Your Home In Their Hands

miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,428
Forum Member
✭✭
Dear god are these people mad! Some terrible room designs! And the presenter seems more than a little plastic!

Comments

• scarymary555scarymary555 Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Glad I'm not the only one watching this....I don't know why tho? The presenter is Bl**dy awful! :D
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These rooms are making me want to vomit lol. There's no way I'd let them anywhere near designing my rooms.
    Forum Member
    The bathroom is good.
    Forum Member
    The dining room furniture is awful!! Janet is too bossy....its no good crying now girlfriend!
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was ok for a few minutes in Four Rooms but looks way out of her depth fronting an hour-long programme. Apart from that it's a terrible programme anyway. They might as well have let a bunch of school kids loose to "design" the rooms..at least that might have been fun. Total waste of time, and I don't really see the purpose of the programme.
    Forum Member
    They liked it??!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    didnt like any of them and that janet was a HORROR !!!!!!
  • Rose BuddRose Budd Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stop laughing at that kitchen
  • #grotbags##grotbags# Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet was what a cow!
  • bluejumperbluejumper Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Is it just me or was Dan Lavery an actor... Or just a doppelganger for one.... Sure I've seen him on my telly...
  • Vix77Vix77 Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet was terrible but I quite liked the dining room minus the garden furniture dining table and chairs.. Don't think I'd have it my house tho :)
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually liked the presenter. Thought she was refreshing.
  • Lorri LouLorri Lou Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where did they find that presenter? She dressed like a hooker and face was so plastic it could have melted if they hadnt covered up the radiator with a grand piano. What a strange show...
  • lloys-strachanlloys-strachan Posts: 1,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they're going to bring back dross then just bring back Changing Rooms.

Dear God, this was carp. Awful presenter (dolled up to the eyeballs), deluded people who think they can design and home owners who don't/can't say what they want.

Wont be tuning in for this again.
  • japarajapara Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never understand the people on these programmes, why oh why would you let complete armatures who know nothing about you and your style loose to do anything. Surely you cannot be so dull that you cannot decide for yourselves what you would like. If you are why don't you just ask your friends to help you choose at least they have some idea of what you would like.
  • CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the bathroom. The Canadian girl was in a world of her own.

I liked the yellow and orange kitchen but the mint green fridge and patchwork tiles, if that what they were, on the other side of the room were truly horrendous. Hated the piano radiator cover but the owners loved it. If there has to be two designers working together why choose two people with such totally opposing vision. Pushing the boundaries is one thing but it was car crash decorating. The presenter didn't add anything and just seem to make the programme even weirder.
  • Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who allowed this garbage on the BBC?

It's utterly vile, presenter is yukkkk, concept is tired and the viewers were switching over in droves I expect. And as for the Canadian she was so far out there even Stephen Hawkin would have trouble communicating with her. What a dipshit she was.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lorri Lou wrote: »
    Where did they find that presenter? She dressed like a hooker and face was so plastic it could have melted if they hadnt covered up the radiator with a grand piano. What a strange show...

She was one of the dealers who used to make offers for unusual items in Four Rooms.
    I actually used to enjoy that programme, far better than this rubbish.
  • Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was one of the dealers who used to make offers for unusual items in Four Rooms.
    I actually used to enjoy that programme, far better than this rubbish.

I liked Four Rooms but couldn't take to her, this won't go to a second season.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    japara wrote: »
    I never understand the people on these programmes, why oh why would you let complete armatures who know nothing about you and your style loose to do anything. Surely you cannot be so dull that you cannot decide for yourselves what you would like. If you are why don't you just ask your friends to help you choose at least they have some idea of what you would like.

I assume because the BBC paid them
  • eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    20k budget for 2 houses? That's where the tv licence fee goes
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't get over that piano radiator cover. That will be really useful in winter .. not!
  • japarajapara Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Garden furniture as dining chairs yuk, & let's cover up the radiator so much no what comes through as these people serious?
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    At least unlike Changing Rooms, they had money spent and therefore the work done had some quality to it. The bodge it jobs in Changing Rooms used to give me the horrors! I agree though, a lot of it was vile. The lad who did the bathroom I thought had a great sense of style and design. The girl was car crash, how can you be a designer when you have no colour sense at all? :o

I was mesmerised by the presenter....very plastic. Boob job, fake tan, heavy caked on makeup creating a pale face against a fake tanned body, hair extensions and sketally thin. She seemed pleasant enough though, once I stopped staring!

Of all four designers, only the guy seemed to want to create something with the home owners in mind; the others just seemed to want to impose their personality and preferences on a room with no thought for the type of people who lived there. They had one style alone whereas he was creative.
  • J-ZeeJ-Zee Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If People can't be arsed to save money and use their own style to improve their own houses they deserve the ridiculous make overs they get from handing their house keys to random 'interior designers'.