Tottenham Hotspur fans on the forum? (Part 10)

Comments

• Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can remember last summer David Moyes being linked with us, and the news was greeted with horror by most.

I also remember Fergie being linked with us before he went to Utd.

I hope we dont regret making the move for Moyes in the way we missed out on Fergie.

I wish him luck. I think he's a good manager.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can remember last summer David Moyes being linked with us, and the news was greeted with horror by most

*holds hand up* ;)
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon he's a good manager, too. He just didn't seem very exciting. It'll be interesting to see how he does. He has the infrastructure, of course, but, even then, SAF will be a hard act to follow.
  • Steve AWOLSteve AWOL Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FWIW, 3 mini-tables showing how we have fared against the rest of the Top 5, Top 8 and in London derbies this season... Against the rest of the Top 5 and Top 8 we have been the highest scorers but have also had the leakiest defence :o Whilst we've lost our London mini-league title to ARSEnal this season, so fingers crossed it's fate that they will miss out on the CL this time :D

Premier League Top 5 Head to Head | WhoScored.com
    Citeh - won:4 / drawn:2 / lost:2 / for:12 / against:9 / points:14
    Chavs - won:4 / drawn:2 / lost:2 / for:13 / against:11 / points:14
    ManU - won:3 / drawn:2 / lost:3 / for:13 / against:13 / points:11
    Spurs - won:3 / drawn:2 / lost:3 / for:16 / against:18 / points:11
    Arse - won:1 / drawn:2 / lost:5 / for:11 / against:14 / points:5

Facebook | OptaJoe: 8 - How the top eight sides in the Premier League have fared in matches against each other this season. Great.
    ManU - won:7 / drawn:2 / lost:4 / for:21 / against:16 / points:23
    Citeh - won:6 / drawn:5 / lost:3 / for:20 / against:17 / points:23
    Chavs - won:6 / drawn:4 / lost:3 / for:20 / against:117 / points:22
    Spurs - won:5 / drawn:4 / lost:5 / for:25 / against:27 / points:19
    Everton - won:4 / drawn:6 / lost:3 / for 14 / against:14 / points:18
    Arse - won:4 / drawn:5 / lost:5 / for:20 / against:18 / points:17
    WBA - won:4 / drawn:1 / lost:8 / for:13 / against:15 / points:13
    'pool - won:1 / drawn:7 / lost:6 / for:17 / against:26 / points:10

Facebook | OptaJoe: 19 - Arsenal picked up 19 points from their London derbies this season; more than any other side. Capital.
    Arse - won:6 / drawn:1 / lost:3 / for:22 / against:13 / points:19
    Chavs - won:5 / drawn:3 / lost:2 / for:16 / against:10 / points:18
    Spurs - won:5 / drawn:2 / lost:3 / for:19 / against:17 / points:17
    Fulham - won:3 / drawn:2 / lost:5 / for:11 / against:18 / points:11
    Spam - won:3 / drawn:1 / lost:6 / for:15 / against:22 / points:10
    QPR - won:2 / drawn:3 / lost:5 / for:8 / against:11 / points:9
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can remember last summer David Moyes being linked with us, and the news was greeted with horror by most.

I also remember Fergie being linked with us before he went to Utd.
    I hope we dont regret making the move for Moyes in the way we missed out on Fergie.

I wish him luck. I think he's a good manager.

Dodged a bullet there?:D;)
  • PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    I've seen nothing from Moyes that suggests we'll ever regret not hiring him. Fergie already had a barrel-load of trophies before he got to Man U, Moyes has none. he may end up winning stuff at Man U, but you'd have to be some sort of wally not to be able to win things with them. that doesn't mean he'd have been the man for us.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pee wrote: »
    I've seen nothing from Moyes that suggests we'll ever regret not hiring him. Fergie already had a barrel-load of trophies before he got to Man U, Moyes has none. he may end up winning stuff at Man U, but you'd have to be some sort of wally not to be able to win things with them. that doesn't mean he'd have been the man for us.
    Time will tell if Moyes can make that step up to a massive club as Utd with all the expectations. I never saw him us a manager that could take Spurs forward but more of consolidator.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »

See if I was more talented, i'd still want to photoshop a hatstand in his place :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See if I was more talented, i'd still want to photoshop a hatstand in his place :D
    You can save that for the hat-trick on Sunday!
  • grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    Don't worry about missing out on Moyes. If we should be in need, he will probably be available at Xmas.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meanwhile, I love AVB and am quite content (well, a few points from perfectly content).
  • vaarthartvainvaarthartvain Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't swap AVB for all the tea in China let alone David Moyes that's not to say his not a good manager ..
  • TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AVB is doing better than I thought he would, that's for sure, but the test will come IF Bale does leave.

Oh, and I'd get Danny Rose back in the fold as he seems to have improved whilst up north. As a Liverpool fan, I heartily suggest you buy Andy Carroll for £17m, if only to wind the Hammers up again.

Talking of which, is there ANY truth in the rumour that you wanted the Olympic Stadium as the other Team GB did well there too? :D

Don't worry, I'm leaving... :o
    Forum Member
    Benteke helping out his future team-mates here. What a player.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ramires sent off now. Come on, Villa!
  • Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    40% possession, one shot on target, 1-0 up: c'mon the Villa!

eta: RED CARD CHELSEA!

... and half time.

/breathe
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good first half from Villa. They attack very quickly, with some considerable skill too, and look very dangerous. More of the same please.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great result so far - probably need Ars*nal to drop points more than Chelsea, but I'm not knocking it - it all helps :D
  • Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    well, the table looks infinitely more interesting now than it did half an hour ago.

I study slightly odd stats a lot and while a red card means a lot it's not nec everything. However, a red card and 3 days rest vs. no red card and 7 days rest means an enormous amount - if Villa can get through the next 20 mins ....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Benteke off. Changes everything. Send Terry off!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the 'result', cheered, and then realised it was only half time. Hoping Villa can hold on...

Edit; oh great :(

Edit; :(:(:(:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just got worse. :(
    Forum Member
    f*** f*** f*** f*** F***
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    Just got worse. :(

I expected Chelsea to win that match, but I guess the early Villa goal and Ramires sending off gave me false hope.
This discussion has been closed.