****Revenge - UK Pace****

Comments

• Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL

It's also a pretty miraculous dog as it must be close to the world's oldest ever labrador yet springs around like its about 6 or 7..

To be fair, Jack did say he was an old dog.

I've a feeling we were told her father was arrested about twelve years ago, (someone will know) so the dog might be just a few years older than that.

But not that dog, "he's just an actor playing the part."
  • cookie_princesscookie_princess Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hooked already :D Where would we be without catch up :)
  • muppetman11muppetman11 Posts: 2,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL

It's also a pretty miraculous dog as it must be close to the world's oldest ever labrador yet springs around like its about 6 or 7..

LOL :D I was thinking exactly the same , good series so far though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    After watching the 2nd episode on e4 i am hooked and am now watching it online cause i can't wait
  • Mr.LavigneMr.Lavigne Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No prizes for naming the young actor who went from Gossip Girl to this, playing the same character (himself), with just a different name.

Except he was gay in GG?
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,414
    Forum Member
    I'm hooked already :D Where would we be without catch up :)
    D.A.N.N.Y wrote: »
    After watching the 2nd episode on e4 i am hooked and am now watching it online cause i can't wait

...and it was really good to see financial investor scally Bill Harmon get his comeuppance in the most recent episode - priceless :).

I wish that type of thing had happened to all the rogue bankers and traders who brought the world to the brink of financial collapse!
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found the pilot slightly confusing when it aired about 2 weeks ago, so gave it a re-watch and understood it a little better. Was going to give up after episode 3 because I didn't like the whole "target of the week" format and thought it was just dragging very little plot to 22 episodes aimlessly like so many other shows. Boredom got the better of me, I carried on and once I watched episode 5 I was hooked. lol. Episode 7 is also notable for developing things nicely.

I love how all the "wires" cross and all the characters have their part to play. Just finished episode 14, with an awesome cliffhanger and don't want it to end. After my thoughts at the beginning it's funny I find myself not wanting it to stop at 22 episodes. lol
    Definitely think it's one of those shows that sits better a few episodes at a time. I'd have probably stopped if I watched one a week on e4.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was actually going to stop watching after Ep3 tonight but i really liked tonight's episode and it hooked me back in again, so i'm pleased. I just hope it's not hit and miss all the time all the way through the series. Don't know how long it's going to remain target of the week for but would like to see some resolution eventually. Glad to hear it does get better, however i still cannot stand Ashley. She is one of the worst actresses i have ever seen, i think she's awful.
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,327
    Forum Member
    Without giving anything away, and I don't think this is....

For those wondering the "Target of the week" theme sort of ends after about episode 4 or 5. You get a couple of targets later in the season, but they blend in far better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Yeah I was wondering about the 'target of the week' format but it's good to hear that things might get a more involved as we go along.
    I'm enjoying it but I love the fact Emily is not only a billionaire able to buy up apartment blocks quite good in self defence (given how she over-powered Nolan so easily, even though he's weedy). But what does she do for fun?!

Bit worried about Sammy the dog as well - I hope she doesn't kill him for recognising her!

http://www.tv-ooh.com/2012/06/revenge-were-worried-about-sammy-dog.html
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    I love Revenge! Glad that the 'target of the week' thing ends soon as I wouldn't want a whole season of it. I LOVE Nolan I think he is hilarious, also nice to see Eric from GG, his character seems sweet in this.:)
  • LennieLennie Posts: 25,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack Porter is one of the rare and lovely man there is - probably the only purest thing from Emily's past with Sammy

I feel the guy playing Declan, is abit miscast whilst everyone is near perfect in their roles
  • Mr.LavigneMr.Lavigne Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am enjoying this, three episodes in, but they could have been a bit more ambitious, and the stuff from 17 years ago, should have actually been filmed 17 years ago, or at least 10 years ago, because they all look the same age!

The girl playing Emily is fantastic, she would have been great in 24 with all her sideways glances.
  • LadyMinervaLadyMinerva Posts: 755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoying this series, but I find Victoria's plumped up lips really distracting! They just dont't move right when she speaks!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr.Lavigne wrote: »
    I am enjoying this, three episodes in, but they could have been a bit more ambitious, and the stuff from 17 years ago, should have actually been filmed 17 years ago, or at least 10 years ago, because they all look the same age!

