What is the creepiest thing to have ever happened to you? (Part 2)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a small thing but recently I was at home reminiscing with my elderly mother about a dead relative. While I was talking I had the door into the sitting room in my field of vision. During a brief pause in the conversation, I heard and saw the doorknob to the door twist around loudly while the door moved slightly open, and then the doorknob went back and forth quickly and loudly a few times. All this in, I don't know, a couple of seconds. I exclaimed to my mother, "Did you see that?", but I saw she'd turned her head away from me and she didn't even hear me saying, "Did you see that?" - she suffers from deafness and actually wasn't in the line of vision for the door, so to her, nothing happened. It makes me wonder if that relative RIP was trying to say, "I'm here". On the other hand possibly some subtle vibration from traffic on the road before the house had caused the door to move. But I've never known a door to actually open by itself or a doorknob to rattle back and forth before my eyes in many years of living in this house, although just very occasionally, in harsh winds and with extreme traffic, (and this didn't apply), the doors sometimes make a clicking sound as though they're going to open as the inner bolt of the doorknob moves.
  • realwalesrealwales Posts: 3,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here are three short anecdotes that are 100% true. I am willing to listen to any logical explanations people may be willing to offer, but to me they remain baffling:

- My mother's father died when she was 14 years old, in about 1966 or 67. My mother's mother is still alive (though has sadly developed dementia in the last two years or so). Until quite recently, my mother and grandmother would attend church together every Sunday morning.

For some inexplicable reason, during one service around five years ago, my mother started thinking very emotionally about her father, and was very close to tears. She said nothing to my grandmother and pulled herself together. A little later in that same service, my grandmother gave her a little nudge and whispered that she could feel her husband/my mother's father standing next to her. In the months leading up to that, my grandmother had mentioned to me on a small number of occasions that she had woken up in the middle of the night and put her hands out on her double bed, and the 'empty' side was inexplicably warm.

- My mother was a senior teacher in a school that was built in the 1960s. I visited it myself during 'after school' hours on many occasions in the 1990s and early 2000s, but never attended it as a pupil From time to time, if I used the toilets in the main corridor, I could hear cheerful, but distant singing coming from somewhere, like a school assembly or a choir. You couldn't make out the words though. Years later, my mother brought it up in conversation, and said that she, too had heard the singing in the toilets, and said that pupils who had stayed behind after school to use the computers or whatever had experienced it too.

Here's where it really doesn't make sense: The building only dated back to the 1960s. The vast majority of pupils who attended the school would've still been alive, or died as adults. A small number died while they were still pupils, but the noise sounded like a hall full of children cheerfully singing.

Add to that a story the caretaker told. He was a blokey type, not a religious man and a bit of a no-nonsense character. One evening, he was the last person in the building, he was locking up the upstairs rooms when two pupils ran along the corridor before fading into the wall.

These two stories suggest to me there's something in the 'energy' theory to explain some paranormal activity. Busy buildings full of people that fall silent could have lots of 'energy' in them. I keep an open mind.

- A lighter story: When I left school at 16, many/most of the pupils went to a sixth form college a few miles up the road. One lad I knew adequately, but wasn't exactly best mates with, didn't join us and went straight into work. Many months later, during a free period, I went for a walk to a local shop, which involved walking through some back streets of terraced housing. I was alone, and for the first time in many months, I began wondering whatever became of him, and what he was up to now. I walked around the corner and there he was!

As I said, I'm open to explanations on any of these stories.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    realwales wrote: »
    Here are three short anecdotes that are 100% true. I am willing to listen to any logical explanations people may be willing to offer, but to me they remain baffling:

- My mother's father died when she was 14 years old, in about 1966 or 67. My mother's mother is still alive (though has sadly developed dementia in the last two years or so). Until quite recently, my mother and grandmother would attend church together every Sunday morning.

For some inexplicable reason, during one service around five years ago, my mother started thinking very emotionally about her father, and was very close to tears. She said nothing to my grandmother and pulled herself together. A little later in that same service, my grandmother gave her a little nudge and whispered that she could feel her husband/my mother's father standing next to her. In the months leading up to that, my grandmother had mentioned to me on a small number of occasions that she had woken up in the middle of the night and put her hands out on her double bed, and the 'empty' side was inexplicably warm.

