WTF - Weekly Top Forty Music channel from November 22nd

Comments

• linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me or has WTF's picture quality significantly improved in the last few days? Now looks better than Clubland TV.
  • Dave_GosportDave_Gosport Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    I just requested a song but didnt see my number pop up on screen.... i wasnt bothered though as i only had to wait 2 songs then it came on so i was quite impressed on how quick it was!

One thing i have noticed is that the same 3 digit mobile numbers keep popping up on screen...

Also can this channel go onto Freeview and replace 4Music please lol! As Freeview needs a channel like WTF!!! :p:D
  • lovedoctor1978lovedoctor1978 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL. They just played Check It Out and didnt bleep "play this Mother F**ker out" :D
    I just checked the lyrics and there is more swearing, I didnt catch anything else so assume it was cut.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL. They just played Check It Out and didnt bleep "play this Mother F**ker out" :D
    I just checked the lyrics and there is more swearing, I didnt catch anything else so assume it was cut.

No they had all the swear words on, even had the swear words in Lily Allen- Alfie :D
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member

I noticed on Green Days Boulevard of Broken Dreams the "****" was audible..luckily as its crowd signing you cant hear it that clearly.
  • lovedoctor1978lovedoctor1978 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not that im complaining (we could do with a more mature attitude to swearing in this country) but how are they getting away with it? And more to the point, how do they think they are gonna continue getting away with it :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just noticed A-Ha - Take on Me.

That's a blast from the past! Where's my phone? :D
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    This is actually my favourite music channel ever :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    garyessex wrote: »
    This is actually my favourite music channel ever :eek:

Yes, it's VERY good! Lots of stuff I haven't heard in ages and some decent current tracks. Good mix - so not boring.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know the channel is getting alot of praise and yes it's not bad BUT:

They really need to look at the output of these videos. Britney Spears - Oops I did it again was playing last night with freezing frames in the picture, terrible motion blur, jerking picture. Horrible wouldn't like to see it on any music channel.

It's running a decent bitrate but Santa has to buy them some decent encoding and output facilities for Christmas. CSC is the opposite they have a decent output but run Bliss on a "crippled" bitrate so looks as bad. A half decent output and it will output a picture similar to Q TV or NME TV.

Worst case atleast stop videos blurring as it makes the channel unwatchable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe I just seen Rammstein on this channel.
  • Dave_GosportDave_Gosport Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    I just requested Shania Twain - Gonna Getch Good and it was played within 5 mins! (Well after the ad break) :D
    Thing is though, my number 07xxx xxx136 keeps popping up... People must think i spend a fortune selecting music lol :D
    All in all, i'm very happy with the channel and the selection of music available on it, Only a few videos seem to be jumpy/blury (Even the ad breaks too which hopefully will soon get sorted!)
    If i could rate the channel out of 5 i'd give it 5 stars! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just requested Shania Twain - Gonna Getch Good and it was played within 5 mins! (Well after the ad break) :D
    Thing is though, my number 07xxx xxx136 keeps popping up... People must think i spend a fortune selecting music lol :D
    All in all, i'm very happy with the channel and the selection of music available on it, Only a few videos seem to be jumpy/blury (Even the ad breaks too which hopefully will soon get sorted!)
    If i could rate the channel out of 5 i'd give it 5 stars! :D

Agree. I've watched it quite a bit over Christmas. (Missed Rammstein though LOL!) It reminds me a bit of Radio 2, only on the telly and a bit more daring and interesting. So far, I've got to agree - it's very good. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Where's the voting info gone? Have they turned it off because no-ones in the office? :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first set of weekly figures are in for WTF TV in December on BARB:

0.5 Reach.

That makes it more than NME TV. When you consider a rival type channel like Starz TV gets 1.4 I find those figures quite poor. Maybe due to low EPG slot and little promotion? Being stuck between an HD channel will affect it's figures as many won't go past it as they don't get MTVNHD.
  • TranceClubberTranceClubber Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    matwood wrote: »
    Where's the voting info gone? Have they turned it off because no-ones in the office? :o

It's back up now i noticed it was down all day.
  • east_boy_16east_boy_16 Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

0.5 Reach.

That makes it more than NME TV. When you consider a rival type channel like Starz TV gets 1.4 I find those figures quite poor. Maybe due to low EPG slot and little promotion? Being stuck between an HD channel will affect it's figures as many won't go past it as they don't get MTVNHD.

They do need a better EPG slot, I often won't go past MTV HD because I don't have the HD pack. The channel isn't doing bad though considering it's been a month since it's debut and it's had little promotion. Personally I'd rather see them replace the trash that is Starz, every time I flick past the latter it's always "Soz we dont have that song" or "Whats your fav footy team" or boobs on screen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

0.5 Reach.

Can't remember when it first appeared exacty but wasn't it delayed for a couple of days. Will the first figures be for less than a week?

In any case I think this channel will be a grower. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WTF ticker is saying today is the day to take your xmas decorations down. It's actually tomorrow! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Ah - depends upon whether you count Christmas Day or Boxing Day as being the first day of Christmas!!
  • VirginMediaPhilVirginMediaPhil Posts: 2,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WTF ticker is saying today is the day to take your xmas decorations down. It's actually tomorrow! :eek:

Oh no! Such a hideous crime cannot be ignored by the masses!

:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The more amazing thing is WTF is the only channel to keep the xmas dog. The rest of the channels have gone. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    It's a winter DOG not a Christmas one... just a bit icy..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a winter DOG not a Christmas one... just a bit icy..

Remember. A dog is not just for Christmas!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    suzzle wrote: »
    Remember. A dog is not just for Christmas!! :D

Personally I think they should have went back to the old dog. No other channel has winter dogs they do them for xmas.