Kirsty-Leigh Porter - Hollyoaks

adenbelle09adenbelle09 Posts: 104
Forum Member
I am absolutely loving Kirsty and Leela on Hollyoaks and I for one an so glad of recent developments on E4 last night as it is going to give Kirsty chance for a meaty story and I think she did a fantastic job in that end scene.

I genuinely think we have a mix here where the character, actor and story are all good - I was concerned that Leela was going to be sidelined for Tegan in terms of dramatic stories and stuck with Ziggy so I am over the moon that she is being brought to the forefront.

I think she has so much potential as feisty, loyal, kind, funny, family orientated, strong, interesting and intriguing - someone who is interesting but lovable and warm - something I believe the show has been missing!

Played be an actress with potential to boot!

What do you guys think?

Comments

• D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with every word! I hope we see a lot more of her on screen!
  • adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she improved a hell of a lot since she was on emmerdale
  • adenbelle09adenbelle09 Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Thank you for your responses!

I really want to see more of her - I also absolutely adore her relationship with Ste

As a die hard Amy and Amy and Ste fan, I was slightly apprehensive of his relationships with Sinead, Leela and The Lomaxes - however, I absolutely adore the relationships Ste has with Sinead and Leela in particular. I think this is down to Kieron being a very charismatic and talented actor who can really bounce off strong female characters and actresses like with Amy. Although Leela is a very different character to Amy, I really am loving Ste and Leela's relationship and think Kirsty and Kieron have fabulous on screen chemistry and a really loving, true, real yet complex relationship which I cannot wait to see more of.

Although I find Ziggy fun especially recently and I don't detest him and Leela - I want to see Leela do more as she deserves more than that and Kirsty is capable of much more. Leela is one of the most complex and well written new additions so I find it slightly offensive for her to be paired with such an unintelligent character, a badly written plot and a weak actor.

I just hope TPTB don't waste her like Mandip and Jazz have been recently!

Apologies for rambling!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    D.DotA wrote: »
    Agree with every word! I hope we see a lot more of her on screen!

DItto from me :)
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely agree, she used to be least favourite Lomax now she's my favourite. Loved the scenes with Sienna yesterday and it's great she finally got a sl. Also she's gorgeous :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed every word with the OP - really interesting character and a great actress.

Which is rare for HO, lol.

Also agree she's come on leaps and bounds, since Emmerdale.
  • ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Agreed, she's my favourite Lomax!

Great casting from Hollyoaks, and she's absolutely stunning as well!!
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shes brilliant! :)
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Great scenes with Sienna the other day!
  • grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Leela and I think she makes for a very interesting character.
  • xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    I wasn't sure about her at first because she was barely in it but i really like Leela now. I loved Tegan at when they first joined but she was ruined so it is now switched for me to Leela.
    She is fiesty and really loyal to her family. I am pleased she is getting some good storylines to get into. Lots of Potential.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have enjoyed Kirsty-Leigh Porter playing free-spirited characters like Roz in Emmerdale and Leela in Hollyoaks. It is interesting to see her act out something different, as some frustrations at not being able to be a true mum to Peri surfaced last night.

Even when feisty on the outside, Leela is quite soft on the inside. She hated the idea of having a brother but soon became supportive towards Ste. Likewise she knew about Sienna's past but gave her a chance agreeing for her to move in. Even after Sienna attempted to kidnap Peri they soon reached a new understanding.
  • lexstarlexstar Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm always up and down with her, the actress is great though. Just when I'm warming to her she goes all brash and hot headed again which I don't really like, but I much prefer her to Teaganand Peri!
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actor and character are fantastic - I'm actually glad now she was underused during the whole gangster era and it feels the right time for her to come I the forefront for a while now.

Still not sure on Ziggy though never been a fan of character or actor, the massive weak link in the roscoe clan who are rocky as it is
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also like that Leela is a lot more like Sam than Danny! Always a plus. :D
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    Completely agree with your posts, adenbelle09, about Ste and Leela.
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She reminds me of Jacqui McQueen!
  • Ready Steady GoReady Steady Go Posts: 39,592
    Forum Member
    Definitely my favourite Lomax. I preferred Tegan at first, but she was ruined by the Fraser storyline.

Leela's feisty yet likeable, and I think Kirsty's a decent enough actress - particularly good when she's being sassy. I hope she's not stuck with the one note Ziggy though.
  • emzi27emzi27 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How old is Leela? Does anyone know?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Definitely my favourite Lomax. I preferred Tegan at first, but she was ruined by the Fraser storyline.

Leela's feisty yet likeable, and I think Kirsty's a decent enough actress - particularly good when she's being sassy. I hope she's not stuck with the one note Ziggy though.

I agree.