- My mother was a senior teacher in a school that was built in the 1960s. I visited it myself during 'after school' hours on many occasions in the 1990s and early 2000s, but never attended it as a pupil From time to time, if I used the toilets in the main corridor, I could hear cheerful, but distant singing coming from somewhere, like a school assembly or a choir. You couldn't make out the words though. Years later, my mother brought it up in conversation, and said that she, too had heard the singing in the toilets, and said that pupils who had stayed behind after school to use the computers or whatever had experienced it too.

Here's where it really doesn't make sense: The building only dated back to the 1960s. The vast majority of pupils who attended the school would've still been alive, or died as adults. A small number died while they were still pupils, but the noise sounded like a hall full of children cheerfully singing.

Add to that a story the caretaker told. He was a blokey type, not a religious man and a bit of a no-nonsense character. One evening, he was the last person in the building, he was locking up the upstairs rooms when two pupils ran along the corridor before fading into the wall.

These two stories suggest to me there's something in the 'energy' theory to explain some paranormal activity. Busy buildings full of people that fall silent could have lots of 'energy' in them. I keep an open mind.

- A lighter story: When I left school at 16, many/most of the pupils went to a sixth form college a few miles up the road. One lad I knew adequately, but wasn't exactly best mates with, didn't join us and went straight into work. Many months later, during a free period, I went for a walk to a local shop, which involved walking through some back streets of terraced housing. I was alone, and for the first time in many months, I began wondering whatever became of him, and what he was up to now. I walked around the corner and there he was!

As I said, I'm open to explanations on any of these stories.....

Hi Realwales,

as regards the first experience, I think sometimes when a person knows another well, they can have a very good idea of what that other person is thinking by the expression on their face. They can know what's likely to be upsetting the person if the person looks upset, what is likely to make them cry and so on. Your grandmother would have known your mother very well so maybe she guessed by the expression, however fleeting, on your mother's face what she was thinking of your grandfather and she said she sensed his presence to comfort your mother. I'm not saying that's what happened, but it could be a possibility.

Second experience, maybe in her sleep your grandmother slept on the other side of the bed, then later while still asleep she switched over to her usual side and not long after woke up and that was why she noticed the mattress was warm on the other side of the bed. Again, maybe that's not what's happened, but it seems a possibility.

Fourth experience; just coincidence is a possibility.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    (I sent the previous too soon, sorry. Will continue here below).

The third experience is much more interesting as regards explanations of a possible paranormal type. You both think you experienced it and at different times without talking to each other about it, so if that's true, it's much less likely to be a hallucination than a real experience, as it's highly unlikely you'd both have a hallucination of choral singing in the same place when there's so many other things you could hallucinate - even if we get past the fact hallucinations are extremely rare things for people to experience outside of psychosis and mentally confusional states, which I assume wouldn't have applied to you and your mother - and, without any suggestion from the first experiencer that the other might experience it.

I wonder if there was a previous building there before the school was built, such as a church or chapel, where singing took place.

Or maybe it was a parallel universe experience.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

Please excuse this being a little off topic, but I just want to say thanks for all the enjoyment I've got from this thread, and especially to my favourite contributors Dollfeet, Polli and Lynne, but I'm leaving the DS forums, due to how emotionally unsafe it is here for Spiritualists and other believers in the paranormal and their friends.

Not only has my toleration for being upset and worried for my Spiritualist and Medium friends on here gone with all the recent attacks, but I don't want to be part of a forum where insults towards people for their Spiritualist religion and personal Spiritual beliefs are allowed.

I will join the Fortean Times and also maybe another forum which looks good called imaginative Worlds.

Goodbye and wishing good health and happy times for all,

Dolls
  • AlferdPackerAlferdPacker Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dolls wrote: »
    Hi,

Please excuse this being a little off topic, but I just want to say thanks for all the enjoyment I've got from this thread, and especially to my favourite contributors Dollfeet, Polli and Lynne, but I'm leaving the DS forums, due to how emotionally unsafe it is here for Spiritualists and other believers in the paranormal and their friends.

Not only has my toleration for being upset and worried for my Spiritualist and Medium friends on here gone with all the recent attacks, but I don't want to be part of a forum where insults towards people for their Spiritualist religion and personal Spiritual beliefs are allowed.

