Options

Alan Carr: Chatty Man - Fridays Ch4 10pm Series 12 thread

Comments

• Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame it wasn't funny. His breathing sounded terrible.
  • Options
    CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omg can't believe this. What a complete and utter **** Cleese was. I've never found him funny but he came over as a horrible man who was desperate on so many levels. . The sheer relief when Alan retaliated. Think he was trying to belittle Alan as he's funnier and more popular.
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Oh I really loved it, couldn't stop laughing, I think both did it in humour
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    Orange is the New Black cast next week. Excited for that one.
  • Options
    HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    james_W85 wrote: »
    was that all improv or pre planned I just caught the last bit when Allan was pouring the drink over john

I don't think it was pre planned with Alan. But I think Cleese was determined to do something that would be talked about .
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,944
    Forum Member
    When John Cleese started throwing his drink on Alan, I didn't get it.
    I just kept thinking "WTF ?"
    Personally, I think John Cleese is hugely over-rated. Okay he was in Monty Python (the most over-rated and unfunny bunch of posh twits ever) and he did Fawlty Towers. Also over-rated.
    Stands by for the Python maniacs comments !

You need to realise that because you don't like something doesn't make it over-rated.
  • Options
    Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CFCJM1 wrote: »
    Omg can't believe this. What a complete and utter **** Cleese was. I've never found him funny but he came over as a horrible man who was desperate on so many levels. . The sheer relief when Alan retaliated. Think he was trying to belittle Alan as he's funnier and more popular.

Alan Carr.

Funnier and more popular.

Than John Cleese.

I don't even know where to begi...I mean I can't und...erm...Alan Carr is...erm John...you see what I'm trying to say is...erm.

Alan Carr funnier and more popular than John Cleese?
  • Options
    CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan Carr.

Funnier and more popular.

Than John Cleese.

I don't even know where to begi...I mean I can't und...erm...Alan Carr is...erm John...you see what I'm trying to say is...erm.

Alan Carr funnier and more popular than John Cleese?

He was on Friday
  • Options
    ZenithZenith Posts: 3,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I was that way inclined, I could throw a drink over someone. Does that make me funny?

I could irritatingly throw nuts, one at a time at someone. Does that make me funny?

If I had been Alan Carr, I would have punched John Cleese in the gob after around the tenth nut! It was as if he was purposely trying to wind him up. It was just embarrasing to watch.

I can only assume that John Cleese was desperate to do something which would get publicity after the show. All it did was show him up as an irritating a r s e!
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    Zenith wrote: »
    If I was that way inclined, I could throw a drink over someone. Does that make me funny?

I could irritatingly throw nuts, one at a time at someone. Does that make me funny?

If I had been Alan Carr, I would have punched John Cleese in the gob after around the tenth nut! It was as if he was purposely trying to wind him up. It was just embarrasing to watch.

I can only assume that John Cleese was desperate to do something which would get publicity after the show. All it did was show him up as an irritating a r s e!

I seriously wondered if
    a) he was drunk already, or
    b) he's suffering from some form of dementia

I certainly didn't find him funny at all. Embarrassing, yes. I think Alan Carr coped very well with the situation. Cleese was testing him and Carr came out with flying colours.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cleese has apologised on Twitter saying :

I am sorry for my behaviour on Alan Carr last night. My wife's friends tell me I am falling too much under her influence
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    I agree it wasn't funny and it was embarrassing. The fact that John Cleese is one of the true giants of comedy (and not just physically) makes it a little sad and hard to understand. He clearly doesn't have dementia, though. He just made a serious misjudgment.
  • Options
    patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Cleese was seriously unfunny and just made himself look stupid. When he started throwing the Bombay mix he looked quite nasty. Alan dealt with it really well I thought.
  • Options
    RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lombard wrote: »
    Mary Portass seems like a bit of a ********

Aye, she came across as ridiculously pompous and stuck up her own arse.
    silversox wrote: »
    John Cleese didn't look or sound like his usual self. Long before the drinks started flowing I was becoming uneasy about him. I know he is very extrovert etc but this seemed well OTT. Anyone else think the same?
    silversox wrote: »
    I seriously wondered if
    a) he was drunk already, or
    b) he's suffering from some form of dementia

I certainly didn't find him funny at all. Embarrassing, yes. I think Alan Carr coped very well with the situation. Cleese was testing him and Carr came out with flying colours.

I was thinking the same thing, apparently, this happens to many comics. Spike Milligan suffered from mental health problems.
    Cleese has apologised on Twitter saying :

I am sorry for my behaviour on Alan Carr last night. My wife's friends tell me I am falling too much under her influence

True, but if someone picks up a cup, smashes it and says sorry, it doesn't make everything alright again. Obviously, if he has mental health problems, it isn't his fault though.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Only just got around to watching the Cleese interview. I thought they both took it in good humour. I don't think there was any vindictivness between them.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the first time I've seen Cher Lloyd on anything on British TV since The X Factor. She probably did the right thing in hindsight, removing herself from the press's attention, not that I think she did anything worthy of the criticism she is alleged to have received back then.
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alan is filling up his glass.:D
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pharrell, you need a cup of tea after that.:D
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Summer Special is on tonight.

with Queen of Comedy Miranda Hart :confused:
    Who had the gall to come up with that title for her?
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what makes it special
  • Options
    bh21bh21 Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    what makes it special
    Miranda might be funny for a change
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    Vin diesel seems like a good guest.
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simi89 wrote: »
    Vin diesel seems like a good guest.

something seemed wrong with him. joe thomas looks really uncomfortable and bored. he hardly said a thing.
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did Miranda fall over................again !
  • Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    This show is pretty poor so far.