Yes, at soundcheck before her show.
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Granny!
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I understand the point of this. It's clearly Madonna just wearing a coat and looking a bit tired or bored.
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Microkorg wrote: »
    Granny!

So because she's a woman and approaching 60 you declare her as "granny" yet if it was a bloke also starting to look a bit older he'd no doubt be a legend? Bet you wouldn't describe Mick Jagger as simply "grandad!"
  • Misty08Misty08 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Double post.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it's Madonna. And?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Derek Faye wrote: »

Yes, it's Madonna and she is a legend. I'm reading a biography on her at the moment and boy did she work hard to get somewhere. I'm inspired by her.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Bet you wouldn't describe Mick Jagger as simply "grandad!"
    He's probably passed from being "great-grandad" to just "dirty old man" by now
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    I thought it was going to be something interesting like she trips over or she starts shouting at people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She looks better there than she does covered in glitter and gloop.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was going to be something interesting like she trips over or she starts shouting at people.
    You mean like a bag-lady at Victoria station?
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    what i like about Madonna, is that despite being plagued by an army of photographers on a 24 hr basis unprecedented by only a few ... she goes out wearing her comfy clothes, no make up and doesn't give a damn ...

a family friend saw Madonna in London ...and all she did was leave a building to a car ...and apparently 20 photographers appeared out of hiding ....all shouting and intruding her personal space with flashing cameras...

I couldn't live a life like that ... I'm not sure many could ...
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it's Madonna and she is a legend. I'm reading a biography on her at the moment and boy did she work hard to get somewhere. I'm inspired by her.

They should make her biopic or at least Part One: The Early Years
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Misty08 wrote: »
    Yes, it's Madonna. And?

People shouldn't be immune from criticism simply because they have a uterus. I've seen plenty of posts taking the piss out of Keef and Mick so it's not a gender issue.

Seems you can't pass any comment these days without someone getting unnecessarily snippy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    People shouldn't be immune from criticism simply because they have a uterus. I've seen plenty of posts taking the piss out of Keef and Mick so it's not a gender issue.

Seems you can't pass any comment these days without someone getting unnecessarily snippy.
    A person asked a question. I answered it. End of thread.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks better there than she does covered in glitter and gloop.

She does. She looks great. I don't see a problem here.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not bad to say she's no slap on and had quite a hectic life to date.
  • WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen Madonna live three times since 2006 and she puts performers who are 30 years younger to shame. She's bloody amazing, and this is the most idiotic thread yet I have ever seen in the showbiz forum.
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe she has aged, who does she think she is? Cheeky cow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Amazing woman. Madonna is fabulous live. I wish I had seen her three times but grateful to have seen her the once five years ago. She is brilliant on stage. I have nothing but admiration for her. I have liked her from the beginning but I was totally mind blown by her stage show. Not the special effects , her talent. She is one of the greats -really.I am old enough and have seen enough world class artistes to judge (in my humble opinion) I am not an obsessive fan but anyone who sees her perform live could not fail to be impressed . Amazing looks and stamina on stage, it is obviously down to hard work and dedication that she could perform for two and half hours .You have to give credit to an artiste who is not only super talented but cares enough to work towards perfecting her art. Hard to believe that in five years or so she can get a bus pass because at 50 she was a force of nature on stage. Someone of her stature deserves respect ,I think, not a jibe at her appearance.
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    She just looks cold and tired to be fair, as we all do at times!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what i like about Madonna, is that despite being plagued by an army of photographers on a 24 hr basis unprecedented by only a few ... she goes out wearing her comfy clothes, no make up and doesn't give a damn ...

a family friend saw Madonna in London ...and all she did was leave a building to a car ...and apparently 20 photographers appeared out of hiding ....all shouting and intruding her personal space with flashing cameras...

I couldn't live a life like that ... I'm not sure many could ...

To be fair, the celebs court the paparrazzi/ media when it suits them. You reap what you sow.
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    So because she's a woman and approaching 60 you declare her as "granny" yet if it was a bloke also starting to look a bit older he'd no doubt be a legend? Bet you wouldn't describe Mick Jagger as simply "grandad!"
    Er..I would actually
  • QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing woman. Madonna is fabulous live. I wish I had seen her three times but grateful to have seen her the once five years ago. She is brilliant on stage. I have nothing but admiration for her. I have liked her from the beginning but I was totally mind blown by her stage show. Not the special effects , her talent. She is one of the greats -really.I am old enough and have seen enough world class artistes to judge (in my humble opinion) I am not an obsessive fan but anyone who sees her perform live could not fail to be impressed . Amazing looks and stamina on stage, it is obviously down to hard work and dedication that she could perform for two and half hours .You have to give credit to an artiste who is not only super talented but cares enough to work towards perfecting her art. Hard to believe that in five years or so she can get a bus pass because at 50 she was a force of nature on stage. Someone of her stature deserves respect ,I think, not a jibe at her appearance.

Totally agree with this post. I have seen Madonna a few times and she is just simply brilliant. Even though I have spent £100s on tickets over the years, I don't feel short-changed by her performances at all. Plus I've got some fabulous pictures of her (best one I have is when she's looking directly at me and sticking two fingers up. Pure Madge LOL!!) I wished I took my daughter to the Confessions Tour though.