Pixels

2»

Comments

• koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    adamo8 wrote: »
    I Went to see it this Saturday and it was worth a watch. I think if anyone goes to see it thinking its going to be the best film of the year has seriously never seen an Adam Sandler movie ;-)

Its predictable and silly but a fun watch.

Does Paperboy get any action or is he just shown briefly as in the trailer?
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    Blimey. Adam Sandler apologists. Never knew they existed.
    jenzie wrote: »
    wonder how many ten pee's we'd have to put in :D
    It needs all the ten pees it can get given how badly it's bombing.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's astounding to me that Adam Sandler's career is still going strong (relatively.) Are his films even still making money?
  • adamo8adamo8 Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Does Paperboy get any action or is he just shown briefly as in the trailer?

From what i remember he isn't featured that much only a couple of little shots.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    adamo8 wrote: »
    From what i remember he isn't featured that much only a couple of little shots.

I was afraid that might be the case. It would have been fun to have seen him riding down a quiet town street killing people by throwing newspapers at them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    I wanted to see the movie until I read "don't be fooled, it's still an Adam Sandler movie". After watching Fantastic Four though, I've determined that it couldn't possibly be worse than that, so now I think I'll see it.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got back from watching this. Really did nothing for me. The reviews I read about Sandler phoning it in were spot on. Peter Dinklage's character was annoying, but obviously I guess that was the point and he did get in to it quite well.

The action sequences weren't particularly thrilling or exciting - even the pacman sequence really left me a bit flat and uninterested.

And Kevin James as the president ?. Really ?

I didn't hate it but I certainly didn't like it either.
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to see this next week and I have to say I'm not expecting much!
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Just got back from seeing this with my geeky 21 and 24 year old sons, we all enjoyed it , but the 24 year old said to me' why is Tetris there? it wasn't invented in 1982' apart from that it was a good romp on a wet Wednesday afternoon .