Well I'm Switching Off!

AndrxwAndrxw Posts: 10,708
Forum Member
✭✭
I don't think there's any point in me watching the rest of the series anymore as it has become a farce. Darcey's bias to the men is ridiculous, while Len suddenly decides to talk about illegal lifts this week (and in general he's just an abysmal and inconsistent judge). I thought Pixie was miles better than Simon, and it was very obvious what the dance-off votes would be.

Comments

• via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bye! (waves goodbye)
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to watch "The Chase" then?
  • Malc LondonMalc London Posts: 2,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is obviously some agenda. Pixie was the better dancer even in the dance off, I have my suspicious why the better dancer was voted off.
  • amelia_leeamelia_lee Posts: 11,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a dancer and teacher myself, from those two dances, Simon's was the best dance of the two.
    Pixie has been the best throughout but that dance is what they are supposed to judge on and it was right what Len said.
  • peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    I love a good flounce :D

And in the DO she really wasn't better.
  • Mr CellophaneMr Cellophane Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting that in this and another thread posters whose dance knowledge I have come to respect are all saying that based solely on the DO Len was correct.

Good enough for me.

[Still really irritated that Marky boy survived, mind.]
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll miss super legs, really I will.
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    dennisboy wrote: »
    I don't think there's any point in me watching the rest of the series anymore as it has become a farce. Darcey's bias to the men is ridiculous, while Len suddenly decides to talk about illegal lifts this week (and in general he's just an abysmal and inconsistent judge). I thought Pixie was miles better than Simon, and it was very obvious what the dance-off votes would be.

Totally ignoring the fact the public vote did agree with the judges.
  • AndrxwAndrxw Posts: 10,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally ignoring the fact the public vote did agree with the judges.

How do you know? When you actually do the maths, Pixie could've been 5th and Simon last.
  • who me?who me? Posts: 17,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm actually with you. I thought the Sunetra decision was iffy last week and said so. But the truth is Pixie and Trent lit up the show for me. I thought they were fabulous and whether experts in dance technique say it was the right or wrong decision I just know it feels incredibly flat now without their dances to look forward to.

At this time of year there's better things to do which is as it should be anyway :D and I've watched since series 2 and will no doubt watch again next year...but yup I won't be tuning in anymore. Good luck to the rest they are fine but Strictly lost it's Pixie and Trent shaped sparkle for me this year and it will just feel dull without them.
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting that in this and another thread posters whose dance knowledge I have come to respect are all saying that based solely on the DO Len was correct.
    Good enough for me.

And for me...nice to feel corroborated. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon looked like someone dancing at a Wedding.

I think they didn't want Pixie to win

If I were her I'd pull out if the tour and really hurt them.
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member

She's not on the tour - hence the conspiracy theories plastered over the forum for the past day or so.

(and Craig, the only judge with an involvement in the tour, saved Pixie)
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She isn't doing the tour:confused:
  • Sho NuffSho Nuff Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    amelia_lee wrote: »
    As a dancer and teacher myself, from those two dances, Simon's was the best dance of the two.
    Pixie has been the best throughout but that dance is what they are supposed to judge on and it was right what Len said.

A voice of reason, thank you. Totally agree.
  • foxyredfoxyred Posts: 15,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

... and Pixie's dance, as much as I love her was a little bit sleazy for my taste. She looked as though she was dancing in a strip club to be honest. I didn't like it sadly :(
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP, maybe you could put your toys back in the pram along with your baseless accusations on your way out? Plenty of people happened to think Simon was better in the dance-off (and the main show), doesn't make us wrong and you right (or vice versa, for that matter, it's all subjective).

Len talks about illegal choreography every year, always with one of the better dancers as he's right, they don't need it. Pixie and Trent did three illegal lifts, so faced his wrath, but I didn't see three in the final dance-off so he clearly was unlikely to be judging on that, and Simon's footwork was better than Pixie's (and we all know that's what Len often looks out for).

Similarly there is nothing to say that Darcey voted for Simon because she has a bias towards men - he just happens to be male and the person she wanted to keep in, and heaven forbid it might actually be to do with dancing.

But hey, don't let lack of factual basis get in the way of a good conspiracy theory just because the result didn't go the way you wanted it to!
    How do you know? When you actually do the maths, Pixie could've been 5th and Simon last.

In almost all permutations of the vote though she's surely last, there's no way she'd fall from second on the leaderboard to the dance-off otherwise.
  • amelia_leeamelia_lee Posts: 11,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sho Nuff wrote: »
    A voice of reason, thank you. Totally agree.

You're welcome, that's just how I saw it, but like I said I have a lot of dance experience and just on those two dances, Simon was better than Pixie.

That being said I will miss Pixie's dances as I liked to see what Trent gave her to do, this one was quite bad, especially by her standards.
  • Tracker321Tracker321 Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You must have been watching a different show tonight too. Ta-ta.
  • AndrxwAndrxw Posts: 10,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP, maybe you could put your toys back in the pram along with your baseless accusations on your way out? Plenty of people happened to think Simon was better in the dance-off (and the main show), doesn't make us wrong and you right (or vice versa, for that matter, it's all subjective).

Len talks about illegal choreography every year, always with one of the better dancers as he's right, they don't need it. Pixie and Trent did three illegal lifts, so faced his wrath, but I didn't see three in the final dance-off so he clearly was unlikely to be judging on that, and Simon's footwork was better than Pixie's (and we all know that's what Len often looks out for).

Similarly there is nothing to say that Darcey voted for Simon because she has a bias towards men - he just happens to be male and the person she wanted to keep in, and heaven forbid it might actually be to do with dancing.

But hey, don't let lack of factual basis get in the way of a good conspiracy theory just because the result didn't go the way you wanted it to!

In almost all permutations of the vote though she's surely last, there's no way she'd fall from second on the leaderboard to the dance-off otherwise.

Hardly 'baseless'. The results could've been Simon 4+1=5 and Pixie 5+2=7. It's not impossible. And it's not a 'good conspiracy theory', I think I have a right to call a judge who saved someone because of his 'guns' biased to the men. Maybe it's you that should put your toys back in the pram.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    curvybabes wrote: »
    She isn't doing the tour:confused:

Oh? I didn't know. Then it's obvious they wouldn't want her to win.

I knew there must be a logical reason.
  • Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    foxyred wrote: »
    ... and Pixie's dance, as much as I love her was a little bit sleazy for my taste. She looked as though she was dancing in a strip club to be honest.......(

I didn't think "chacha" but I sort of liked it,on some level and after reading that,I can see why :D
  • A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The voting public choose..

Enjoy the 20th run of Harry Potter films.
  • Cal ChristopherCal Christopher Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    you'll be back next week!
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, it's sad when people's favourites are lost but it is a dance comp. If Simon was best that week (and he is a fabulous dancer) and if Pixie's undoubted support couldn't keep her out of the bottom two, then them's the rules. She got a long way in the comp and should be proud.

How many times has Simon been in the DO now? Astonishing :o:o