I will join the Fortean Times and also maybe another forum which looks good called imaginative Worlds.

Dolls

I have honestly not seen any recent attacks in here. I know in the past there was. People are entitled to believe its all fake as you and others are entitled to believe its true. Maybe some people arent as eliquant about how they show it at times but thats the Internet for you.
  • sunsetbeachsunsetbeach Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

Dolls

Is there another thead that has upset you as this one has been quite tame. I posted mine experiences in thread 1 but still read every day. I enjoy your input an will be sad for you to go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have honestly not seen any recent attacks in here. I know in the past there was. People are entitled to believe its all fake as you and others are entitled to believe its true. Maybe some people arent as eliquant about how they show it at times but thats the Internet for you.

I love this thread and everything's been lovely on this thread for a long time :)

It's about how personal the insults have become on other threads.

I don't want to try to make other people believe what I believe, unless they ask me to try to persuade them because they're not happy with their current beliefs. I believe that people should be able to believe whatever they want providing they're happy.

Yes maybe a lack of eloquence comes in but there's a difference between saying you don't believe in the paranormal and saying it's a bad thing on the one hand, and in saying all mediums and people who are psychic are without exception the scum of the earth, exploiters of the vulnerable and so on, using extreme insults. Including in your attacks people who don't charge any money, including people who are terrified of anyone knowing they're psychic and only tell their friends and family - like people I know - and, by implication, all Spiritualists who go to their Spiritualist church out of sincere belief, including presumably someone like me who attended the development circle at church once, (it cost me 3 pounds), and believes they got some results.

I don't believe in insulting other people because of their religion (Spiritualism) or beliefs. That's just my position, of course you're free to differ.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there another thead that has upset you as this one has been quite tame. I posted mine experiences in thread 1 but still read every day. I enjoy your input an will be sad for you to go.

Thank you Sunsetbeach.

Please see above post, ie no there's been no problem on this thread.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw the spirit of my Grandmother hovering over me when I was in the verge of death :eek:

I made it :D. Maybe my mind was playing tricks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this thread and everything's been lovely on this thread for a long time :)

It's about how personal the insults have become on other threads.

I don't want to try to make other people believe what I believe, unless they ask me to try to persuade them because they're not happy with their current beliefs. I believe that people should be able to believe whatever they want providing they're happy.

Yes maybe a lack of eloquence comes in but there's a difference between saying you don't believe in the paranormal and saying it's a bad thing on the one hand, and in saying all mediums and people who are psychic are without exception the scum of the earth, exploiters of the vulnerable and so on, using extreme insults. Including in your attacks people who don't charge any money, including people who are terrified of anyone knowing they're psychic and only tell their friends and family - like people I know - and, by implication, all Spiritualists who go to their Spiritualist church out of sincere belief, including presumably someone like me who attended the development circle at church once, (it cost me 3 pounds), and believes they got some results.

I don't believe in insulting other people because of their religion (Spiritualism) or beliefs. That's just my position, of course you're free to differ.

I never said it was ok to insult people because of their religion i merely stated if people want to belive its true or not they can (Refering to Ghosts, the unnatural etc) i never stated anything about anyones religious beliefs.
    With regards to physics etc some are scum you have to admit look at Derek Acora for example. He was caught out several times by the crew on his show. they made up stories which he tried to pass off as real.

I personally am on the fence with the whole Physic/Medium thing (My sister went to see one and she started singing a very specific song that my long deceased grandfather used to sing to her) and completely accept anyones religious beliefs
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I never said it was ok to insult people because of their religion i merely stated if people want to belive its true or not they can (Refering to Ghosts, the unnatural etc) i never stated anything about anyones religious beliefs.
    With regards to physics etc some are scum you have to admit look at Derek Acora for example. He was caught out several times by the crew on his show. they made up stories which he tried to pass off as real.

I personally am on the fence with the whole Physic/Medium thing (My sister went to see one and she started singing a very specific song that my long deceased grandfather used to sing to her) and completely accept anyones religious beliefs

Isn't that rather like bashing all Muslims because of Abu Hamza or all Christians because of Fred Phelps?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't that rather like bashing all Muslims because of Abu Hamza or all Christians because of Fred Phelps?

