I have NEVER seen a Viennese Waltz like THAT !!!

edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
Forum Member
✭✭
Trent you Genius :o:o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YSal7ItkWw

He never ceases to amaze me with his choreography :o; Producers please keep him next year.
Never thought I would see " Beyonce moves " in a Viennese Waltz :o:D

I dont like extra dancers myself but I think that he is one of the few pros this year who gets it right (Kristina is the other one ); He makes them enhance the dance rather than distract from the dance; The whole thing was just SO original and wonderful, I could watch it over and over again.

And his Outfit :o:D !!! OMG :D !!!

Comments

• Gill PGill P Posts: 21,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed the "Beyonce" moves but did see pirouettes from Pixie. Great dance.

If people complain about the theme, don't blame Trent, blame the producers at the BBC!
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The dance was lovely but the extra dancers slightly spoiled it for me. The floor space is too small for four extra dancers - alright in some ways for Blackpool but ridiculous otherwise. You don't need to ' gild the lily ' with Pixie - her dancing stands up all by itself :)
  • MrEdgarFinchleyMrEdgarFinchley Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »

He never ceases to amaze me with his choreography :o; Producers please keep him next year.

I dont like extra dancers myself but I think that he is one of the few pros this year who gets it right (Kristina is the other one ); He makes them enhance the dance rather than distract from the dance; The whole thing was just SO original and wonderful, I could watch it over and over again.

That shorts and socks combo! :o

I was mesmerised by Pixie's dress which probably merits a spin off show of its own.

Thanks for the heads up on the Beyonce backing dancers .... I have no words.

Awesome!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll consider myself fortunate if I never again see another like it Edy.

There was something maniacal about the whole thing, and it desperately lacked the fluidity one associates with a good VW.

It looked choppy instead of smooth. But the song they were allocated was far from ideal. Compare the transition into hold with the way Kimberley and Pasha flowed into hold -

Kimberley VW - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnrZs_pYcmw
  • allaboardallaboard Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her dress really enhanced her movements. I also spotted the Beyoncé moves too! Glad it wasn't my imagination!
  • Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

OMG I missed that first time around. Hilarious.
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    agree it was another clever and interesting dance from trent - he has turned out to be a great new addition to the show. and pixie danced it beautifully.

the theme didn't really add anything in my view. though his costume was rather hilariously described in the telegraph as 'at best pinnochio, at worst, hitler youth squad...'

:o:D
  • GellymissGellymiss Posts: 1,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allaboard wrote: »
    Her dress really enhanced her movements. I also spotted the Beyoncé moves too! Glad it wasn't my imagination!

They are actually Bob Fosse moves that Beyonce (or her choreographers) helped themselves to. Sadly, he never gets the credit.
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gellymiss wrote: »
    They are actually Bob Fosse moves that Beyonce (or her choreographers) helped themselves to. Sadly, he never gets the credit.

Exactly. "There's Got To Be Something Better Than This" from Sweet Charity.
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,747
    Forum Member
    Gill P wrote: »
    I missed the "Beyonce" moves but did see pirouettes from Pixie. Great dance.

If people complain about the theme, don't blame Trent, blame the producers at the BBC!

I saw the backing dancers doing the Beyoncé moves last night and thought :confused:
  • TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without doubt the best dance of the night.
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was beautiful. I love Pixie and Trent.
  • Mr CellophaneMr Cellophane Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiggywink wrote: »
    Without doubt the best dance of the night.

Well there's certainly doubt about it in my mind - much preferred Caroline tonight.

That said, Trent certainly is very talented, and the bits that actually were VW were danced very well. Just way too much 'faffin abaht' !

Given that 'Hitler Youth' type comments were being made about them by some right from week 1, it seemed kinda cruel to have made them wear those particular costumes...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Agree, the costumes ruined it for me - or at least Trent's did. Given Trent's perfect blonde Aryan looks, the Leiderhosen were just such a combination of sinister and ridiculous, my brain really couldn't cope with watching the dancing as well as going :o
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed the dance, but the costumes were really odd. The music, windmill and the clogs on the backing dancers suggested it was supposed to be in Holland but the costumes were nothing like any Dutch clothing I've ever seen.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The outfits were appalling and pretty much ruined the dance for me, helped by the completely unnecessary and intrusive backing dancers.

The ending and the bits with Trent being thrown around were just a bit ridiculous - Trent showing again that he seems not to be able to choreograph a decent end to many dances (their Paso was another dreadful ending).

It's a shame, because I thought the bits that were actually Viennese Waltz Pixie didn't dance badly at all, but it certainly didn't deserve 10s and the choreography was one of the main problems, not a good thing at all.
  • StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The costumes just highlighted the Hitler Youth vibe they have going on. So much so it distracted from the dance. That combined with the backing dancers ruined what could have been beautiful.
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The judges praise Pixie but undermark her constantly. Her Paso was worth four 10's and this was worth at least 3!

Pixie is an amazing dancer and Trent is a wonderful choreographer.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a joy to watch and Pixie looked gorgeous.
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The judges praise Pixie but undermark her constantly. Her Paso was worth four 10's and this was worth at least 3!

Pixie is an amazing dancer and Trent is a wonderful choreographer.

Absolutely agree.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it! I thought Pixie looked stunning in that beautiful dress and her dancing is sublime.

That shorts and socks combo though was :o ! Distracted me from Trent's dancing!
  • perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    primer wrote: »
    agree it was another clever and interesting dance from trent - he has turned out to be a great new addition to the show. and pixie danced it beautifully.

the theme didn't really add anything in my view. though his costume was rather hilariously described in the telegraph as 'at best pinnochio, at worst, hitler youth squad...'

:o:D

:D:D

Could have been worse - they could have had Edelweiss along with the outfits!

(Yes, I know they've done a waltz)
  • dippydancingdippydancing Posts: 9,428
    Forum Member

The timing on both Pixie and Trent's part to get back into hold at 1:26 is amazing. It looks effortless, but I'm sure it wasn't, and Pixie could have easily ended up on the wrong foot. For me, they were the only couple (except Caro&Pasha) whose routine was enhanced rather than swamped by the backing dancers.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D

Could have been worse - they could have had Edelweiss along with the outfits!

(Yes, I know they've done a waltz)

I didn't know what dance they were to do pre show so when I saw their costumes I was half expecting them to dance to the lonely goat herd song!
  • ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    Utterly enchanting. I loved it.