Options

Issues with UHD working between Sky Q and LG OLED

technoflaretechnoflare Posts: 2,550
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My new Sky Q and LG TV is not working properly . I have a capable cable of 3m but when I switch to UHD at 10bit it really struggles to provide a stable picture, when I switch to 8bit it does better but still struggles. Any suggestions or similar experience?

Comments

• Options
    ds_readerds_reader Posts: 10,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have tried a shorter hdmi cable?
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,517
    Forum Member
    Or even just a different cable, the original one could be faulty - or just too low a specification for 4K.
  • Options
    installeroninstalleron Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    My new Sky Q and LG TV is not working properly . I have a capable cable of 3m but when I switch to UHD at 10bit it really struggles to provide a stable picture, when I switch to 8bit it does better but still struggles. Any suggestions or similar experience?

I have a lg oled with a 15 meter hdmi cable running at 10bit only issue I get is when I have forgot to turn q box off after a long period of time when I switch the Tv on picture is fuzzy when I turn q box off and back on it resolves the issue. Apart from that I have no other issues.
  • Options
    technoflaretechnoflare Posts: 2,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cable I had got was supposed to be 4K and HDR compatible and sometimes produced a picture. Got a new cable and yes it works well now. I still think the Sky Q box is putting itself back to 1080 from occasionally which is odd but its been stable for a week now.

Thanks for replies
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,517
    Forum Member
    The cable I had got was supposed to be 4K and HDR compatible and sometimes produced a picture.

I think the relevant part of that post is 'supposed to be' :D