✭✭✭✭
A new series starts today – C4 at 5.30.

The first diners are from Basingstoke.

Comments

• hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I thought the show had finished :o

So is this the last series or am I completely mistaken and its not ending?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yay, can't wait.
    Countdown,
    DOND,
    Wogan,
    CDWM

a very strong schedule for C4, and afternoons cant get better!

CDWM is finishing??? :O :(
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m fairly certain it isn’t the last series. They are looking for participants in Thanet, Southend-on-Sea, Watford & St Albans, Stoke-on-Trent, Grimsby & Scunthorpe, or Doncaster and have already found people to take part in programmes from Sheffield, Cardiff, Dudley, North Somerset, Cheltenham, South Manchester, South East London and Darlington.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank god for that :)

I only watch it for Dave Lamb, like soo many others :P
  • hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks, no idea why I thought it was ending :confused:
    I guess when we heard the news of some C4 shows ending, I had Come Dine on my mind at the same time :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here we go. :)

The first host is 40-year-old Gill who starts by buying pre-cooked chicken and then going to the beautician.

Guests are horse-loving carnivore, Sophie; vegetarian cat-hating, Spencer; blokey electrician, Richard; and art teacher Gabrielle.

Starter: chicken salad with tarragon with a Quorn option for Spencer.
    Main:beef stroganoff with a mushroom version for Spencer.
    Dessert: profiteroles with hot chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream.

Gill’s recipes.

Spencer, Sophie, Richard and Gabrielle arrive.
  • i_am_a_gremlini_am_a_gremlin Posts: 3,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gemo....I just LOVE your commentaries...they are great....keep up the good work :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Darn. Just caught the final 10 -15 mins!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The guests decide that Gill’s handbags are fakes from Turkey.

Sophie didn’t like the starter, Gabrielle did.
    Sophie didn’t like the main, Gabrielle thought it had been cooked for too long.
    They liked the pudding. Richard was really impressed.

Scores: Sophie , 7; Gabrielle, 8; Spencer, 7; Richard, 8. Total: 30.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gemo....I just LOVE your commentaries...they are great....keep up the good work :)

Thank you. I don’t need to do a lot for this programme because the web support is good. Petty the same can’t be said for some BBC programmes.
  • i_am_a_gremlini_am_a_gremlin Posts: 3,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    Thank you. I don’t need to do a lot for this programme because the web support is good. Petty the same can’t be said for some BBC programmes.
    yes, i agree...you fit and ready for Feb and the return of the superb comedy that is Masterchef ?:D

And Masterchef Oz starts next Monday on Watch too....bliss...foodie overload yumm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, please. I've moved to a part of Switzerland where I can't get Channel 4 any more and would appreciate being able to follow vicariously. Thanks, Gemo, your commentaries certainly tallied with the series I saw.
  • sheddy99sheddy99 Posts: 5,760
    Forum Member
    I wish they would do one from Cornwall, the closest they have come is Plymouth in Devon, and don't seem to want to touch Cornwall with a barge pole :(
    Anyway, back to tonight's show. I thought the host looked like a fat Gillian Taylforth crossed with Stifler's mom.
    And the horsey girl boasting about being a kept woman was awful :rolleyes:
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Dammit I'd no idea they were new ones til too late yesterday, still I've got a feel for it from Gem's comments and look forward to tonight,:)
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Sophie really doesn't want children does she??!!! Interesting mix of people, looking forward to tonight!
  • MR. MacavityMR. Macavity Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sheddy99 wrote: »
    I wish they would do one from Cornwall, the closest they have come is Plymouth in Devon, and don't seem to want to touch Cornwall with a barge pole :(

I think in general they only tend to go to big towns and cities where enough people apply to go on within a reasonably short travelling distance, so that rules Cornwall out really - a shame as I would love to see a CDWM from Camborne or Penryn - that would be worth watching for sure!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    I’m fairly certain it isn’t the last series. They are looking for participants in Thanet, Southend-on-Sea, Watford & St Albans, Stoke-on-Trent, Grimsby & Scunthorpe, or Doncaster and have already found people to take part in programmes from Sheffield, Cardiff, Dudley, North Somerset, Cheltenham, South Manchester, South East London and Darlington.

so cdwm is looking for participants in thanet.that will be a joy to watch as most of the people in thanet esp margate wouldnt even know what a dining table is.imagine they will either serve chips with anything from iceland or buy it in from a take away.
  • PPWWPPWW Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noooooo I want to watch this on 4 od but can't see it listed :-( is it too soon?

xxxxx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    so cdwm is looking for participants in thanet.that will be a joy to watch as most of the people in thanet esp margate wouldnt even know what a dining table is.imagine they will either serve chips with anything from iceland or buy it in from a take away.

Here’s the info for those who may wish to join in.
  • SecretSmilerSecretSmiler Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    does anyone know if this new series is available to view online - cant find it anywhere!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here we go again.

Child hating and horse loving Sophie cooking this evening.

Starter: smoked salmon and coriander mayo (pear, Roquefort and spinach salad for Spencer).
    Main: beef wellington with seasonal vegetables and vegetables (croustade for the veggie).
    Pudding: lemon posset.

Sophie’s recipes.

The guests arrive and Sophie invites them into the drawring room.:rolleyes:
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont like sophie at all and I hope she falls at the first fence
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sophie has to unearth horseradish for Gill and manages to unearth some from her sugar daddy’s hi-tech kitchen.

The guests liked the beef but noticed the unwashed carrots and the brocolli was overcooked.

She reveals she has a secret crush on Jonathan Davies (Alan Davies).

They found the pudding large and rich.

Scores: Richard, 7; Gabrielle, 7; Spencer, 5; Gill, 5. Total: 24.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,011
    Forum Member
    Why is this not on 4od?
  • Andy BAndy B Posts: 15,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is this not on 4od?

My question exactly, quite annoyed as I missed the first episode.
This discussion has been closed.