The Decline of Eastenders

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    AGREED and I've watched it since the very begining! I've stopped watching it too on the same reasons, for me its mega rubbish at the moment and I bet the actors know this too! :mad:

I think many of the actors would leave if the show was "mega rubbish"
  • skf1skf1 Posts: 7,857
    Forum Member
    lucverl wrote: »
    Then don't watch it anymore and move on...i still like it.

The OP did state they wouldn't be watching it anymore.
    What is it with this forum? The point is sharing an opinion.
    Don't be rude to folks.
    I gave it ago on Christmas Day after 2 years away (I watched on and off) - and didn't enjoy it. I won't be tuning in either.
    I can't pin point where I tuned out - I think it was during the Darren/Heather baby. I had enough at that point.
    I found The Xmas day episode quite weird. Didn't grab me.

I know I'll still catch the odd episode but something needs to change and fast. That's my opinion x

Steph
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,795
    Forum Member
    Hulllad10 wrote: »

No they won't because they need to earn a living and most actors are unemployed and most EE never get much roles after leaving either.
  • wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    Hulllad10 wrote: »

My job is mega rubbish.But I'm not quitting as I need to eat
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,279
    Forum Member
    Styker wrote: »
    No they won't because they need to earn a living and most actors are unemployed and most EE never get much roles after leaving either.
    Yes they do!
    They either pop up in Doctors,Holby or Casualty and DR who.;)

Personally i don't think there's a problem with the show.
    Yes it went through a bad patch in Oct/nov but nothing on the scale of 2004-2006
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hear hear OP I have watched from the beginning but its becoming difficult to watch I would not be surprised if 2011 see's the end of me watching this soap
  • HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    Iphigenia wrote: »
    I was opposed to bringing Kat and Alfie back - I don't think bringing back characters from a perceived 'golden age' helps. However, they've really impressed me in the few episodes I've seen.

Still, I think the quality of the writing, general direction of s/l's has really gone down hill. The latest tranch of misery has not so much jumped the shark as sunk the ship.

I only watch a snippet here and there, although if anyone can tell me when/that there is an episode when the repulsive Ronnie gets her comeuppance, I'll be there for that one ;D

(A watcher from ep.#1)
    Those two characters together were never in a golden age. Funny how the soap was at the beginning of the decline when they got paired together.