So much hate for Antony Cotton...

cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,858
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I hate his Coronation Street character but people seem to really dislike the actor too. Does anyone know what he did at the Gavin Blyth Ball for Shane Richie's son to tweet about him?

Comments

• Rose BuckRose Buck Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    Have none of the press reported the tweet?

We'll probably never know what it was about.
  • blue_cobaltblue_cobalt Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    I have worked with him in real life and he is the same as on TV!
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never met AC, nor seen him on TV (I didn't watch 'I'm a Celeb...' last year), so I can't comment on him as an individual.

Personally, I can't stand Sean as a character - pretty one-dimensional and not great at anything 'serious'. However, he can be quite entertaining when kept in the background, either bitching in the factory or pulling pints in the Rovers.

Marcus is a much better and more rounded character - who, in Sean's recent absence, has shown how brilliant he can be, especially when separated from Sean.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obviously I don't know him on a personal level but, to me, on shows where he is being himself (I'm a celeb, various quiz shows etc), he has come across as very unlikeable. When you couple this with the various stories we have heard through the years of him 'bullying' some of his fellow Corrie cast members (granted these stories might not be true but I don't see why people would lie about this), it just paints a rather tainted and horrible picture of him.
  • lord.dynamolord.dynamo Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    Why was he on This Morning this morning cooking steak?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    Who cares what he is like offscreen. Anthony isn't Sean.

The obsessive dislike of Anthony and of Sean on this forum is very disturbing. It's pathological.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kittykat30 wrote: »
    Who cares what he is like offscreen. Anthony isn't Sean.

The obsessive dislike of Anthony and of Sean on this forum is very disturbing. It's pathological.

He can't act, so yes, he is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He wants a cookery show, strongly hinted he wanted one. Let him leave Corrie and kill his damn character off so he can't crawl back.
  • lord.dynamolord.dynamo Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    I've never seen Coronation Street, nor did I ever watch I'm a Celebrity..., but purely from seeing him name-dropping in interviews - I don't like him! Maybe not as much as the many hardcores on here, but he still annoys me.
  • pinky2006pinky2006 Posts: 10,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The steak did look quite nice :o

I remember years ago seeing an interview with him in a magazine around the time he was doing his chat show and he came across really badly. He was asked if you're chat show is a success and he said "Not if, when" :eek: I think I even did thread on here about it at the time :D

I've hardly heard a good word about him, only Kym Marsh seems to like him. Lots of people who have met him have said he is an arse, he was a whinging bitch on I'm A Celeb and since then actors have said how difficult he is to work with. I actually think Sean is a slightly nicer version of Antony :eek:

Why the hell is he still Corrie? Sean doesn't even do a lot now. I actually quite liked Sean when he first arrived, he was good comic relief.
  • StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Popular actor who plays knicker stitcher and barman Sean Tully on his very big birthday, his partner and his glittering career !!!!!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/coronation-streets-antony-cotton-nobody-6219934
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stigid wrote: »
    Popular actor who plays knicker stitcher and barman Sean Tully on his very big birthday, his partner and his glittering career !!!!!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/coronation-streets-antony-cotton-nobody-6219934

why Are u bumping 3yr old threads?

I am sure there will have literally been thousands since this one

edit oh the internet comment he mentions was one of DS forum members:o
  • attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stigid wrote: »

"He is one of TV’s best-loved soap stars whose hilarious one-liners as camp Sean Tully have made him a Coronation Street legend."

WHAT?!
  • NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    attitude99 wrote: »
    "He is one of TV’s best-loved soap stars whose hilarious one-liners as camp Sean Tully have made him a Coronation Street legend."

WHAT?!

Lol!

He is God awful on and off screen. Even the cast don't like him and he was a tw*t on I'm a celebrity....

Vile. Get rid!

Have no idea why they keep him. Must be equal ops or something cos he's rubbish!!!!
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    A three year old thread and nothing has changed. He's still rubbish! In fact he's got worse. When he was in that I'm A Celeb reality show he was horrible. Such an arsehole. His exaggerated mannerisms on Corrie have got worse lately. The way he spins round at full speed before leaving a scene really gets on my nerves. HE IS NOT A LEGEND! How can the Mirror call him that? A glittering career? He's no Brad Pitt or Robert De Nero. His acting is godawful, he really does just play himself! Ha ha regarding the tweets from someone on here!
  • StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    why Are u bumping 3yr old threads?

I am sure there will have literally been thousands since this one

edit oh the internet comment he mentions was one of DS forum members:o

Google Search only gave this thread, though from memory there is a more recent one.... somewhere.

DS Search is APPALLING, as usual.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0rch1deam wrote: »
    He can't act, so yes, he is.

Agreed.
  • FrankieSFrankieS Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    A three year old thread and nothing has changed. He's still rubbish! In fact he's got worse. When he was in that I'm A Celeb reality show he was horrible. Such an arsehole. His exaggerated mannerisms on Corrie have got worse lately. The way he spins round at full speed before leaving a scene really gets on my nerves. HE IS NOT A LEGEND! How can the Mirror call him that? A glittering career? He's no Brad Pitt or Robert De Nero. His acting is godawful, he really does just play himself! Ha ha regarding the tweets from someone on here!

His spins really get on my nerves. Thank God we have his hair to laugh at.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    attitude99 wrote: »

WHAT?!

Gobsmacked. Although he probably says this to himself in the mirror every morning.
  • AuntieSoapAuntieSoap Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katherine Kelly and Suranne Jones, no longer in the show, don't seem to despise him do they?

The hatred on here is manufactured and is bordering on the homophobic. The personal attacks are not appropriate.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    AuntieSoap wrote: »
    Katherine Kelly and Suranne Jones, no longer in the show, don't seem to despise him do they?

I don't care if the re-animated corpse of King Richard lll likes him. What does that have to do with anything?
  • notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    I don't care if the re-animated corpse of King Richard lll likes him. What does that have to do with anything?
    Quite a lot actually, considering that one of the main arguments on here seems to be that 'even the cast hate him!!' If and when someone can show me any concrete proof of this ( and I don't mean he once fell out with someone as that can happen in any workplace) then I will be more inclined to believe it but it seems to me to be more a case of DS members wishing it to be true!!
    Now I'm happy enough to admit I don't like Sean as a character or Antony Cotton's rather limited 'acting' but I do find the personal attacks on him distasteful & completely OTT!! ( Oh & please don't give me I'm a f***ing Celebrity...as an example as that is a complete pile of crap staged to make 'good television' in my opinion!!
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member

The hatred on here is manufactured and is bordering on the homophobic. The personal attacks are not appropriate.

I love Scott and Ste on Hollyoaks. Scott is camp and gay, Ste is gay and fairly straight acting. Can't stand John Paul also gay. I love Kim on HO who is gay, not bothered about boring Esther also gay. I love Finn and Aaron on Emmerdale, both gay. I like Vanessa on Emmerdale, the actress is a lesbian, her character is bi. I cannot stand Sean Tully / Antony Cotton. It's got nothing to do with him being gay. It's because he's a crap actor and I've never liked him in interviews and yes on I'm A Celeb he was a tw*t! :p How is disliking him "manufactured"? :confused:
  • russ75russ75 Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brooke Vincent is always seen hanging around with him, so clearly that proves he's not hated by all the cast
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How ridiculous

Disliking a gay person does not make someone a homophobe.