Options

Which TV adverts make you laugh?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
Forum Member
✭✭
I like these:

Harvey the dog at the dog kennels waiting to be picked by new owners. He is ready with a TV remote control. When the couple look at him he pressed it and a screen comes on behind him. It shows him playing chess with a kid, mowing the lawn etc... I am not sure what the advert is for though!

The Honey Monster who watches the mum and boy leave the house then wrecks the kitchen looking for where the cereal is kept. Mum and boy return and blame the Rusty the dog for the mess.

The Maltesers advert where Mum hides in the wendy house to eat her Malteser icecream in peace, away from the kids.

John Smiths advert with Peter Kay and his "signed" watercolour at an antiques roadshow.

Comments

• Options
    Janey123Janey123 Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    The one for Specsavers (I think) where this elderley couple needing a rest sit down to have a cup of tea and a cheese sandwich when suddenly a restraint comes down clamping them in their seats and they are then hurtled around this rollercoaster. When they eventually get off, the husband turns and says to his wife "what sort of cheese was that !" :D Hilarious.
  • Options
    LoonLoon Posts: 3,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Fosters ones with Vorderman and the Space Invader.

Used to like the Specsaver rollercoaster but it's boring now.
  • Options
    mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the Underdog ( ambulance chasers ) advert. Mainly as Pasquale's and Blessed's voices are so funny in it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    The Cravendale milk ads.

(the makers of these are doing a film in the same manner...)
  • Options
    MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    The M & M one where the guy goes to the cupboard to get the wife a snack and they throw stuff at him and he goes 'get in the bowl and they say 'no u get in the bowl' then say 'couldn't find a big enough bowl' with the big m and m not fitting in the bowl
    one of my all time favs is the Iron Bru one that's the Goth holiday
  • Options
    Miss C. DeVilleMiss C. DeVille Posts: 6,042
    Forum Member
    I laugh at the Go Compare Egyptian themed advert. I like the way they've done the Wilson, Kepple and Betty sand dance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    The Yeo Valley advert that was on during X Factor on Saturday. Very Funny!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I know these are old but the John West one where the fisherman fights the bear is a classic. Also the Irn Bru ad with the old woman in the balaclava in her electric wheelchair and the police shout 'Step away from the vehicle!'. :D
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Janey123 wrote: »
    The one for Specsavers (I think) where this elderley couple needing a rest sit down to have a cup of tea and a cheese sandwich when suddenly a restraint comes down clamping them in their seats and they are then hurtled around this rollercoaster. When they eventually get off, the husband turns and says to his wife "what sort of cheese was that !" :D Hilarious.

Saw that on TV last night, it's still funny. I like the Meerkat ones too and the Resolva Weedkiller one where the guy is walking around the garden and the weed pops up and shouts "hello mate" :D:D Love the Postman Pat Specsavers one too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Mrscee wrote: »
    The M & M one where the guy goes to the cupboard to get the wife a snack and they throw stuff at him and he goes 'get in the bowl and they say 'no u get in the bowl' then say 'couldn't find a big enough bowl' with the big m and m not fitting in the bowl.

That's the one I like too. :D
  • Options
    fezxenakisfezxenakis Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure if it has been shown in the UK bit this is awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owGykVbfgUE

Following on, once you've watched that, watch this cause it adds another layer of awesomeness!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkd5dJIVjgM
  • Options
    IC89IC89 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The experienced fire alarm fitter who uses a WOODEN ladder to install one on the Claims Direct advert.

I laugh at him being such a stupid idiot! ;)

Honestly I cannot think of an advert which I laugh at, but my mum always laughs at the one where they have the laughing babies, apparently that's hilarious.
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Yeo Valley advert that was on during X Factor on Saturday. Very Funny!
    I was going to say exactly the same thing!! Shame I haven't seen them since though, they so came over!

Edit: Found it.;)
  • Options
    littlefrolittlefro Posts: 3,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Thank you Farmers Wife. Mmm."
  • Options
    wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,774
    Forum Member
    Love the new Specsavers one with the Mr Men where Mr Happy goes off in a raging temper and rips Mr Bump's bandage off him.
  • Options
    big_satsumabig_satsuma Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    I like the chocolate Weetabix ads - "remarkable!!"

also the Malteasers ad where there are two couples watching a film and the two blokes are asleep, so the girls put them together on the sofa :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    The Berocca ad with the loggers dancing (just saw for the first time on Living) made me giggle
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Panda cheese one currently going viral.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X21mJh6j9i4
  • Options
    RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adverts that make me laugh with despair are InjuryLawyers, Cash/Mobilephones4Gold, 'Chat'/Ringtones and the like. Despair at the sheer scale of their proliferation, because of what it signifies - that the ranks of sub-normal people susceptible to such influences must be extremely sizeable, given such adverts' continuing commercial viability.
  • Options
    Old BlokeOld Bloke Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite is the Warburton bread advert,with the bread lorries rolling off into the dawn with all the staff coming out to wave goodbye, as if they are going into battle. Stiff upper lips, chaps - be brave!!
  • Options
    Drew_MDrew_M Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cravendale milk mentioned above. Also (I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet) the BirdsEye polar bear adverts from May & June this year (for peas, fish fingers & chicken dippers respectively). A new one for salmon fillets has just come out but it's not as good.
  • Options
    JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Heineken Walk in Fridge is my current favourite.
  • Options
    Dan_CbbcDan_Cbbc Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving the return of the Tetley Tea gang, nice to have them back :)
  • Options
    Drew_MDrew_M Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh - and the Red Bull sheep & clouds.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,820
    Forum Member
    wuffles wrote: »
    Love the new Specsavers one with the Mr Men where Mr Happy goes off in a raging temper and rips Mr Bump's bandage off him.

I was just about to post that! I don't know who they got to do the voice over but it sounds uncannily like Arthur Lowe, fabulous stuff.

*happy nostalgic sigh*:)