Options

Viva to Close - Welcome Spike TV

2»

Comments

• Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't be long now until Spike TV trailers pop up on all of the Viacom channels including VIVA.
  • Options
    Colin_LondonColin_London Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new licence for Spike is owned by Channel 5 :confused:
  • Options
    chrisychrisy Posts: 9,421
    Forum Member
    The new licence for Spike is owned by Channel 5 :confused:

Odd, but not that surprising considering Viacom own Channel 5. They obviously thought it better to put it under the C5 "umbrella".
  • Options
    a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    chrisy wrote: »
    Odd, but not that surprising considering Viacom own Channel 5. They obviously thought it better to put it under the C5 "umbrella".
    The umbrella that brings it under "associated channel" rules for Digital UK LCN allocations?
  • Options
    marbles333marbles333 Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a516 wrote: »
    The umbrella that brings it under "associated channel" rules for Digital UK LCN allocations?

Mm yes, PSB priority also. Therefore I should assume it would be entitled to retain LCN 21.

Look what happened when Virgin1 was replaced by Challenge...
  • Options
    derk weaselderk weasel Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    viacom destroyed Viva in the first place. was much better before they got their hands on it. if it would been left as the original (german) style format i think i would have still been a viewer for sure
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    viacom destroyed Viva in the first place. was much better before they got their hands on it. if it would been left as the original (german) style format i think i would have still been a viewer for sure

The German one is being destroyed now by reducing the hours.
  • Options
    chrisychrisy Posts: 9,421
    Forum Member

I don't think I've ever watched Viva, but I used to have TMF on quite a lot in the early days.
  • Options
    wowboywowboy Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What shows will this actually air? Viva is an awful channel it's so all over the place. Doesn't have a true identity.

Hope spike isn't just viva with new name.
  • Options
    bensterbenster Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    When is sipke going to launch
  • Options
    BizmanBizman Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benster wrote:
    When is sipke going to launch
    That article says that the Spike channel will arrive some time in spring next year so there's still a bit of a wait.....
    To save you reading the whole topic. :)