I said some are scum using Derek Acora as an Example. I never said all are scum because of him. Im not sure why are you trying to twist my words into something ridciulous.
  • puffenstuffpuffenstuff Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imo people have spooky experiences and they make entertaining reading, i've even said a few spooky stories myself however i don't believe that anybody has psychic medium experiences or have the ability to do it, i'm sure people enjoy going to developments circles the spiritualusm classes and feel like they're making progress but i highly doubt it just deluding themselves, i don't think there is any such things as ghosts or people who can communicate with ghosts or dead people and certainly professionals who charge money and claim to be able to do those sort of things are probably unscrupulous frauds, making money out of bereaved people and vulnerable people however those are my personal opinions and of course other people are free to think what they like and in normal circumstances i was never state what i think as it will be bad manners on this occasion i'm only saying what i think because it came up in conversation now if you feel you have to leave this thread because of what other people think i will be sorry to see you go i'll be sorry for anybody who felt they had to leave the forum. i hope i have never given you offence and despite my scepticism i love reading this thread and all the people who contribute
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imo people have spooky experiences and they make entertaining reading, i've even said a few spooky stories myself however i don't believe that anybody has psychic medium experiences or have the ability to do it, i'm sure people enjoy going to developments circles the spiritualusm classes and feel like they're making progress but i highly doubt it just deluding themselves, i don't think there is any such things as ghosts or people who can communicate with ghosts or dead people and certainly professionals who charge money and claim to be able to do those sort of things are probably unscrupulous frauds, making money out of bereaved people and vulnerable people however those are my personal opinions and of course other people are free to think what they like and in normal circumstances i was never state what i think as it will be bad manners on this occasion i'm only saying what i think because it came up in conversation now if you feel you have to leave this thread because of what other people think i will be sorry to see you go i'll be sorry for anybody who felt they had to leave the forum. i hope i have never given you offence and despite my scepticism i love reading this thread and all the people who contribute
    Im the same this is by far my favourite thread on Digital Spy. I have read from the begging several times. Very entertaining
  • humdrummerhumdrummer Posts: 4,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was 21, single and pregnant.
    I was working all hours I could to afford my maternity leave as I would only be on SMP while I was off so pulling back to back shifts or 12 hour shifts was my life for months and months.

I just worked and worked and worked and squirreled away as much money as I could. I also needed baby stuff like nappies and a sterilizer and everything a baby needs. My mum was convinced I was having a girl - to the point where she was buying girl clothes and pink toys etc.

One night I lay in bed exhausted and thought 'I haven't felt the baby move all day'. I stroked and jiggled bump a bit and got no movement in return. I started to get worried. I consoled myself by thinking baby probably had a party today but I was too busy to notice. I drifted off worried about it thinking I'd see the midwife in the morning.

During the night I had a 'dream'. It seemed so real and everything was as it should be - my room was dark, the street lights were shining in, everything is as it would be had I woken up except for my great aunt, who had died years before, sitting on the edge at the end of my bed.

She said 'Don't worry about the baby, everything is fine and it's going to be a boy'. I woke up the next day feeling blessed and calm and so much better. Baby was jigging about and active.

I had a boy. My mum had to return a lot of things to various shops.
  • SweetcazSweetcaz Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    humdrummer wrote: »
    I was 21, single and pregnant.
    I was working all hours I could to afford my maternity leave as I would only be on SMP while I was off so pulling back to back shifts or 12 hour shifts was my life for months and months.

I just worked and worked and worked and squirreled away as much money as I could. I also needed baby stuff like nappies and a sterilizer and everything a baby needs. My mum was convinced I was having a girl - to the point where she was buying girl clothes and pink toys etc.

One night I lay in bed exhausted and thought 'I haven't felt the baby move all day'. I stroked and jiggled bump a bit and got no movement in return. I started to get worried. I consoled myself by thinking baby probably had a party today but I was too busy to notice. I drifted off worried about it thinking I'd see the midwife in the morning.

During the night I had a 'dream'. It seemed so real and everything was as it should be - my room was dark, the street lights were shining in, everything is as it would be had I woken up except for my great aunt, who had died years before, sitting on the edge at the end of my bed.

She said 'Don't worry about the baby, everything is fine and it's going to be a boy'. I woke up the next day feeling blessed and calm and so much better. Baby was jigging about and active.

