Options

Game of Thrones (Season Two)

Comments

• Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    great to hear that GRRM is planning to end books and tv show at same time,well at least that he wants too.

im gonna purchase season 1 now before they remove the septa on a spike scene
  • Options
    xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wait till someone says that wildfire looks like Donald Rumsfeld's snot and they have to remove all the Blackwater scenes.....................................
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    It was actually one made for GWB :p

"George Bush's head appears in a couple of beheading scenes. It's not a choice, it's not a political statement. We just had to use whatever head we had around."

No it isn't, on the commentary they mention one of the heads "looks like" GWB but it isn't an actual replica of his head.

If the powers that be hadn't said anything about this, it would have stayed completely under the radar as it did when the DVD first came out and, indeed, as the episode itself did when it first aired and absolutely no-one picked up on it.
    "We use a lot of prosthetic body parts on the show: heads, arms, etc. We can't afford to have these all made from scratch, especially in scenes where we need a lot of them, so we rent them in bulk. After the scene was already shot, someone pointed out that one of the heads looked like George W. Bush"
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well they actually said this on the commentary..
    "People may not have noticed this but back up… the last head on the left is George Bush. George Bush's head appears in a couple of beheading scenes. It's not a choice, it's not a political statement. We just had to use whatever head we had around."

Yes, somebody pointed out to them that one of the heads looked like George Bush, because it was his likeness mask. Just turned away and hidden under a wig.
  • Options
    alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    jifster wrote: »
    Would they not make a heap more $$$ if they sped the process up a little?

What about all the people that would buy but download and by the time it's released have lost the urge to purchase.

I guess they have their reasons and maybe the many world tv syndication's make so much money the dvd/bd releases are almost irrelevant.

Domestic subscribers is their main revenue stream. Cable providers use HBO as a main selling point and pay a premium to carry it. DVD and foreign rights is a nice extra.

If they release too soon lots of people who would otherwise sub to HBO would not bother, after all it is relatively expensive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if my blu ray set was dispatched yesterday by amazon.co.uk do you think that means ive probably managed to get a set without the "bush head" scene edited out?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are they actually editing it out? It would be stupid if they did
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are they actually editing it out? It would be stupid if they did

They stopped production of the DVD/BR which they wouldn't have done if they were not going to do something.
    My guess they'll edit out the comment and alter the Head.
    I have seen a picture supposedly from the version that's on HBO GO where the head has been altered to look nothing like GWB (looks a little ape like now though).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lets just hope this is the end of it

if HBO higher ups really are angry you could imagine that they would not come to the showrunners aide if ratings fall
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a storm in a tea cup. It's to generate publicity in the run up to the Emmy nominations and to keep Game of Thrones in the public eye.
    The ONLY reason there is anything going on about it now is because the two D's mentioned it and apologised for it. It hadn't been noticed at the time and would likely not have been noticed at all without that.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of Bush....

Mildly spoiler-y.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Speaking of Bush....

Mildly spoiler-y.

Lol, I see what you did there ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    picked up the reading in book 1 now, just finished tyrions trial

was surprised that
    noone "flied" through the hole in the books

i must say the tv show has done really well to tweak and improve certain scenes
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    picked up the reading in book 1 now, just finished tyrions trial

was surprised that
    noone "flied" through the hole in the books

i must say the tv show has done really well to tweak and improve certain scenes

That change was partly down to the fact that the set of The Eyrie was a redressed set from another film.

In the Books the great Hall at the Eyrie is rectangular with the Moon Door in one of the Walls. When they (due to reusing the set) had to make it round it made sense to put the Moon Door in the centre.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    That change was partly down to the fact that the set of The Eyrie was a redressed set from another film.

In the Books the great Hall at the Eyrie is rectangular with the Moon Door in one of the Walls. When they (due to reusing the set) had to make it round it made sense to put the Moon Door in the centre.

ya but still wasnt used in book.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rewatched the finale one last time before deleting it from the planner for good.

i still maintain thats ash in throne room in danys dream lol

but if it is snow i reckon dany is gonna save the day after whitewalkers run riot on westeros.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the start of the scene it looks more grey than white, so I can see where why it might look like ash, but as the scence progresses it does distinctly look like snow, but then again, it was a vision-dream so no reason it could go from one to another; ash/snow...fire/ice
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah................why oh why s3 is so far away :( !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    deleted double post
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    RebelScum wrote: »
    At the start of the scene it looks more grey than white, so I can see where why it might look like ash, but as the scence progresses it does distinctly look like snow, but then again, it was a vision-dream so no reason it could go from one to another; ash/snow...fire/ice
    whedon247 wrote: »
    rewatched the finale one last time before deleting it from the planner for good.

i still maintain thats ash in throne room in danys dream lol

but if it is snow i reckon dany is gonna save the day after whitewalkers run riot on westeros.

To me there is no question it is ash, or certainly starts out as ash, a sort of visual representation of her dragons defeating the Lannisters. It then becomes snow as she exits through the gate in 'The Wall' out to the snowy landscape
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Listentome wrote: »
    To me there is no question it is ash, or certainly starts out as ash, a sort of visual representation of her dragons defeating the Lannisters. It then becomes snow as she exits through the gate in 'The Wall' out to the snowy landscape

yeah i would agree with that
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Listentome wrote: »

To me, I'm sure it was snow. You can see Dany leaving footprints in it as she walks towards the Iron Throne. Plus, the way the roof of the throne room was missing, it looked more like an ancient ruin than somewhere that had been attacked and burned (ie. the ceiling had caved in through lack of maintenance)

My reading of that scene was that winter had come and Westeros had been left in ruin. Everyone was long dead and the lands were caked in snow.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Dany reaches out the the throne, but then withdraws her arm and leaves the hall you can see flakes have settled on her bare skin. If it were snow it would melt so I'm calling ash - though it could be she is cold-blooded in her vision:D

(or its a production error - damn polystyrene "snow")
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    such a small thing invokes such debate

i love this show!

p.s anyone seen news of a game of thrones MMO game? could be fascinating if made well although i dont subscribe to mmo's.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone here watching The Hollow Crown on BBC on Saturdays? Ok it's Shakespeare :D but it's Richard II through to Henry V - basically the first two thirds of the War of the Roses which only ended when Henry Tudor (VII) married Elizabeth of York after the battle of Bosworth which killed Richard III

It's fun playing spot the inspiration. I have my theories for Harry Hotspur. ;):D