Four in a Bed. New series!!

Comments

• daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,558
    Forum Member
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    BIB, like when nice ladies used to be on it?

We are off to Lytham for the week, next week. I will stand anybody a pint there if they care to ask. OH has reached 60, woe is me.

Aw - how lovely. I remember when I hit that happy age, I arrived at work to find huge balloons tied to my chair announcing to all and sundry, my 60th birthday. :o:D
  • hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hooter wrote: »

Gets the Celebrations out and passes them round

Thank you, I will gladly accept one. If I shove it down George Osbornes throat, I hope you won't mind.
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »
    Interesting to hear how you remove those 'fixed' hangers as I have always found them annoying too.
    The stick bit lifts out of the ring and hook. I probably haven't explained that very well. You lift the hanger out of the wardrobe and all that doesn't come with it is the "hook" bit... so you can lay clothes in the hanger on the bed but you couldn't hook the hanger over the wardrobe door, say. This sort of thing...

E2A: ekcherly, having Googled, I see there are some that can't be lifted out of the wardrobe at all. Those would be extremely irritating.

I don't have those but I have to replace smart wooden hangers regularly as they do get... mislaid. Normally I suspect they "walk" because someone in the party takes the clothes out on the hanger and either carries them out to the car like that or folds them into a suit carrier without absorbing the fact that the hanger isn't theirs so it's not deliberate.

However, I do know of someone on another forum who had to replace all the wooden hangers in her wardrobes - not only had the wooden hangers all been taken but her cheapskate guests had left a jumble of their own wire hangers so it was clearly deliberate. :rolleyes:

Louis is going to be just a tad on the irritating side this week, I think... :D

And any of you that stay at b&bs regularly... do you expect to be offered a fish dish for breakfast when staying in a £65 - £70 a night room?

Hoppy... all you really missed this weekend was a flock of seagulls... ;)
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,680
    Forum Member
    BIB, like when nice ladies used to be on it?

We are off to Lytham for the week, next week. I will stand anybody a pint there if they care to ask. OH has reached 60, woe is me.

If we're not in the vicinity can we have it sent round please?

Previous BIB, noooo, not really, but back when the people could cook and it wasn't all screechy loudmouths and whips on display :rolleyes:

I dunno about anyone else, but I never go rootling around people's private spaces if they invite me round to dinner :D

Bringing the convo back to 4iaB, it's always quite interesting to think about the contestants' motivation for appearing.
    I do think that Louis is going to be the 'new Julian' - so far anyway, we shall see how it all pans out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    If we're not in the vicinity can we have it sent round please?

Previous BIB, noooo, not really, but back when the people could cook and it wasn't all screechy loudmouths and whips on display :rolleyes:

I dunno about anyone else, but I never go rootling around people's private spaces if they invite me round to dinner :D

Bringing the convo back to 4iaB, it's always quite interesting to think about the contestants' motivation for appearing.
    I do think that Louis is going to be the 'new Julian' - so far anyway, we shall see how it all pans out.

There's no need to talk to me in subliminal messages, I am brighter than I look.;)

I will dip out before you naughty lot get told off again.:)
  • David1964David1964 Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's official!;)

25% of B&B owners in the UK are homosexual, apparently :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »
    The stick bit lifts out of the ring and hook. I probably haven't explained that very well. You lift the hanger out of the wardrobe and all that doesn't come with it is the "hook" bit... so you can lay clothes in the hanger on the bed but you couldn't hook the hanger over the wardrobe door, say.

E2A: ekcherly, having Googled, I see there are some that can't be lifted out of the wardrobe at all. Those would be extremely irritating.

I don't have those but I have to replace smart wooden hangers regularly as they do get... mislaid. Normally I suspect they "walk" because someone in the party takes the clothes out on the hanger and either carries them out to the car like that or folds them into a suit carrier without absorbing the fact that the hanger isn't theirs so it's not deliberate.

However, I do know of someone on another forum who had to replace all the wooden hangers in her wardrobes - not only had the wooden hangers all been taken but her cheapskate guests had left a jumble of their own wire hangers so it was clearly deliberate. :rolleyes:

And any of you that stay at b&bs regularly... do you expect to be offered a fish dish for breakfast when staying in a £65 - £70 a night room?

Hoppy... all you really missed this weekend was a bunch of seagulls... ;)

I know, I had to reply to you before going. I had best not add more, you get the gist. *Kissy*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrea, by coincidence there is someone called Lizaj on Digital Spy (from the same area as Gillian above). Wonder if it is the same person? Anyway good luck to you and dont worry about the `cyber warriors` out there, nothing better to do than be typically British and slag someone off.

This has been posted about me on the Facebook page and I wish to state I am not Gillian, my facebook page gives my real name and I do not use psuedonames. I think that if my posts are checked that people will see I have made some positive comment about th lady concerned even if I find the raffle a little strange.:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lizaj wrote: »
    I love Lytham. I will wave to you from across the river:D
    PS I am celebrating receiving my twice renewed "twirly pass" this month.

You mean 62? I hope you do, otherwise:o:o:o.

You might have missed all of the pension changes, just.

We are in the middle of the lot but not dependent on it but I wouldn't want to be the next politician that knocks on my door.

See, I can't help chatting about nothing but I am not a clique and the prog finished ages ago.
  • EtheleneEthelene Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    :eek: Miranda's dad is in what I call this week's FIAB.

Someone will what I call punch his lights out before the week is out. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You mean 62? I hope you do, otherwise:o:o:o.

You might have missed all of the pension changes, just.