I had a boy. My mum had to return a lot of things to various shops.
    That's such a wonderful, comforting story. So glad everything went well for you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dolls clearly said it wasn't anyone on this thread, it was other ones, so obviously she wasn't talking about you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenbonjovi wrote: »
    Dolls clearly said it wasn't anyone on this thread, it was other ones, so obviously she wasn't talking about you.

The phrasing of "I don't believe in insulting other people because of their religion (Spiritualism) or beliefs. That's just my position, of course you're free to differ."
    Reads to me that I have made reference to this.
  • vickkijvickkij Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    I have loved reading these stories and would like to add mine to the mix.

I lived in a house which I am sure was haunted. Nearly straight away I got a "bad vibe" and never quite felt comfortable. There was often a feeling of someone looking at you and my cats would sometimes fix their gaze on something behind me normally around the same time I got the feeling!

There was also a couple of occasions I woke and was certain I saw a hooded figure next to my bed (on one occasion I screamed so loud I woke my bf up!) and another time when I was using a sleep talk app there was differently a young girls voice (not mine) saying "help me!"

One of the spookiest things to happen was in my first week there. I was in my living room (before I got the aforementioned cats) and talking to my friend on the phone. There was a crash from the kitchen just like the crockery and cutlery had fallen off the draining board. It was so loud that she had even heard it on the other end. When I went into the kitchen not a single thing was out of place, neither was anything else in the house. My kitchen and next doors weren't attached etc, so to this day I have no idea what it was. I do wonder if it was a spirit maybe letting me know it was there.

It wasn't until I moved out I realised how on edge I was all the time there as I was constantly feeling creeped out!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    Hi,

Dolls

Dolls, I am sorry to read that you have decided to leave and I will miss your contributions to this thread though I understand your reasons for leaving.

Should you have a change of heart, I am sure those that post here, which includes me, will be pleased to see you posting again.

Lynne x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    The beginning of the account that I relate below actually began in 1971-73. I am honestly not too sure of the actual year though I will come back to this after I have related the account below.

In the late July of 1980, when my youngest son was just 3 - 4 months old a trip was paid by me to my pal's home, which included my young daughter and baby son. My pal, at that time, lived roughly 60 miles from the city in which I now live.

My friend, along with her husband and their young son, lived in an old Victorian home which they had renovated since their move there in the early 1970’s.

The plan was to stay there over the weekend though during this visit in 1980 my trip was cut short to just two days and one night after a strange occurrence that happened one evening and that I did not wish to experience again.

On the only evening that we stayed at my friends home I first settled my baby down for the evening and then sometime later, my young daughter and myself joined him and headed off to bed.

We were staying in one of the bedrooms at the back of the house and I had soon fallen asleep because, as mothers of babies know, we get sleep when we can and generally fit our rest times around the baby’s routine.

Sometime during the night, I was woken by the fact that it was freezing in the room and so much so that once I put the light on I could see the coldness of my breath, which was something I had only experienced before when outside in the cold when shopping etc or during the winter months. I immediately put extra clothes on my baby, my daughter and then myself and I then fed my baby, settled him down and afterwards I kept a lamp on as I could not relax at all.

Explaining this here does not convey in detail the overall feeling that was happening at that time but suffice to say, I was very creeped out and I just wanted the dawn to arrive so I could move out of the room to the kitchen and feel safe ( poor term there ) in the company of my pals.

Now, as mentioned above, I will go back to the early years of the 1970’s when I first met my pal when we were working together. A friendship was built as we took lunch together and it was sometime later when my colleague/friend asked me if she could talk to me about something that she was reluctant to discuss with others.

At that time she had a young son and my pal was concerned about him because he was telling her about a little girl he had made pals with that came to see him when he was in bed. Of course one of the first things I mentioned was the fact that he probably had an imaginary friend and that she was not to worry as this was quite normal at his age. Truthfully, neither of us cannot recall the entire conversation as it was so long ago now (roughly 40 odd years)

Sometime later and after I had moved from that area, my pal enlisted the help of a priest to come and exorcise the house as the young son was still ‘seeing’ this young girl in his room. (This has only recently been known to myself as my pal imparted this to me during one of our recent phone calls)

Anyhow, as time moved on, I had put all of this to the back of my mind as I was a very busy mother now living in this City whilst also assisting my second husband with his business and it was not until very recently that my pal and I have have managed to have a chat about that visit to her all those years ago. She proceeded to tell me during one of our telephone calls that she had deliberately put me in the room where her son was ‘seeing’ this little girl. ( some friend eh :) ) To this day, her son, now in his forties, swears to the veracity of his nightly visits of this little girl.