The girl playing Emily is fantastic, she would have been great in 24 with all her sideways glances.

Yes, because that's really possible. lol. I hope you're joking.

Anyway, just finished watching the whole season online and the show seems to be getting "bigger" in a sense. Can't wait to see where it goes, although some of the later episodes almost had me give up, they jumped a little too much into the soap genre.
    I can handle soapy elements but it needs to retain the thriller/grittier aspect aswell.
    The last few episodes also helped me warm to the main actress, she was given more material to show her range which was good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lennie wrote: »
    Jack Porter is one of the rare and lovely man there is - probably the only purest thing from Emily's past with Sammy

I feel the guy playing Declan, is abit miscast whilst everyone is near perfect in their roles

I'm finding him to be an annoyinly wet drip. As for the whole holding a flame for a girl you briefly knew back when you were 8 into your 20s, that's just creepy.

I hope he gets a personality fast, otherwise he's a giant vacuum of interest in an otherwise fun and intriguing show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBH, both Daniel and Jack don't get much more development which I think is a bit of a waste. But by the end of the season you learn a bit more on Jack's background whilst Daniel remains a complete 1 dimensional character.

I don't know why they didn't put more effort in, because even with less screentime Conrad Grayson has a fully rounded personality.
  • tweenietweenie Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    TBH, both Daniel and Jack don't get much more development which I think is a bit of a waste. But by the end of the season you learn a bit more on Jack's background whilst Daniel remains a complete 1 dimensional character.

I don't know why they didn't put more effort in, because even with less screentime Conrad Grayson has a fully rounded personality.

Nobody has mentioned that Daniel had a scene with Ashley along the lines of 'did she take the bait', as in Daniel was scheming to set up a relationship with Emily as much as she was with him.
    I'm waiting to see direction this takes.
  • StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    I'm finding it difficult to really like this series, its interesting enough to keep me watching but I don't like any of the characters much at all. Jack and Nolan are the most likeable and his little brother and the youngest Grayson girl are ok too but none of them really interest me.

I often think that its difficult to find priviallaged characters very relatable, to be fair a scandal in the Hamptoms just seems incredibly trivial and a bit pathetic really. So all this business with Emily destroying people with gossip just kind of seems bla to me.
  • StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    tweenie wrote: »
    Nobody has mentioned that Daniel had a scene with Ashley along the lines of 'did she take the bait', as in Daniel was scheming to set up a relationship with Emily as much as she was with him.

Wasn't that to do with the surprise party they gave her? For her winning the beach house?
  • BigDave888BigDave888 Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is anyone else really scared of Tyler? It looks like that at any moment he is going to flip!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why was it not on e4 yesterday? When is the next episode being shown please?
  • cookie_princesscookie_princess Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im really enjoying Revenge but a bit confused are all these episodes at the start before Daniel got killed?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tweenie wrote: »

That was about the surprise party they threw for her at the end.
    I'm finding it difficult to really like this series, its interesting enough to keep me watching but I don't like any of the characters much at all. Jack and Nolan are the most likeable and his little brother and the youngest Grayson girl are ok too but none of them really interest me.

I often think that its difficult to find priviallaged characters very relatable, to be fair a scandal in the Hamptoms just seems incredibly trivial and a bit pathetic really. So all this business with Emily destroying people with gossip just kind of seems bla to me.

TBH, I'd hardly call murder, false imprisonment and terrorism "trivial".
    Why was it not on e4 yesterday? When is the next episode being shown please?

It was on E4. :confused:
    Im really enjoying Revenge but a bit confused are all these episodes at the start before Daniel got killed?

Yes, the opening scene was a flashforward to Daniel and Emily's engagement party. Then the story went back 5 months and the episodes are leading up to the murder on the beach. Think it happens around mid-season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Found it now - wasnt appearing on catch up on my ipad, but is appearing on my laptop...not sure why!?