We are in the middle of the lot but not dependent on it but I wouldn't want to be the next politician that knocks on my door.

See, I can't help chatting about nothing but I am not a clique and the prog finished ages ago.

I'm 66 this month. But we have a free pass for bus train and ferry travel here on Merseyside for everyone over 60. Now it is only local but I am lucky enough to be so ooo old that mine is also an English bus pass.:D
    Forum Member
    There's no need to talk to me in subliminal messages, I am brighter than I look.;)

I will dip out before you naughty lot get told off again.:)

Most of what I say is subliminal, even family pretend not to understand but it works in the end :p
    Ethelene wrote: »
    :eek: Miranda's dad is in what I call this week's FIAB.

Someone will what I call punch his lights out before the week is out. :p

SUCH FUN!!!

:D

I searched for the FB page lizaj. I reckon I need Google translate for a fair bit of it.
    The page is a mess, it's all over the shop and the owner of the 4iaB account has very haphazard spelling and punctuation skills :o
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »

SUCH FUN!!!

:D

Toni said that earlier and I thought "Miranda"!!
    Forum Member
    Toni said that earlier and I thought "Miranda"!!

aaah, so that's Ethelene's inspiration. I missed that.

I do like Patricia Hodge, ever since she was Jemima Shore
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    David1964 wrote: »
    It's official!;)

You got a problem with that David?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I AM Miranda :o
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, that guy Louis sure likes to talk doesn't he?:eek:

The only fault I would have with tonight's B&B would be the size of the towels, that would really irritate me! Why would you skimp on something as simple as decent towels, and polyester mix sheets? :confused: Otherwise I thought it was a lovely place, and nitpicking about no fish on the menu and clothes hangers is just a bit ott, and finding fault for the sake of it. And as for the shower water not being hot enough, surely they could have asked for assistance at the time if it really was a problem!

As for lookalikies, I thought the woman with the hanger issues kind of looked like Pam Ayres, the poet!
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that guy Louis sure likes to talk doesn't he?:eek:

The only fault I would have with tonight's B&B would be the size of the towels, that would really irritate me! Why would you skimp on something as simple as decent towels, and polyester mix sheets? :confused: Otherwise I thought it was a lovely place, and nitpicking about no fish on the menu and clothes hangers is just a bit ott, and finding fault for the sake of it. And as for the shower water not being hot enough, surely they could have asked for assistance at the time if it really was a problem!

As for lookalikies, I thought the woman with the hanger issues kind of looked like Pam Ayres, the poet!

She does a bit. She should write a little ditty about hangers. :DHangers, clangers, and of course she could always incorporate the breakfast bangers.

I can't see the difficulty in buying bigger towels and better bedding. It is a B&B business! :rolleyes:
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jamtamara wrote: »
    She does a bit. She should write a little ditty about hangers. :DHangers, clangers, and of course she could always incorporate the breakfast bangers.

I can't see the difficulty in buying bigger towels and better bedding. It is a B&B business! :rolleyes:

LMSO! :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jamtamara wrote: »

Hangers, clangers and bangers....LOVE IT!!!! :D
    Forum Member
    'Hangers, Clangers and Bangers'
    the out-takes from Four in a Bed :D
    (parental advisory certificate) :p
  • fliqueflique Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to admit those sort of hangers irritate me too, not something I would complain about though as I see why they use them, i just find them a bit fiddly but getting used to them now as most places have them. The small towels would be more of an issue, I am not large but do like to be able to wrap myself snugly in a bathtowel.

Sheets wouldn't be a problem although I do prefer cotton. Its pillows I have a problem with they are usually to hard for me, I take a soft pillow with me everywhere I stay especially Turkey they are rock hard there.

Quite like the two girls this week, not over keen on the others but we shall see as the week progresses i might change my mind. Louis is annoying, I have only just watched the episode with Julian in so I can see similarities, maybe he will shoot himself in the foot too.

Congrats to Hoppys OH, My 60th is in October, missed out on still being able to retire at 63 by 6 months so have to work until 64 1/2. Miffed about that I wouldn't have minded if it was just the 6 months extra.
  • David1964David1964 Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David1964 wrote: »
    It's official!;)

You got a problem with that David?

A problem with homosexual guest house owners? Not in the least,
    I'm just puzzled as to why C4 feel the need to feature ONE gay couple in each weekly line up recently:confused:

A persons/couples sexuality is surely irrelevant to the format of the programme, so to feature one such couple each week smacks of tokenism
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sentenza wrote: »
    Who the hell has haddock for breakfast?

They should put her in her plaice about that.

Kedgeree (haddock & rice dish) certainly used to be all the rage back in Poirot & Marples day - maybe its gone out of fashion now Agatha Christies' hung up her sluthing hat:)

Arbroth smokies are also a breakfast haddock dish - especially in Scotland. I'm sure Micheal Portillo had some the other week when swanning around the Scottish East coast. Smoked haddock is a bit less 'in yer face' than kippers.

Looks like Coffee-gate turned out to be a damp-squib after all:(

Is this the first time we've had some Lovely Lesbian Ladies on fiab? I can't recall any before?
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,558
    Forum Member
    Normandie wrote: »
    The stick bit lifts out of the ring and hook. I probably haven't explained that very well. You lift the hanger out of the wardrobe and all that doesn't come with it is the "hook" bit... so you can lay clothes in the hanger on the bed but you couldn't hook the hanger over the wardrobe door, say. This sort of thing...

Hoppy... all you really missed this weekend was a flock of seagulls... ;)

:o:o:o

;)

(t'wasn't me, honest :D )
This discussion has been closed.