My apologies for my rambling on a bit and my only excuse is due to lack of sleep on my part. My son has been staying here whilst he decorates my home. ( such fun, as Miranda would say) I have now become a decorators mate by cleaning the brushes, wiping the splodges of paint off my retriever and the floor, and generally being a ‘dogsbody’. Moving home would, I think, have been far less stressful. :)

My respect as always goes to those that have differing opinions on the subject of the unexplained.

Lynne
  • SweetcazSweetcaz Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    lah1 wrote: »
    The beginning of the account that I relate below actually began in 1971-73. I am honestly not too sure of the actual year though I will come back to this after I have related the account below.

In the late July of 1980, when my youngest son was just 3 - 4 months old a trip was paid by me to my pal's home, which included my young daughter and baby son. My pal, at that time, lived roughly 60 miles from the city in which I now live.

My friend, along with her husband and their young son, lived in an old Victorian home which they had renovated since their move there in the early 1970’s.

The plan was to stay there over the weekend though during this visit in 1980 my trip was cut short to just two days and one night after a strange occurrence that happened one evening and that I did not wish to experience again.

On the only evening that we stayed at my friends home I first settled my baby down for the evening and then sometime later, my young daughter and myself joined him and headed off to bed.

We were staying in one of the bedrooms at the back of the house and I had soon fallen asleep because, as mothers of babies know, we get sleep when we can and generally fit our rest times around the baby’s routine.

Sometime during the night, I was woken by the fact that it was freezing in the room and so much so that once I put the light on I could see the coldness of my breath, which was something I had only experienced before when outside in the cold when shopping etc or during the winter months. I immediately put extra clothes on my baby, my daughter and then myself and I then fed my baby, settled him down and afterwards I kept a lamp on as I could not relax at all.

Explaining this here does not convey in detail the overall feeling that was happening at that time but suffice to say, I was very creeped out and I just wanted the dawn to arrive so I could move out of the room to the kitchen and feel safe ( poor term there ) in the company of my pals.

Now, as mentioned above, I will go back to the early years of the 1970’s when I first met my pal when we were working together. A friendship was built as we took lunch together and it was sometime later when my colleague/friend asked me if she could talk to me about something that she was reluctant to discuss with others.

At that time she had a young son and my pal was concerned about him because he was telling her about a little girl he had made pals with that came to see him when he was in bed. Of course one of the first things I mentioned was the fact that he probably had an imaginary friend and that she was not to worry as this was quite normal at his age. Truthfully, neither of us cannot recall the entire conversation as it was so long ago now (roughly 40 odd years)

Sometime later and after I had moved from that area, my pal enlisted the help of a priest to come and exorcise the house as the young son was still ‘seeing’ this young girl in his room. (This has only recently been known to myself as my pal imparted this to me during one of our recent phone calls)

Anyhow, as time moved on, I had put all of this to the back of my mind as I was a very busy mother now living in this City whilst also assisting my second husband with his business and it was not until very recently that my pal and I have have managed to have a chat about that visit to her all those years ago. She proceeded to tell me during one of our telephone calls that she had deliberately put me in the room where her son was ‘seeing’ this little girl. ( some friend eh :) ) To this day, her son, now in his forties, swears to the veracity of his nightly visits of this little girl.

My apologies for my rambling on a bit and my only excuse is due to lack of sleep on my part. My son has been staying here whilst he decorates my home. ( such fun, as Miranda would say) I have now become a decorators mate by cleaning the brushes, wiping the splodges of paint off my retriever and the floor, and generally being a ‘dogsbody’. Moving home would, I think, have been far less stressful. :)

My respect as always goes to those that have differing opinions on the subject of the unexplained.

Lynne

Thanks for that Lynne. I suppose your instinct was to protect your baby and child from the cold, but I would think that you suspected something out of the ordinary was happening also. Very scary indeed.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bump.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bump.