultimately just wanted to make it better, they wanted everyone to love wrestling and talk about wrestling and enjoy wrestling and that should be everyones goal but they are kept far away from making a difference. I don't see why that makes them bad or allows all the heat they get from people in the business or fans. If you are in the business or a fan at home surely that's what you all want? Surely everyone would want there to be different kinds of wrestling and everyone to make money and have wrestling on TV and be able to enjoy it without being embaressed and have it be cool again.

I think most people hate WWE but no one else can do better and no one wants to see anyone else do better. It's like a clingy girlfriend lol. The boyfriend can go out drinking for days and be with other girls and she can slag him off but no one else can! That's my man. I'll change him! I can do it. Pfft.
    Forum Member
    Of course, we've got to believe that everything Russo says about Brock is true and he isn't just looking for some cheap attention by name dropping the biggest star in wrestling, knowing that he won't respond.

If WWE ever did stage a fight between Brock vs Russo in a cage match no interference no one else interfering in the match id pay good money up front to see this. Even if the terms was to enter a 18 month contract for Sky Sports id be throwing my money at Sky & WWE right away.
    Oh I believe it. It seems like wrestlers are some of the most paranoid people on the planet. Always worrying about their "spot". Competing when injured even though no one cares if they take time off.

Are wrestlers seriously worried about spots being taken away in 2015 though? I know thats how the Biz worked from the 1920 - to probably late 90s - early 2000 but thought that aspect in the biz had changed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ahah hazy that last bit is right on the money

so many in here know when wwe is bad but they will only allow a select few to say it, otherwise they just jump to defence.

lmao thats my girlfriend
This discussion has been closed.